South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 04:55 PM   #1  

Default A tip when ordering out on SBD.

Here's a tip that I just learned the hard way.

I'm working a part-time job on weekends to supplement my full-time job, as I save moeny for my first house. I neglected to pack enough food for myself when I left the house this morning, and found myself very hungry around 2 o'clock. So, I went down the street from the station (I'm doing news at a talk-radio station on wknds), and ordered a salad with chicken.

I paid for it, and rushed back because I had only a tiny bit of time to spare.

Opened the salad and the chicken? Was CHICKEN FINGERS. Yes, deep-friend, breaded chicken fingers. Oh, and the salad was drenched with a runny dressing -- it was supposed to be a low-fat caesar, but I have my doubts.

<EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE>

$10, down the drain.

I had a few bites because I NEEDED something, but I threw it out quickly. If I'm going to cheat and have crap? It's going to be beer or pizza. It is NOT going to be shitty chicken fingers (sorry, are we allowed to swear in this forum? Because I'm now in a VERY cranky mood) and a non-tasty salad dressing.

So, the tip is: if you're ordering a salad with chicken, ask for your dressing on the SIDE and make SURE the chicken is a grilled breast of chicken -- NOT deep fried chicken with breading.

Grrr.

Now I'm worried, because of my few bites of crappy salad, that I won't loose this week. Which I was worried about before, but am certain of now. (sigh)
Old 06-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kim, you'll do fine, sweetheart! I totally know the feeling...search back for my post about the darn bean salad! I had three bites of it with sugar dressing (not knowing) and I still lost 12 pounds that second week of Phase 1! I think you'll be fine, and I commend you for throwing it out and not using the "wasting money/food" excuse to eat it! Good for you!!! And a great tip...I never would have thought of that!
Old 06-26-2004, 07:42 PM   #3  

Heehee ... I fell for this one yesterday too! I went to a luncheon and passed on the cheese and crackers and nibbled carefully at the fruit platter on the table, had a bowl of vegetable soup with no rolls, and was waiting for lunch when they brang out a plate of cakes with tea and coffee. That was when I realised THAT WAS LUNCH! I was so starving hungry I ate half a slice of wholemeal bread, and two little cakes because I knew I wasn't going to get home until 5 o'clock. I drank a ton of water to minimise the sugar damage then once the speeches started I needed to pee so badly but couldn't leave the room!
Old 06-27-2004, 12:22 AM   #4  

don't worry i'm sure you won't gain or stall anything! you ate so little of it! and to be honest, i find i can have one cheat thing a week (even 2 times), and still be able to lose weight! just try and stay OP for the remainder of the week (whats left of it) and you'll be fine!
Old 06-27-2004, 06:42 AM   #5  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

I don't know what possesses people to bread the chicken in a SALAD. It doesn't make sense to me. That same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I was on phase 1. However, I ate it cause I was starving (with no willpower like you!) but I never gained. In fact, I lost. So don't worry too much!
Old 06-27-2004, 07:53 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Kim, that is horrible!
No matter... stuff happens... move on and you'll be just fine.
And yes, you may swear in moderation. Off limits are the "f" word and "J.C." But if anyone is offended, I'll remove the "s" word.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:27 PM   #7  

Thanks for the support on this one, girls. I really felt bad that I had those bites of the salad, but I have to sort of take into consideration how good the rest of my day was.

As for will power... talk to me about will power when I standing in front of the Baskin Robbin's ice cream cooler. Then you'll see the TRUE test. (I generally get an "F" on that one.)
Closed Thread