South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:40 AM   #1  

Default Splenda

Has anyone looked at the Splenda webiste? It's got tons of fabulous recipes for all sorts of meals. I'd love to hear what ya'll think of them and whether they are Phase II safe. A few of them aren't low fat, but I think you can make them with some easy substitutions. I can't wait to try the tiramisu. Loving the chocolate dipped strawberries on Phase II. I feel as if I've been sinful. Ahh, hope all you chickies are having a wonderful morning...must seek caffeine.
VT
Old 06-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

VT, I'll try to check those out sometime soon. Just watch for things that are on the list of foods to avoid. You can probably make most things. I love tiramisu...how awesome would it be to make that?

Love those strawberries, too. Aren't they decadent! Do you eat yours with the warm chocolate or do you chill them after dipping? I've been chilling mine, but I think I might try them hot sometime soon!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #3  

I chilled them last night. My roommates (all boys) were making fun of all the enjoyment I derived from a strawberry covered in bakers cocoa. And I added fat free half and half, not whipping cream, as per the recipe. I even licked the chocolate off the parchment paper, I would never waste chocolate.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lol...boys just don't understand the relationship between women and their chocolate!
Old 06-29-2004, 03:17 PM   #5  

Thumbs up I'm New - Love Splenda

I went to the spenda web site too. I love Chi Latte, like at Starbucks!

I tired the splenda recipe and it was pretty good. By the third time I made it I have down! I like mine pretty strong so I double and triple some of the spices and cook it for a good long time to get it to the strength I like. I keep the "chi tea" in a jar in the fridge and then all I have to do is add some soy milk and zap it for about a minute and a half in the microwave. It's pretty good.

Now I also have the chocolate strawberries and blue berries perfected as well. And the good thing is... no sugar comma afterwards!!
Closed Thread