3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   excerise (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/40385-excerise.html)

jenne1017 05-08-2004 12:34 PM

excerise

My body=weird

See, I like going to the gym enough, once I actually get there. But see, I don't lose weight when I go. One month, I went 16 times. I gained 10 lbs. It may have been because I ate what I wanted, figuring I as gymming it and all. But I doubt I ate that badly. Anyway, I didn't go for a week and I lost that plus 5.

I've been on SB now for 5 days. I've lost 6 lbs [just about]. I don't want to go to the gym today out of fear that I will gain and ruin this losing streak. I've been walking more all week. Maybe I shouldn't do any weights? Although, I like the muscle definition that was starting to develop.

Am I just being ridiculous????

pikapuffie 05-08-2004 01:26 PM

Well the thing is muscle weighs more than fat which probably accounts for the weight loss. When you gained the 10 lbs did your clothing get tighter? Cause if not than it was a good thing since muscle burns more energy and your metabolism is higher. However, you have to remember that you cannot eat whatever you want cause you go to the gym. I used to do that and wonder why I didn't lose any weight. All you do is burn off the extra stuff you eat. I think you should really go to the gym again but still stick to SBD. I'm sure you'll see results. That's what i'm hoping for myself! :)

jenne1017 05-08-2004 02:31 PM

Thanks Pika--I am heading to change now!

pikapuffie 05-08-2004 02:40 PM

oops i meant to write thats probably what accounted for your weight gain not weight loss! lol. anyways i just saw your amazing timeline pics. thats amazing! how did you do it? have you been on SBD the whole time? way to go!! :)

i'm gonna go change too. gotta hit the gym myself. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenne1017
Thanks Pika--I am heading to change now!

ellis 05-08-2004 04:07 PM

Pika is so right, Jenne. :) Good for you for getting to the gym. :hat:
As long as you're not weight training too hard so that you're beefing up, I'd keep doing it. I've been doing about six days a week at the gym for the last six or seven weeks. I'm alternating days with cardio and weights. I'm not on SB at the moment, and I haven't lost a pound, but I know that under all this fat is a good layer of muscle that's eventually going to emerge when my weight starts to drop.

jenne1017 05-08-2004 05:56 PM

Ellis - great job with the gym!

My problem is that I don't know if I AM overdoing it. Meaning, I have a routine I do almost every day. It may be too much and making me bulk, but I don't know what I SHOULD be doing then, you know?

Pika-no, I started SB on Monday [and am at -6!!!]. I started last March. I stopped eating junk. I tried to stop binging and if I did binge, I chose different things to binge with. Frozen yogurt v. ice cream. Wow chips v. regualr potato chips. Atkins chocolate v. regular. I learned what a portion size was and stuck to that. I ate breakfast, which I never did. For lunch I ate a lean cuisine and a HUGE salad to stuff me. I snacked on pretzels and popcorn. I made little changes. Then, in July of last year, I joined a gym. I don't go regularly, and never really have, but it made a difference.

By March 2004, I lost 40 lbs. On that alone. I've been bouncing back and fourth between 211 and 207 for 3 months now [even with going to the gym 2-3x a week] and decided to try SB. My coworker, a male, lost 30 lbs in 2.5 months. I read the book and it made sense. So here I am trying it.

and I MUST say, I love it!

ellis 05-08-2004 06:06 PM

Jenne, I can give you my workout routine if you like. My trainer is increasing my weights as I get stronger, but he knows that my objective is not to become muscle bound. He's a runner, a vegetarian, teaches yoga, etc, and is slight, but muscular.
I LOVE looking at your photos! You're very inspiring!

jenne1017 05-08-2004 06:16 PM

LOL thanks ellis - I guess I still can't believe I was that heavy. In 2 pounds, I'll be at -50 and in 3 pounds, in ONEDERLAND!

This is what I do, 2-3 times a week:

30 minutes on the precor (I used to do the weight loss routine at 8 resistance, then 12, but today I did 15]
3 reps of 12 on seated row, 75 lbs.
3 reps of 12 on butterfly machine, both ways at 45 lbs.
3 reps of 12 on calf extensions, 135 lbs.
2 reps of 12 on seated leg extension, 135 lbs.
2 reps of 12 on lower back extension, 100 lbs.
and sometimes I alternate back with other arm/shoulder machines

I also walk around the track, at least 8 times in between.

I feel like I am doing nothing though if I go lower in weights. I don't know what to do and I can't afford a trainer.

Kathrynn 05-08-2004 07:51 PM

Jenne - You know about me and exercise...working out with Trainer Boy twice a week since January. And I didn't lose one pound the entire time! However, I went down a size and feel incredible.

I finally started losing weight once I started this diet.

I'll be at the gym tomorrow and three times this week. Cyber join me, will you?

jenne1017 05-08-2004 08:08 PM

Kathrynn=MY FRIEND KATHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crapoli!

I didn't even realize.

What time do you go tomorrow?

Kathrynn 05-08-2004 10:32 PM

Silly Chicksa! I'm not sure what time we're heading over. Just know we're heading over in the late afternoon or early evening. I'll let you know how it went. How about you let me know how you do?

jenne1017 05-09-2004 11:09 AM

I am soooo not wanting to go today. I have to finish laundry and clean the apartment. But for now, I just want to veg!

Motivation -- where are you???????????

jenne1017 05-09-2004 07:07 PM

Kathy -- I don't know what you did but I got dressed and went to the gym ...

And totally kicked some major @ss!!!!

Thanks for the motivation - stick with me through the week? I want to go at least once more -- I play kickball tomorrow night so hopefully I can move a bit with that and count it towards 4x a week.