3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hi All..New to SB..but not to lcing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/42709-hi-all-new-sb-but-not-lcing.html)

Gane 06-28-2004 07:14 PM

Hi All..New to SB..but not to lcing

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My name is Jen and I have tried Atkins for about 10 months and had my cholesterol checked..OMG what a shock :devil: ...mine sky rocketed... So had to quit and try low fat which did not work :o , just set up cravings big time and put my weight right back at the starting point. I am so glad SB is around now and I can go back to LCing, I am day 2 of phase 1...it is really hard to get out of the Atkins more fat mind set and into a better fat mind set. I have been reading a bunch of the older posts to get some ideas on meal strategies. My cravings are starting to rear their ugly head.

Jen

ellis 06-28-2004 09:18 PM

Welcome to the Beach, Jen! :wave:

sweet tooth 06-29-2004 10:09 AM

Welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you.

ozziesgirl 06-29-2004 01:34 PM

Welcome to the beach Jen!

Barb0522 06-29-2004 01:43 PM

Welcome, Jen! My cholesterol is one reason I started SBD. I'll know in a few weeks how well it has worked so far. Be strong and really try hard to stay OP (on plan) during Phase 1. It gets so much easier when you get to Phase 2. I kept trying new ways to fix vegetables and used them with the protein and really enjoyed the new foods. Let us know if you have any questions.

jenne1017 06-29-2004 04:15 PM

Welcome Jen. The cravings will get better...

Stick with it!

Gane 06-29-2004 06:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome...today is sugar headache day...oh so fun.

Jen

beachgal 06-29-2004 11:11 PM

Jen, I know you will get out of those cravings really soon. And the worse they are now, the more they will keep you from cheating, later. I know you can do this! :cheer:

Your lower case "LCing" in your title looked like icing to me...thought you were saying that you were very friendly with cake frosting. ;) Funny! ;)

I go for a cholesterol check yearly, and they want me to wait until August because my doctor is so sure that SBD will make it better! :D I'm looking forward to hearing about Barb's readings. I think there was a post here recently about a change in cholesterol. The plan really was meant to change your blood chemistry, and I'm excited to see what happens to mine! With a dad with high blood pressure, a mom with Type II diabetes, and an entire family who is genetically predisposed to cholesterol in the 300s, I am set for disaster if I don't do something! :rolleyes:

MichelleRae 06-30-2004 12:06 AM

lol Laurie I thought it said Icing too I was like oh man I gotta read this one lol If this girl has figured out a SBD legal recipe for icing I'm in ;)

Welcome to the beach!!

clovey 06-30-2004 04:06 AM

Welcome Jen! I thought it said Icing too, and I was thinking that was some new weight loss plan I had not heard of (and surely I have heard of them all......)

looking forward to getting to know you

ellis 06-30-2004 06:41 AM

me too on the icing. :lol: Brought back memories of my days spent with a bowl of chocoate icing...

Ruthxxx 06-30-2004 07:28 AM

I'm somewhat late with my Welcome to The Beach. I was sure this was about icing too! Yummy! I think a bowl of icing was about the first thing I made when I had my own kitchen! :lol:

justjodi 06-30-2004 08:57 AM

hello there welcome to the beach!!! i was also thinking i'm no stranger to icing!!! and cake also. nice to meet you!! hope you have a great time on the beach!!

jenne1017 06-30-2004 09:40 AM

Welcome! Great name ;)

-Jenn

Gane 06-30-2004 10:39 PM

Well to be honest I LOVE icing the real stuff not LCing..well that too. I am a butter cream frosting lover, lucky for me the temptation doesn't come often.

Jen