South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 01:33 PM   #1  

Smile Getting bored :?:

I am getting bored and my biggest problem is that I'm a picky eater. plus... is there a reason I'm so tired durring the day? I've never been more tired than when I started this diet. But I'm trying my best.
Some encouragement please? : I've already lost 10 but I have a long way to go.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:38 PM   #2  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome to the beack Katie!!!

You never gave much information so I am assuming you are still in phase 1?? If so, it is entirely normal to feel a little sluggish for the first week. Make sure to eat frequently, your meals and snacks. Eat lots of veggies and adequate protein until you are full to keep your energy up.

First, what don't you like to eat? Maybe that way we can give you suggestions that you would like. Maybe you can check out the recipe forum and see if you can find anything in there that you would like.

Keep at it. You have already lost 10 pounds!! That is great, you seem to be doing the right thing so don't get discouraged. We are here for you
Old 06-29-2004, 01:45 PM   #3  

Maybe you can also tell us some of the types of foods that you like to eat and we can come up with SBD variations. How long have you been on this? I have a lot more energy in Phase 2.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:49 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to the Beach. Come on in - the water's fine! It gets easier the longer you "swim".
Old 06-29-2004, 01:51 PM   #5  

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziesgirl
Welcome to the beack Katie!!!

You never gave much information so I am assuming you are still in phase 1?? If so, it is entirely normal to feel a little sluggish for the first week. Make sure to eat frequently, your meals and snacks. Eat lots of veggies and adequate protein until you are full to keep your energy up.

First, what don't you like to eat? Maybe that way we can give you suggestions that you would like. Maybe you can check out the recipe forum and see if you can find anything in there that you would like.

Keep at it. You have already lost 10 pounds!! That is great, you seem to be doing the right thing so don't get discouraged. We are here for you
Yes Still in phase one. But that ends tomorrow. I love bread and pasta... I grew up on mostly Italian and German foods. Pasta, Potatoes, Fresh Bread... I miss them so very much. THanks so much for the encouragement. It really seems like the people here are great. Why couldn't I have found this sight a year ago when I tried atkins? maybe then I wouldn't have stayed on a diet instead of gaining 15 lbs. I love to exercise... so If anyone is an IUP'er Katie needs a gym buddy!
as to being so tired... thats a good explaination. Eat more...good idea. I like that. hehe ~Katie
Old 06-29-2004, 02:08 PM   #6  

With Phase 2 you can have WW(Whole Wheat) pasta. I just have to be very careful not to eat to much. Load it us with mushrooms, tomatoes and squash if you like those. Eggplant Parmesan is also great if you don't fry it and just use a little WW bread crumbs. You could serve it with a small side of pasta and still get that Italian taste. The Eggplant Pizzettas in the recipe section are also pretty good or make a pizza with a whole wheat tortilla. What's IUP stand for? I guess I haven't heard that acronym.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:13 PM   #7  

Default Iup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522
With Phase 2 you can have WW(Whole Wheat) pasta. I just have to be very careful not to eat to much. Load it us with mushrooms, tomatoes and squash if you like those. Eggplant Parmesan is also great if you don't fry it and just use a little WW bread crumbs. You could serve it with a small side of pasta and still get that Italian taste. The Eggplant Pizzettas in the recipe section are also pretty good or make a pizza with a whole wheat tortilla. What's IUP stand for? I guess I haven't heard that acronym.
haha sorry IUP stands for Indiana University of PA. Its where I'm attending school.
Closed Thread