South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 06:52 PM   #1  
RNMOM

Unhappy Way discouraged............

I've been really good all week, I think I've broken my addiction to sugar and stuff. I'm a pound heavier this week than last! I'm not sure why I'm at such a stall. Anyway, I'm not giving up, but I'm discouraged.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

RNMom, don't give up, sweetie. You're so close to your goal, and it's going to be a little harder to lose that last 15 pounds. Stay on track, and the weight will slowly keep coming off.
I can't remember where you're at. Have you thought about going back to Phase I for a week or so?
Old 05-09-2004, 07:03 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

RNMOM, hang in there baby! You can do this!! Maybe your system needs a little jolt to kick start it again. Are you able to up the amount of exercise you get? Or like Ellis said, maybe go back to Phase I for a week or so.

(((hugs))) Mamacita
Old 05-09-2004, 07:16 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Keep up the good work you are almost there. I think the girls are right. Try phase one again for a week. Take care.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:08 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

hang in there~sometimes our bodies are funny like that!
Old 05-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #6  
RNMOM

Default Thanks

I have upped the exercise. I walk two miles, jog two miles and do weights 4 times a week. I tried going to back to phase 1 last week and was good for3 days. I blew it on an apple................

I'm not giving up, but I just want to see the scales move!!!!!
Old 05-09-2004, 08:33 PM   #7  

Last time I needed to lose a lotta weight, I was dieting and exercising, and got stuck at 144 pounds for eighteen years! (Well, it felt like that long, but it was really for three or four weeks.) The folks at the gym said to pay attention to inches and energy level. I noticed that my body was getting firmer (as opposed to thinner), and finally, the scales began to move again. Sometimes ya just gotta wait 'em out
Old 05-09-2004, 09:59 PM   #8  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Good point Natter. I think we all stall at some point, especially as we workout more and gain more muscle, it may seem like we are not losing. Try to focus on the inches more RNMOM and hang in there!
Old 05-09-2004, 11:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I was gonna say that you coulda built a little muscle mass and we all know it weighs more than fat! Don't worry hun it will come off We're here for you!
Michelle
Old 05-09-2004, 11:45 PM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

RNMOM!

Ok My Opinion HOPE THIS HELPS

I believe that sometimes our bodies retain the weight for a week or two and then you have a awesome weigh in!

I know that there has been weeks I have done awesome and seen a small loss but the next week I saw a BIG loss!

You are doing awesome! Just wait for your body to realize that you are not giving up!!!!!

TAKE CARE
Old 05-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

RNMOM, don't give up! You have done so very, very well! Look how far you have come!!! Keep it up and do not look back. If nothing else, you know you are healthier and happier, so keep it up for another week and see where you are. I know how upsetting that scale can be, so supplement it's information with info on how your clothes are fitting, how your measurements are, and most importantly, how you FEEL!

Sounds like you are exercising a ton, which is very impressive. This could easily be muscle mass. Just keep doing what you are doing, and if necessary, hit Phase 1 for a little bit.

We're all cheering you on!
Old 05-10-2004, 05:36 PM   #12  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Uh...yeah... what they said! I'm a little late on this RNMOM but I remember you being one of the most encouraging people on this forum when I started! Hang in there! You ARE so close. I know you aren't going to give up but lift that chin a little higher while you're at it!
Old 05-10-2004, 05:42 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Default A little patience

Patience isn't something I don't think that any of us are good at, but it finally paid off at the scales today. The little stall finally moved! About time! I know that for most of us when it comes to weight....."I WANT IT OFF FAST AND RIGHT NOW!!!" I knew I was doing the right stuff, I also know I should focus so much on the scales, but the numbers are so important to me. I don't see myself getting leaner. I didn't see myself getting fatter. I just saw me. The only change that I seem to comprehend is numbers. Anyway, thanks for all the support, ideas and encouragement!
Closed Thread