Slender Pies?

• Hi, all!

I went grocery shopping last night and found, for the second week, that our store is out of SF Fudgsicles. In desperation, I searched the freezer case for something SF with chocolate in it. I located Eskimo Pie's "Slender Pies", which are "No Sugar Added". They have four grams of sugar. Info on them is here: http://www.eskimopie.com/brands/eski...laslender.html

They have 120 cal a piece, so my DH and I split one last night for dessert. It was so good! Do you think these are a bad call? They do have some partially hydrogenated oil in them and some corn flour. Hmmm....frankenfood, I guess.

I would love to hear what you guys think!
  • I just read the ingredients! Definitely frankenfood but don't let me stop you. The sugar alcohols could be a problem.
    I'll go back under my rock now.
  • Ruth, no hiding under a rock! I totally respect your opinion!

Would it be better to save them for a once in a while treat? Or to just eat real fat ice cream when I am dying for some? Hmmm....

I used to eat ice cream every single night. I definitely miss it. But I also know it was *not* healthy.

Thanks for giving me a real opinion...and stay out from under that rock!
  • Some brands of ice cream are actually lower in fat and sugar than yogurt (which is allowed). I would wait until you have finished phase one before starting on this. Two weeks in not that long and it will really help your sugar cravings if you hold out for two weeks. I often have a small scoop of low fat icecream with weight watchers jelly/jello for desert. Before I started SB Diet I couldn't have left a tub of icecream in the freezer for long but now I am over it and don't think about it until I am trying to decide what to have for desert. Tip - the cheaper brands are lower in fat and sugar as a cost cutting exercise (I learned this on a tour of an ice cream factory) but this makes them good for SB Diet.