South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 11:08 AM   #16  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ok well these are some great minis.

We'll stick together and achieve them. I know we will! If anyone needs anything from me [even a kick in the tush] let me know!

Jenn
Old 06-29-2004, 10:17 PM   #17  

well i had a mini goal that i have now acheived!!! it was fitting back into skinny jeans (miss 60 sz 31 which is a extremely SMALL 31) that i used to wear after I lost some weight on WW. for a while i could barely get the fat thighs in there let alone zip up. now they fit perfect again! i was estatic! its been 2 YEARS since i wore them! also i finally fit into a pair of jeans i got on sale and thought i would thin into. *snickers* 10 months LATER! HA! i'm now around my lowest weight ever so next mini goal is a size down in jeans. i figured it takes around 10 pounds for me to drop a size. so my next mini goal is being in the 130's i guess! virgin territory!!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:01 PM   #18  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Guys, I must admit that I am a bit frustrated...I've lost about 46 pounds or so, and I've only gone down one size. I put on the 24 W pants I have and they just fit. They close and all, but they feel tight. Same with the shorts. One 24W dress skims my curves, and it's a straight dress, but I feel like after 40 pounds I should have dropped at least 2 sizes!! Granted, my size 18/20 undies seem less tight, and my stomach is definitely much smaller...but what is going on in the size dept?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:17 PM   #19  

laurie,
thats so weird! have you been tracking your measurements? i do and really find that helps. cause like this week i didn't lose but i lost some half inches here and there, so that made me feel better. and i would lose inches every week but clothing was the same for a long time. maybe all of a sudden you will notice a change! but wow, almost 50 pounds, that is so awesome!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:20 PM   #20  
I can do this!

Thanks, Pika!

I didn't measure myself at the beginning...I was too embaressed. I knew that I would want to be able to see my loss in inches, but I just was afraid of the size of the original numbers. So now I have no idea how much I have lost in inches. *sigh* How I love being in denial...
Old 06-30-2004, 04:23 AM   #21  

Beachgal I have the wonderings about sizes in clothes as well. I dont think I have ever been less than a size 14 (that is 12 in american sizes I think) but my weight has gone from 140 up to 165 or so without me going to the next size up. These days I am in a size 20 but cant see me getting in to an 18 until I have lost at least another 30 lbs.

Some of it has to do with muscle tone I think. And I think some has to do with how much loose skin you have when losing weight.......and, umm, age
Old 06-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #22  

That doesn't make any sense! For me if I lose 10-15 pounds I need to go down a size in clothes. I don't see how on earth you could lose that much and only go down one size.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:40 AM   #23  

Laurie -- it could be you are losing in different places. Have your boobs shrunk? band size? shirt size? shoe size?

I know it wasn't until my first 20 was off that I went down a size because I lost a little from everywhere.

everyone is different -- I guess that's good to remember!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:40 AM   #24  

I know that one thing I find frustrating is that the sizes vary so much. I just bought a size 16 pair of pants that fits (a little snug) while I still have several 18's that fit perfectly and another pair of 18s that hangs on me. It seems that everything is cut differently! I doubt I will ever get below a 14 no matter what I lose. I just seems like my bone structure and the way I am built requires more room. I know I was a 14 in high school when I was only 125 pounds. And I know too that I have a lot of hanging skin on my belly from being heavy (and one c-section) that gets in the way of smaller pants. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #25  
Conquering with SBD

Laurie...I can empathize with you about the size, but be patient. When I initially decided to lose weight, I went through the same thing. I had lost tons of weight, but my clothing size didn't go down. I was determined to lose weight, though and kept persisting with the weight loss. After losing just a bit more weight, I noticed that my clothes were very loose. I discovered that I had gone down 4 sizes in a very short time.

It was almost like the inches didn't come off initially, but then just seemed to fall off. Just be patient. You will eventually lose the inches and be healthy at the same time.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:12 PM   #26  

From what I remember when I was much smaller you only needed to gain 10 pounds to go up a size but once you get past about a size 18 you seem to have to lose a lot more weight (about 30 pounds for me) to drop a size. I have a friend who is about 50 pounds heavier than I am but she buys one size larger than me. I think the cuts of the larger size are designed to accommodate a wider range of physiques. I have found I have toned up certain areas (mainly my waist and thighs) since going to the gym so I can drop a size now having only lost about 10 pounds on the scales (but probably lost a lot of fat and gained some toned up muscles).
Old 07-01-2004, 12:01 AM   #27  
I can do this!

Good points, guys!

I'm still fitting pretty well in my DDD bras, so no cigar there (I wish!!!). My waist and thighs seem smaller, and my stomach is much smaller, but I think it's still big enough to get in the way. Maybe I'll find that I'm an 18 or so when I lose the stomach completley. My panties are size 18/20 and are starting to be very loose.

Pika mentioned that she thinks the same way you do, Chick. That the bigger sizes seem to have bigger gaps in between. She did the math and figured out that if I lost a size every 10 pounds, I'd be a size 10 and 210 pounds. No way! I figure I'll be a size 14 when I finish, maybe a 12. So that means I only have six or seven sizes to lose and 150 pounds total. At least 20 pounds per size. We'll see. I think I fit into a size 20 when I was around 190+, so...

Thanks for the support and suggestions. They help a lot! Is anyone else in my size range and seeing the same thing?
Old 07-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #28  

I also think that the lower you go, weight wise, the less there is in between sizes. I was only an 18 for a few months, compared to getting from my size of a 24 to a 22 then a 20 [I think it was at least 7 months and at least 30 lbs.]

I know now, all the 16's I bought are lose on me [or actually, fit correctly since I am not squeezing myself into clothes to small for me like I used to], but I can't get into a 14 yet. Plus, my goal size is a 12 -- but weight goal is 165 or so. They don't equate if I go by the 10 lb rule so who knows...

Anyway, I am wearing a "fitted" [I think tight but I know it's not] shirt today and feel WONDERFUL. I am used to hiding behind my clothes. 2 co-workers called me thin today. My new roomie told me it looked GOOD on me, but I am so used to hiding beneath tents, that I can't see it.

Although I feel a bit uncomfortable, I do think I look good!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:14 AM   #29  

Can I jump in with a mini-goal? My DH's class reunion is the last Saturday in July. And while I know I can't really change myself between now and then, I want to have that sense about me...that "I worked for it and look good" sense. Maybe I won't wow anyone cause lord knows I have a long way to go. But if I feel good about myself, it will show.

And I want an excuse to buy a new outfit.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #30  

In a month Jen, I lost upwards of 10. It's possible! Excersise and stick to the plan.

But no matter how much you do, or don't lost, confidence is what's important. You are doing a great job. Keep it up!
Closed Thread