New to SBD

• Hello! I am currently in the middle of reading the SBD, and I've just purchased the cookbook.
    I am fairly newly wed (five months) and I graduated from college in December.
    I think the stress of the final couple of semesters, planning and having the wedding, searching for a job in my field (library science ), and applying to and then getting into graduate school helped me to reach my all time highest weight of 175 pounds.
    My goal is to eventually lose 30-60 pounds.
    My husband is going to start the diet with me in two weeks time (he wants to read the book too - otherwise we'd start right away).
    He's the sort who never gains weight, but figured he needed to begin paying attention to how he eats.
    We're both excited, and it is great to read all of your success stories.

Candyce

CW: 175
    GW: 115
  • Candyce, welcome to the Beach! How wonderful that your husband is going to do "the diet" with you!
  • Welcome! Its nice to meet you.
  • welcome to the beach!!!
  • Welcome!!!!
  • Welcome. With your husband doing th diet together it will be helpful supporting weach other.

cac
  • Hi, Candyce! Welcome to another bookworm! Sounds like you are setting yourself up for success!
  • Hi, Candyce -- my husband and sister are also on SB -- it sure makes it easier when it's a family project
  • Thanks!
    The more that I read about it (I've also picked up the cookbook now), it seems like a lifestyle change more than a diet. I'm excited and can't wait to begin, so I hope that my husband will read the book quickly! Thanks for the wonderful welcome!
  • Hi Candyce Welcome to the beach.
  • Candyce welcome to the beach!! Yes you are right, this isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle change and oh what a healthy one it is!!
    Michelle