Hello

• Hello, my name is Valerie (you can call me Val). I am 45 yrs. old and a stay at home mom with 3 children. We have several pets 3 dogs (one of those a very bossy chihuahua), 2 cats and a tarantula.

My husband and I have been on SB since April. I've lost 23 lbs. and he's lost 26 lbs. I am currently on medication for Hypothyroidism and very pleased that I've lost as much weight as I have.

We go to the YMCA 3 times a week for weight training and cardio. I also do a exercise video for flexibilty 6 times a week.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!
  • Hi Val and welcome to the beach! Wow you and your hubby sure have had wonderful success! What is your secret? You have definitely come to the right place, there is so much support, ideas and info here.

Good luck on your journey and hope to talk with you more!
  • Welcome Val..

Sounds like the SBD is perfect for you and your DH! Congratulations on your success!

l
  • Welcome to The Beach, Val. Here's to your continued success.
  • Welcome to the Beach Val!! I am very similar to you, I am also hypothyroid and taking medication, I think SBD is a great balanced diet for a thyroid patient! Keep up the great work!
    Michelle
  • Welcome, Val! You've done great! BTW, I live just east of you in Richardson. My husband needs this way of life so much and I just can't convince him to try - actually I can't get him to give up his Dr. Pepper! At least he'll eat the healthy dinners. Glad to see yours has joined in.