3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Update on Hubby's surgery (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/42874-update-hubbys-surgery.html)

Mamacita 07-01-2004 09:41 PM

Update on Hubby's surgery

For those who asked me to post an update...

The surgery went wonderfully...better than expected. Dh can actually HEAR out of his right ear for the first time in years! But, because the procedure was a little different than the doctor expected, he wanted dh to stay overnight for observation to make sure he doesn't have any nausea or vertigo...common effects after this type of thing.

So, tomorrow, I'll be carting him home.

Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers. I'm sure that without them, things wouldn't have gone this good! :)

HUGS!

Mamacita

Kiko 07-01-2004 09:52 PM

We were posting at the same time- I just asked about him! Hugs to you both-I can't imagine how much that will improve DH's quality of life!! (And yours- let's be honest!! :lol:)

Take care of yourself Mama!!!! :grouphug:

ellis 07-01-2004 10:22 PM

Mamacita, I'm so glad for you and your husband! What a gift... to be able to hear well again!! :)

RNMOM 07-01-2004 10:30 PM

Mamacita....yoohooo!

That's really cool! Big hugs! You know, now you won't be able to mumble under your breath anymore..... :D

HistoryChick 07-01-2004 11:43 PM

Mamacita that is so wonderful about your husband. I'm so happy for you guys! I'm so glad everything turned out great! :D

Ruthxxx 07-02-2004 07:50 AM

Excellent news! You will be so happy to have him home. Big hugs for a speedy recovery. (((Mamacita and her DH)))

smilintwins 07-02-2004 09:27 AM

I may be new here, but I was thinking about you and your DH yesterday. Glad to hear the good news!!

jenne1017 07-02-2004 09:32 AM

Great News! THanks for updating us!

Mamacita 07-02-2004 03:58 PM

Dh is home now and full of energy. No pain, no nausea, and no vertigo at all. He can hear wonderfully! We're going out to Red Lobster to celebrate tonight. Hope I can resist the Cheddar Bay biscuits! :eek:

His surgeon gave us a copy of his "before and after" photos. Amazing what they can do nowadays. Oh, found out he had something called otosclerosis. Hereditary and very treatable (obviously). :D

Thank you for all the big hugs and good wishes. Love you chicks a bunch!

Mamacita

cottagebythesea 07-02-2004 08:45 PM

Mamacita - I'm so happy for your husband (and you)! Glad it went better than expected!

little chick 07-02-2004 09:13 PM

I am so glad that all went well. Hugs to both of you. :)

sweet tooth 07-03-2004 03:03 PM

So glad to hear that the surgery went well. Take care of him....and yourself. :)