South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 05:30 PM   #1  

Smile Newbie here!

Hi everyone, I'm so glad to have found this place

My name is Barbie, and I'm a 28-year-old SAHM to two boys - Ashton, 2 1/2 and Camden, 4 months. My husband Eric and I have been married for 8 years, and we'll celebrate our 13th year together this summer.

I've been overweight most of my life, but I really "blossomed" during the second half of high school. I'm currently 243 at 5'6 and I'm really afraid for my health at this point. I've been on just about every diet out there, and recently my inlaws told us that they started the South Beach program. I had bought the Good Carbs, Good Fats guide months ago, but it had seemed too limiting at the time so it went on the bookshelf to collect dust

When my mother-in-law told me that she was down 11 pounds and her husband was down 17 in their first 11 days I decided with gusto to pull that book off the shelf and rethink things, and I'm so glad I did! I'm on my third day of Phase 1, and although I'm still having cravings, I do feel like I can do this.

Anyhow, that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know some of you and being able to come here for support in the upcoming weeks!

-Barbie
Old 05-19-2004, 05:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Barbie.
This is a great place to learn about the SBD. And tons of support

Monica
Old 05-19-2004, 06:25 PM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Sending a big ol welcome your way I am sure you will love the support they offer here
Old 05-19-2004, 08:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, Barbie! You CAN do this, it's not really a diet, it's a better, healthier way of eating for the rest of your life. Most of your cravings for unhealthy foods will gradually disappear, and the longer you follow this plan, the better you'll feel. You will also discover that you will no longer enjoy the taste of processed foods. Good luck!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Barbie, it's great having you here. To life!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #6  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Well I am new here too. I have not officially started but I got on the scale tonight and I am down 5 pounds. Maybe its a fluke? I usually weigh in the morning after I pump. I weighed tonight before pumping for two hours. So keep your fingers crossed.
Closed Thread