South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 04:00 PM   #1  

Default Pudding....

In my food guide it mentions to avoid pudding. What if you have sugar free fat free pudding would that be ok? Also everyone should try the Cauliflower in the plastic bag recipie from the side dish location. It was yummy.

Jennifer

SW -286 CW- 274 GW-145 ish
Old 06-27-2004, 07:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Ummm... I believe the general consensus is that the pudding should be saved for Phase II.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:15 AM   #3  
Traci

Not to disagree with the consensus, but....

I actually ate SF/FF pudding in Phase I and counted a serving as 1/2 cup of the milk allowed per day and 25 calories towards the 75 calorie alotted to sweet treats.

Personally I don't see much difference between the pudding and a fudgecicle, except that the pudding at least has some milk in it for calcium. Both have about the same carbs/calories and you're allowed to have milk on Phase I so I just followed my own common sense on it. Especially since I couldn't eat the rocotta creme thingies (gross) and got sick of fudgecicles for dessert every night.

Is there a particular reason why the pudding is discouraged in Phase I?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Traci, I don't know. I actually ate it on Phase I, too.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #5  
Traci

*giggle*
Old 06-28-2004, 05:23 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Traci, I think even Dr. A would agree that we should get to know the book until we understand where it is coming from, then go with what makes sense. For instance, I still eat WASA crispbreads even though they are not officially sanctioned. They just fit all the rules and are not craving causers for me.

I say go with the pudding, just be aware that the calories count towards your 75 of the day.

One question would be...should the calories be just the pudding without milk? That's what I would do, since the milk cals are just a regular part of your day.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #7  

I guess the deserts have a thickening agent which is technically off plan until phase two. I did phase one a little longer than two weeks but added in f/f sugar free deserts to give me some variety so I could stay on phase one longer. Actually I called it phase 1.5 so technically this wasn't phase one.
Closed Thread