South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #1  

Default Hi all...made it through my camping trip...

I have to say I did pretty darn good, where SB is concerned! The only really bad thing I had was one bite of my son's b-day cake...and a couple of fingers full of frosting too I ate all the foods I planned on, and I have to say I ate better than everyone else!

A total bonus to the weekend was that it was the first time many of DH's family recognized I have lost weight and everone spent the weekend telling me how wonderful I look How great is three days of compliments!!!!

We're going back for the week of the fourth, that might be a little trickier!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:52 AM   #2  

welcome back!!! great job on sticking to the plan. it sure is nice to get the compliments, what a motivator to stay op that must of been. great job!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good going! See! We can have "normal" lives on South Beach! Welcome back.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:13 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Welcome back!!!!

Aren't compliments the best?
Old 06-03-2004, 11:43 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Great job on the camping trick. Got to love compliments they help you stay on track. Do lots of planning for the next trip and you will be fine.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #6  
I found my hipbones!

What did you eat while camping, Imzadi? My husband and I will be going camping in mid-July, and I'm afraid I'll want to go hog-wild with hot dogs and chips and fried fish... Convenience camping food, ya know? How did you get around that?
Old 06-04-2004, 10:59 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good going, Imzadi! Way to stay on plan!

How exciting it must have been to have all those compliments! Two people have noticed my weight loss without even knowing I was on a diet (I haven't told anyone at work that I am dieting but my officemates) and it made my week!

Yes, please do share your menus with us for those of us who may have a camping trip in the future!
Old 06-06-2004, 08:43 AM   #8  

Default Here's what I ate...

I'm on phase 2 BTW. I brought a little cooler with all my food, I made sure not to bring more than needed so I didn't gorge! I put my PB, jelly, and smart balance in little glad ware containers, I froze my meat in individual bags, so they thawed and stayed cold in the cooler for the ride.

Breakfasts...whole wheat toast with peanut butter and SF jelly, scrambled eggs and bacon (only 1x), I also brought some Carnation low sugar instant breakfast, but I don't think I used it!

Lunch...seafood salad on WW tortilla, chicken salad on WW tortilla, soup w/WW crackers (it was really cold so I made a run to the store for soup, I was surprised how unhealthy and high in carbs and sugars canned soups are! I found a cream of broccoli in the deli section that was reasonable), grilled cheese made with WW bread, LF American and Smart balance (yummy)

Dinner...I brought chicken breasts, steak, precut veggies, I added a little salsa monteray jack cheese on my broccoli one night (very good), spaghetti squash, cole slaw, cucumbers, tomatoes. I just had meat and veggies for dinner, but the combos were very satisfying. It may seem boring but I made sure to have good seasonings for the meat and grilled them so the meals were actually very satisfying! Like I said, everyone else was eating burgers and hotdogs but I had really good food!

Snacks...pistachios, SF jello, yogurt, cheese. The pistachios were perfect for the campfire, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. Oh yeah the best snack was wine I enjoyed a glass (or maybe two ) every night!

The key for me was planning. If I didn't bring my own food I would have, obviously, had fewer healthy choices. Plus, I hate grocery shopping while were away, so the less we have to buy there the better.

Good luck to everone on their vacations!
Old 06-06-2004, 11:18 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Imzadi, welcome back! You did SO well!! It's all about being organized, and that you are!!
Old 06-06-2004, 12:16 PM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Thanks for the ideas...

As soon as I get home from Nashville, I have 3 days off and then I head up to girls camp for our youth group from church. I'm an assistant camp leader and I've been stressing out how to take food. I'll be cooking dutch oven stuff for the entire 3 days. I really like cooking like that, but there won't be too many OP things I fix. Sounds like I'll be doing my own thing.

congrats on the discipline.
Closed Thread