South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Cool cauli-yucky-flower skeptic

I am sure someone posted about totally hating cauliflower and totally not believing in those "suprise" mashed potatoes...

But I need to post about this.

I tried to make them on Wednesday. I got lazy and didn't want to try to find my blender/food processor attachment so I just kinda mashed the cauliflower by hand.

bad idea!

It tasted like cauliflower and was gross.

So I put the soppy mess in the fridge. I took it out today, steamed the rest of the head, got my lazy *** to take the attchements out, added just regular skim milk and the "butter" and Oh My GOODNESS!!!!

De-lish!

Is it because potatoes really have no flavor without the skin and neither does cauliflower, especially whne mashed to that point??? All I tasted was potato and butter.

YUM!

Clean-up will be a mess, but I made it with lodon broil and steamed broccoli.

I am in food coma heaven!
Old 05-09-2004, 08:41 PM   #2  

Isn't it incredible??? My whole family is nuts about mashed cauliflower!
Old 05-09-2004, 08:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

For real? I can hardly believe it can be good!?!
Old 05-09-2004, 11:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I love the mashed cauliflower and often like you jenne I hate getting out any extra mess makers so I just use a fork, but I love plain cauliflower too so it doesnt really bother me so I just steam it til its really limp then mash it with a fork and spray it with I can't believe its not butter spray. mmmmmm
Michelle
Old 05-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #5  

Tiger, it is THAT good. I loathe the stuff usually. But this is good, especially when you get the consistancy right. I was thinking about making some and bringing it home for people to try when I go back to visit my friends and family in NY for Memorial Day!

I'll be seeing them for the first time in 5 months...I am a weeeeee bit nervous!
Old 05-10-2004, 09:35 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, all!

I must admit, being a previous cauliflower hater, that I was pretty impressed with the mashed cauliflower. However, it definitely does not taste like potatoes to me. I only ate a little, when I usually eat two huge, heaping portions of potatoes. But it is not bad. It does not act like a potato substitute to me, but is more like another veggie.

However, I have not tried someone's suggestion to put 1/3 less fat cream cheese in when blending. I think I might try that this week and see.

Jenn, where in NY is your family? I'm upstate.

Last edited by beachgal; 05-10-2004 at 09:37 AM. Reason: mispell
Old 05-10-2004, 12:37 PM   #7  

I went to college upstate! Well, in central New York really. Family is in the city -- Staten Island. Aunt is in Albany.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:19 PM   #8  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

My dh-to-be was totally grossed out by the mashed cauliflower recipe so I just made them for myself. I've always like cauliflower and he's always disliked it. So, when I sat down to MY helping of it he just HAD to try it and I can't believe he loved it! We have it all the time.

Jenn - we love to have it with London Broil and broccolli also! So how much weight have you lost since the last time you saw your family? I'm sure they will be very proud of you. Good luck!
Old 05-10-2004, 06:54 PM   #9  

I have to look back to see but I think I've lost 20 lbs or so. Hopefully they won't recognize me I'm still nervous though. I don't know why, but I am.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:45 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jenn, I bet they will be totally stunned by your gorgeous new look, and more importantly, by your health and self control!

What school were you at? I work at a school in Central New York, and we are in a consortium with twelve other colleges and universities! We have a senior here who is a great guy--he's from Staten Island and boy does he have an accent and a half! Do you have an accent?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #11  

beachgal -- that's one of the two things -- I don't feel gorgeous. I still feel fat. And also, that is, if I maintain self control while home. I went to CVS just now to get flavored water as a "treat" and almost lost it. But I didn't.

I went to a SUNY -- if it's what you mean by consortium SUNY Cortland to be precise. Do you know of it? I've been living in Northern VA and working in DC for 6 years now but the accent comes back any time I talk to anyone from New York!
Closed Thread