South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 04:37 PM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, guys, I heard from Ellis and she's okay. I'll let her post the details, but thank God, nothing is seriously wrong.

ADD, thanks so much for the support! I LOVE your new signature quote! Hope that water weight goes away and you feel much, much better! Check out the recipes in here for some yummy ideas. Maybe that popcorn cauliflower? That sounds interesting.... I'm with you on the veggies...if I don't eat enough of them, I'm hungry, grumpy, and um, impacted.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:49 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDflower
Hi everyone...

I think that I'm feeling stalled because I'm not eating enough veggies. I feel like I need to increase my veggie intake and nothing is appealing to me. Maybe I should get some cauliflower and make the mashed thing. I'm thawing wild caught salmon for dinner with no idea of what I'm going to do with it. Leaning toward lemon and dill and wrapping in foil on the grill.
ADD - Do you have the cookbook? There is a recipe for salmon steaks with Chinese 5 spice that is served over spinach and garlic. It was so YUMMY! My DH says that one can come back again. I used salmon filets since the store was out of salmon steaks and it didn't cook as evenly as it should have but it still worked.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:51 PM   #18  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chicks just checking in at a decent hour this time. Have just about everything ready to leave in the morning just have to iron dh clothes and pack the cooler and put my makeup in the bag. Went and had my manicure and toe naill done they look beautiful I better make sure I pack my waterproof mascara as I know I will start crying as soon as I see my sister. I am so happy that she finally met a great guy. Thank you girls for all the love to my third dd she was upset again this morning but I am sure all the preperations will help to take her mind off everything. She is such a sweet girl I am so lucky to have her part of our life. I started babysitting her when she was 4 and now her and my dd's are the best of friends. Ruth hope you don't have a hairline fracture but maybe a cast will help take the pain away. Take care sweetie. Ellis I hope all is well with you. I am sure it is probably just stress... it does funny things to the body...take care of yourself you should take a ME hour or two over the week end. Lock yourself in the bathroom and a nice bubble bath and a glass of wine and some bridge mixture. Justjodi how cool we are going to be in the same place at the same time. Maybe we can meet up some how.... I love Nascar. Beachgal thanks for the prayers for my little friend. She needs them. I can't wait til DH and I go away we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary I am hoping for a little romance and some chocolate Historychick cancer is a real scary thing, I lost an Aunt just a few months ago and now another Aunt is battling it again for the second time. It is such a monster. Thanks for the kinds thoughts. Well chicks I must go DH needs a hotwater bottle and the advil time to play nurse...Darn wear did I put my nurses outfit. Thank you to all how are saying prayers and sending warm thoughts to my little Meg's. Take care girls. I will try to pop in in the am before I head off to the wedding. Love to ya all.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:44 PM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks, girls! (thanks, Laurie!) I had a chest x-ray and an ECG (what a great doctor I have) today. My doc checked them right away and they were FINE! Apparently the pain I've been having since January is some sort of muscle/diaphram thingy that can take FOREVER to go away. I think I hurt it doing some lat extentions. When I sneeze, it feels like I'm having a heart attack.
So I guess I'm not verging on dying. Which is almost unfortunate, because I celebrated by having a hamburger this evening. (arteries... clogging...)
Anyhow, I think the fear of God is in me, and I AM doing a lot better this week. (Water aerobics! Yoga!)

Add, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER, GIRL!! Get off your butt and get exercising!! Your life is on the line. (do I sound like a reformed smoker?)

Jess, I'm sorry, but your broken foot story made me giggle. You poor girl.

Ruthie, you and I are going to have to go gun shopping. We'll put those damned birds out of their misery! (or out of OUR misery!)

Jodi, where have you BEEN, darling?!

WOW, Barb, your DH is OP!!! I hope he's having a good birthday!

Little Chick, have a WONDERFUL weekend, sweetie. I can't wait to hear all about the wedding.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:32 PM   #20  
I graduated!

ugh. I just talked to my step-mom about the menu for the shower on saturday... It looks like I won't be able to eat any of the salads that she's serving... chinese chicken salad w/ a sweet (sugar based) dressing, cobb salad which probably has blue cheese which I'm allergic to and some sort of pasta salad (pasta: not OP) ... not to mention that the insane woman has ordered something like 80 petit fours!!! Save me from Petit fours!!!!!

Not so big of a deal to pack in my own salad... but ugh... dessert.

Old 07-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #21  
Conquering with SBD

Ellis - So good to hear that everything is fine. Was thinking of you today and wondering how you had made out. What a relief.

LittleChick - Have a great weekend at the wedding.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:33 PM   #22  
RNMOM

Default ADDflower

Try sugar free/fatfree chocolate pudding. Throw in a few peanuts or macadamias and you'll think you died and went to heaven. You can get through the shower!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:11 AM   #23  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi ladies -- how I've missed you all! According to Little Chick, it is FRIDAY but I am posting in the Thursday thread instead of starting up a new one.

Computer problems are still bad, as is trying to access the forum at work! The "Federal Marriage Amendment" is up for a vote on the Senate Floor here in the US and so I've been working overtime at my organization to try to get it defeated. I won't go on about it nor do I want to get into politics, but if you live in the states, are against using the Constitution for discriminatory purposes and want to help, please call your Senator today! It would make my job easier and I would have more time to post!

I am at my lowest weight ever! Despite my TOM not coming when it was supposed to. And right now I am on the house-guest's laptop, so hopefully I can sign on every once in a while.

I am waiting for my little sister and brother ok 23 is not so little!] to get here for their visit. I took tomorrow off, but that's a no go as there is too much work to get done. So I have to go in for a bit in the morning.

Anyway, I've been trying to catch up. Can you believe I took notes!

Little Chick == I haven't been to Hershey since 7th grade. Have a blast!!

Clovey == thinking of you and your mom!

Ellis == glad to hear it was nothing too serious. I was worried when I read that!

Mama == I can't read my handwriting, so I guess I can just say hi!

Barb == Happy B-day to DH! And yay for him for being concerned with getting you OP! That's love for you!

Peggy == all I have to say is awwwwww!

Laurie == once again, you are inspirational!

I really do miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn
Old 07-09-2004, 07:15 AM   #24  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you, Peggy and Jenn.

Jenn, believe me if I lived in the States I'd help you out. You may need to move to Canada.

ADD!! 80 petite fours!! I could eat those in one sitting!! Good luck tomorrow, hon!
Closed Thread