South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 05:09 PM   #16  

Laurie-
I just saw you're in upstate NY. Anywhere near Rochester? My extremely mean MIL lives there. You could cook some wonderful food, and she would eat it all (several plates of it) then tell you how awful it is.
*632 miles isn't far enough.......
Old 06-08-2004, 05:43 PM   #17  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Laurie --thanks for the suggestiong. It's just that I do not make enough right now -- when I was with my partner, we split the rent. Now, I got stuck paying the whole thing.

Planned Parenthood, being as progressive as they are, are very bad about lesbians! My friends and I have had bad experiences.

I made an appointment with my Dr. for the 17th. I hope to be, um, regular by that time. It's just between the copays and such. Anyway, I get paid Friday and get the day off. The pay schedule got out of whack and therefore so am I. Hate to sound whiney.

I am having hot flashes, crampsthat are bad [considering I've had none in forever] and I have so much more work to do but need to go vote then go home.

Nite all. Hope you are all well!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:02 PM   #18  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jenn, I'm sorry about all that. Hope payday comes soon!

Pebbles, I'm about an hour and a half from Rochester. Sorry about having a mean MIL! How awful! Mine was terrible when I first met her, but after a bunch of work, we are much closer and get along now. I hope that time and distance helps your relationship with your MIL!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:15 PM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Such darlings on this forum... all of you... You're all SO nice to each other!!

I had something incredibly witty to say, but I can't remember what it was. (well, it seemed witty to ME, but you know me... it could have been really stupid...)

What do you do with people with road rage? (this is not a joke) This big fat dick-head was weaving in and out of traffic behind me, caught up to me and HONKED at me to speed up!! I was already doing 80 in a 60 zone. He totally tail-gated me for a couple of km before passing me and shaking his fist. I caught up to him at a traffic light, and wanted to get out and scrape my keys down the side of his pretty fat car, but I restrained myself. I also wanted to bang on his hood with my fists, smash his side window in, and grab him by his fat bald head and crack it again and again on his steering wheel. It isn't right that I should lose it just because someone else does.

Jenn, I so hear you re: the money. I hope payday gets here fast for you.

Pebbles, your MIL is a *itch. I have a spell for people like that. I'm so sorry about your eye. Did you cut it badly?
Old 06-08-2004, 06:51 PM   #20  

I wonder what the record is for leaving your clothes in the washing machine and having to restart it with more soap when they get smelly? Not to brag or anything, but I've had a load in there for almost two weeks (see: Ellis's major life problems), and I've just restarted it for the sixth time. Added in a few pairs of underware for everyone... we're all running a bit low.
Hopefully I can get to the point of physically removing it from the washer and getting it out on the line and dried before it rains tomorrow morning...
Old 06-08-2004, 07:19 PM   #21  

Ellis - not sure what the record for that is. We have housekeepers that come every two weeks. My poor DH and would probably have to go to work w/o clothes if it weren't for them. I hate doing laundry - correction - I hate putting it away.

My eye is ok, it's just that when I put in the drops it eventually runs down the back of my throat and tastes disgusting.

Laurie - I'm slightly jealous. I love all those wineries down there, and they don't ship out of state. Oh - and the Dinosaur restraunt. Have you eaten there?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:42 PM   #22  
I graduated!

Wow, everyone has been really talkative today! I had to go out and get blood drawn for a study I'm participating in... and go by my college to deal with some financial aid stuff... plus there's this other thing that I'm dealing with that took up the rest of my so I've not been by sooner to say hi to everyone...

Ruth Big hugs to you, I was my grandmother's primary caregiver for the last few years of her life (which included being her caregiver while she was living with my Aunt a few thousand miles away; and if you can figure that one out you're one up on me!) I know too well the demands of caregiving. If you can find a support group it helps a lot. caregiver[dot]org is a great resource if you don't already know about it. My feelings that caregiving was a thankless job was compounded by loosing the "A" I had earned in my first semester of nursing school because of points that were docked for absences that resulted from my grandmothers death and having to plan her funeral etc...

I know that nuns don't always look like nuns anymore but the image of a Sister in full habit bungie jumping is gonna stay with me for a long time!

You can actually just buy Chai or Masala tea in regular old bags... a little FF 1/2 and 1/2 and a touch o' your favorite sweetener and you're good to go

I went out and got some low carb fudgesicles and something called Keto bars (vanilla w/chocolate coating) THAT HELPED Yesterday was a headache to beat the band in the evening, dizziness and everything.

I am so glad that I found this place... I hope I fit in! I hope I can keep up! I hope I can stick to this diet!

(we still have not bought a scale)

Lovingly,
Old 06-08-2004, 09:55 PM   #23  

You TOTALLY fit in, ADD!!
Old 06-08-2004, 10:36 PM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! I just discovered Splenda sweetened Mr Freezees! No Frankenfood comments, OK? I'm dying of the heat and just came back from two meetings! One was the Cemetary Board (deadly) and the other was the Mill Society (deadly boring!) Why would anyone want to look at a one hour slide presentation on steam engines?
Tomorrow, i will resolve the AC problem. In the meantime, I am sleeping with the Freezees.
Night all!
Closed Thread