South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #1  

Smile New to Website & South Beach Diet!!

Hi Everyone! I'm new to both this website as well as the South Beach Diet! I'm most probably going to start the diet this weekend because I have a lot of reading and buying to do to get started. Mostly everyone at my office is on this diet and losing weight like crazy. I want to know if excercise is a crucial part of this diet. I'm sure excercising helps with the weight loss, but it's tough to fit in sometimes. I'm really just looking for support to shed the weight I want to lose!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:50 PM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Welcome netsfan
I am sure you will do just great on this plan...especially if you have all that motivation around you at work I am on day 3 of phase one and have lost a pound a day so far...it hasnt been easy but everyday gets better as I am starting to feel better and have not been hungry...you can eat so it makes it alot easier! Good luck and I know you will find support from these boards as well...I have been on here for years and love this site ..... Have a great night!
Old 05-19-2004, 12:38 AM   #3  

I'm on day 5 and I have lost 3 pounds. I feel the fat coming off =) I haven't exercised yet. I need to though.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:28 AM   #4  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome to South Beach! With everyone doing it at work, you will have one less place to be tempted! I think that's great. I think I am going to add in exercise during Phase 2. Which for me is in other week. Exercise will really help you along and keep you toned, which is really important in my book. Exercise can be tough to fit into busy schedules but if you make little changes everyday, it all adds up. Good luck!!
Old 05-19-2004, 05:55 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to 3FC and to The Beach! Be sure to read the Recipes and FAQ sections for ideas and more support.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:55 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Netsfan!
Steph is right... a little exercise will help to tone you, and you'll burn a few extra calories.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach. Yes you should exercise. I really should take my own advice. I am a hit and miss kinda girl.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:47 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I hear ya little chick!

Welcome to the beach and yes, I concur, you should excerise as much as you can. Even if it's some sit-ups or a walk after work!

I should too take my own advice. Although I walk 1 miles from work everyday, I've only been getting to the gym 2-3 times a week, and that's on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I could probably use it during the week too!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #9  

Well it's day 2 of the beach and yes, life's a beach! It's been a tough two days especially because I'm prone to headaches on a daily basis nevermind while dieting! I've pretty much stuck to the diet but have yet to get some excercise incorporated into my day or night! I haven't eaten the afternoon snack and haven't had salad with dinner so that may account for me being a little hungry! Hopefully after tomorrow, the headaches will subside! I guess my body is going through a kind of fattening food detox! I have to weigh myself tonight, too, being I haven't yet! Wish me luck!!!

Christian - I love your quote - "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" I have to keep reminding myself that during the day, especially because I've tasted thin!

Last edited by netsfan; 05-26-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:18 PM   #10  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

I had some headaches as well the first day or two but they do go away. Do you know why you get constant headaches anyways?

I am getting my eating down pat before I start exercise since this is new to me. So I am going to start Thursday when my phase one is over.

I would advise on weighing yourself in the morning if you can since it is more your true weight...not all the water and food in your system
Old 05-26-2004, 05:27 PM   #11  

Thanks for the help, ozziesgirl! I've always gotten headaches/migraines and a lot of it has to do with the work I do and always using a computer. I know these are headaches from no sugar, though, as opposed to my usual headaches. I was thinking of having a small piece of fruit to maybe lessen the headaches, but I didn't want to add anything not on the Phase I plan!

True about weighing myself in the morning - maybe that will make me like the scale a little bit more! I certainly do drink a lot of water so that's probably accounting for a pound or two - wish I could say or 25!!
Closed Thread