South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 08:54 AM   #1  

Default Food Boredom

I'm really getting bored with my food choices. It seems I eat the same things all the time. I'm at a loss when it comes to what's for dinner anymore. Help!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Have you taken a look in the recipe section here? There are lots of good ideas...
Old 05-26-2004, 10:23 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

TNEnglein, have you gotten the SBD cookbook yet? I got it for very little at Wal*Mart and it has a lot of great recipes for each phase!

Also, I have been a subscriber to Cooking Light for many, many years. I just went through the last two issues and there are a lot of good Phase 2 recipes and even a couple that are Phase 1 or could be modified to be that. It takes a little work to get them right, but not much. Try picking up a copy!

Try doing a search on www.dogpile.com or www.google.com for "south beach diet" and recipes. You'll find a wealth of ideas out there!

Good luck!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:55 PM   #4  

I use a lot of seasonings to vary meat dishes. My favs atm are morrocan and piri piri. It pays to eat a variety of vegies as well.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:06 PM   #5  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

TNEglein, the others gave you great ideas. For me, I am not so creative nor am I a really good cook so I stick to my staples, which can become boring. I try to mix it up as well with what I have. For instance, everday I won't eat breakfast foods for breakfast etc. Have your tried Spaghetti squash? That is pretty good for a change of pace. Good luck!!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:35 AM   #6  

Default I have often gotten bored as well...

so I know what you mean. I do like to cook so what I do when I get bored is go to a different grocery store one that is bigger, or a specialty store like Trader Joes. I usually find something new or different that inspires me.

Good Luck getting out of the rut!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:29 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I can't help you much I am a boring person. I tend to do the same thing week after week. Although I do love to cook I am a very fussy eater. But do check out the recipie section it will help. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:38 PM   #8  
RNMOM

Default My daughter had the same complaint...

She emailed me today and said that she was about to gag on lettuce. I gave her a few suggestions. I remember feeling that way the first couple of weeks. I got sick of lettuce. Now it's my favorite. My salads are "everything but the sink" salads and I look forward to them.

For dinner the other day I was too lazy to fix something for me so I had a bowl of 7 grain oatmeal with huckleberries in it. It really hit the spot. Variety is the key.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:11 PM   #9  

Smile Bordom

I am finding luch time boring,sick of salads,I was on W/W for 18months before SB,(SB since March)so continued on with the salads,now winter is here I would rather warming lunches,I don't eat bread as it one of my downfalls,so I just don't have it in the house.any suggestions with out spending a lot of time cooking.
San
Old 05-31-2004, 09:36 AM   #10  
I can do this!

San, I find that leftovers from last night's dinner can make an easy, warm, and OP lunch which is different from salad! I have enjoyed making a tuna salad (tuna plus light mayo with a little real mayo, pickles...but you can add celery, tomatoes, cucumber, whatever strikes your fancy) and eating it will iceberg lettuce and tomato wedges. Also, chicken salad with cooked chicken, mayo, toasted almonds, green onion, and celery, along with Lawry's seasoning salt and garlic powder. I had a cashew chicken salad yesterday at a restaurant for lunch. They use a light herbal mayo to hold it together and it was delicious!

What about a lite italian sausage (turkey based?) with grilled/sauteed peppers and onions and lots of mustard? You don't need the bun...that can be just as good without it!

Hope this helps...food boredom has to be the number one sidetrack on this WOE. I get stuck in a rut sometimes, but find that looking through Cooking Light helps, or thinking about what I would love to eat, then modifying it to be OP helps.

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2004, 04:10 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauthala
I am finding luch time boring,sick of salads,I was on W/W for 18months before SB,(SB since March)so continued on with the salads,now winter is here I would rather warming lunches,I don't eat bread as it one of my downfalls,so I just don't have it in the house.any suggestions with out spending a lot of time cooking.
San
I am finding the same problem now that the weather is cooling down. Yesterday I made a vegetarian chilli and the other day I cooked up a chicken and vegie dish but it means cooking 2-3 times a day. I double up though and make enough for two meals.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:08 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Winter? Are you guys in Australia?

How about crock pot meals? You can do all your work on dinner for tonight and tomorrow night at the same time! Put the crock pot insert in the fridge overnight, pop it in the unit in the morning and turn it on, and dinner is ready when you get home! Very easy!
Old 06-02-2004, 05:32 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Winter? Are you guys in Australia?

How about crock pot meals? You can do all your work on dinner for tonight and tomorrow night at the same time! Put the crock pot insert in the fridge overnight, pop it in the unit in the morning and turn it on, and dinner is ready when you get home! Very easy!
New Zealand, but so far a mild winter so I am alternating salads with hot food for lunch. I don't have a slow cooker but thinking it is time I got one.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:50 AM   #14  

Smile

Beachgal,
Yes I 'm in OZ.The salads I make are all salad vegs chopped up,some nofat balsamic dressing,and add protein usually either salmon,chicken,silverside,borrrrrrrring.So lunch today I heated up leftover silverside and had steamed vegs with a spoon of LF,sour cream,I guess I will be having the same for dinner again.I am a very exciting person.ha ha.
San,
Closed Thread