South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:25 AM   #1  
Traci

Default The bike ride from **** (can I say that?)

Sunday I woke up extra early. DH and DD were still sleeping soundly, so I decided to take advantage of my cheapo MP3 player having all new music on it and go out for a bike ride.

As I did my normal ride around the neighborhood, I thought maybe I could get some extra motivation by choosing a destination to ride to for a change. I picked a park that was not too far away, and headed there. Once I got there, I was riding around their bike/jog trail for a bit and got to thinking, "gee this one is pretty small, I bet the other park is much bigger". So, without real consideration of exactly how far away the "other park" is, I headed over there. Halfway there, I started thinking "wow, it is farther away than I thought" and was tempted to turn back around, but stupidly I kept going anyway. Once I got there, and it was FAR, I found that their bike trail was indeed much bigger and thought in order to check it out properly I would need to go round it in it's entirety at least once.

After a bit I started to realize that my carb store must be down to zero or something because my energy went way way way down. I wondered if I could make it back at all, I was so exhausted already. But, I had to! I wasn't going to call DH and make him come pick me up with the car for heaven's sake, I'd never hear the end of it.

So I made my way back home. I hadn't noticed that on the way TO the park that I must have had a nice tail wind. On the way back I couldn't do anything but laugh when I realized that when going the opposite way the wind was VERY VERY strong and pushing me so hard I could barely pedal forward.

I made it home, barely, crawling up the stairs. When I got in, I told DH what I had done and he said, "You mean Peterson Park? Oh my God hun, that park is about 20 miles away!! What were you thinking? No wonder you were gone so long!"

I had been gone all morning. We had a good laugh about it!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

LOL! You are crazy. ROFL I ache just reading your story.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:04 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Old 06-14-2004, 10:31 AM   #4  

I totally would have called. You're such a trooper.

I bet you're SORE.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:32 AM   #5  

I'm a total dork. I was thinking, oh hey there's a peterson park here too.

Well probably b/c we live in the same town.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:39 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Old 06-14-2004, 03:37 PM   #7  

It may have been tough, but be proud.. you made it back!!

lisa z.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:41 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Traci! That is amazing! Good for you on forcing your way back! I have so done that kind of thing before. Now I am really adamant about conserving enough energy to get back home!
Old 06-14-2004, 05:32 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

wow.. i dont think i have ever been on a 20 mil + bike ride lmao

great story
Closed Thread