Starting P1, Day 1 this morning

• Hi! I am starting SBD today and am excited. My copy of the book hasn't arrived yet, but I found enough sample diets and food lists to help me until my copy comes in the mail. I am 33 and have 35 pounds to lose. I look forward to any advice and hope to be able to give support too!
    Cindy
  • Welcome, Cindy!

I HIGHLY encourage you to read the book when it comes. I don't know how I would have made it through without knowing the background of what Dr. A was thinking with this WOE.

I love this plan...it's the first one I've done that I can truly live with ! : I hope you feel the same way!
  • I agree with Laurie. You might also want to get the cookbook. It has a lot of good recipes although I tend to take a lot of my healthy recipes that I already had and convert them. It is really easy once you read the book and the info on this forum. Just don't let yourself get discouraged during Phase 1. I gets a lot easier after the first week or two. I think the real secret to SBD is planning your meals and snacks so that you can shop for the ingredients and won't be tempted to grab something off plan. Welcome!
  • Welcome! Make yoiu sure you check out the recipe thread here as well. There are lots of good ones.

Good luck!
  • Welcome to SBD.

I have been on the plan for just over a month. Yesterday, I started Phase II after 5 1/2 weeks on Phase I. I wouldn't recommend that, though, it just happened that circumstances in my life made the decision to stay on Phase I more convenient.

You can do this...
  • Welcome, Cindy! There's lots of great advice (see the FAQ) and support here!!
  • Thanks
    Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I can't wait to read the book - it should be here either Wednesday or Thursday. Hope to hear from everybody soon!
  • Welcome Welcome!!!
  • Everyone has given you great answers so I just wanted to say welcome to SBD! Good luck!