3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   It's The Weekend! May 8 and 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/40373-its-weekend-may-8-9-a.html)

Ruthxxx 05-08-2004 07:24 AM

It's The Weekend! May 8 and 9

And it's also Mother's Day so be nice to yourself this weekend!

I'm off to work in the Greenhouse and it will be a zoo! People with big orders will be picking them up today to get their 20% discount and little kids (and men) will be wandering around trying to decide what to get for Mum! Everything will be lush and gorgeous! I love it!

Tomorrow we have a Parish Service at out Church. Timing is perfect as our thousands of bulbs will be in bloom. I hope the weather holds.

What's happening with you chickies?

ellis 05-08-2004 07:53 AM

Have a good time at the Greenhouse, Ruthie! :grouphug:

I'm going to the gym this morning. ho hum.
Sunday we're all having breakfast at my sister's house. I bought my Mom this cool herb chopper/thingy at Domus (kitchen store). It's a sort of concave wooden board with a rounded chopper. Mom has a huge garden, and she's always running out to grab herbs for her virtually inedible British fare. :rofl:

Have a wonderful day, all! :wave:

smartypants 05-08-2004 11:07 AM

Oh I'm jealous, I loooove plants. I swear I'd live in a jungle if I could keep up wiht all the watering!

Hmmm...I suppose I should work out today too. I've been doing lousy in that department since I came back from Florida last weekend.

I need to take the new dog to the pet store before she tears up all the cats toys!

Everyone have a great day!

Lizziepie 05-08-2004 12:20 PM

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms. Hope you haave great weather for whatever celebration you may have.

Today has just been a typical Sat. for me. Cleaning, Shopping and now time for getting lunch.

Ruth: Your greenhouse work sounds like fun. I think I could get into that.

Hope all you Chicks keep up with your exercise. Curves is a great motivator. Lizzie

little chick 05-08-2004 08:47 PM

:hat: Happy Mothers Day dear chickies. Hope everyone has a great day. I will be having my mom and sister and brother and their families over for a b-que. Anyway must go dd just called and needs to be picked up. Check in again later.

little chick 05-09-2004 07:31 AM

Good morning again. I had to go get my DD last night and then she took over the puter. So since it is early and no one else is up I get the puter to myself for a change. :lol: Anyway I just want to let the ones of you who were interested in my wee dancers dress rehersal was a blast. The 3 year olds did great. The 4 year olds did ok and the 5 year olds bombed. They missed music ques went in wrong directions and totally looked like they learned nothing this year. Hopefully they are right when they say bad dress rehersal equals a great show. Then during our mini finnalie two of my 4 year olds started agruing if you can imagine about hair and how they "I DO TOO BRUSH MY HAIR"
it was a real blast. Well I will let you know how the rest of it goes. Two more weeks to the show. Atleast I have one more dance class next sat to try to get the 5 year olds to try to do it right. Well chickies have a great MOTHERS DAY.

Mamacita 05-09-2004 08:03 AM

Good morning everyone and Happy Mother's Day.

Ellis...that concave wooden board and curved chopper thingie is called a Mezzaluna...Italian for "half moon"...handy gadget. I loved mine...before I accidentally dropped the board and it broke in half. Boo hoo... :stress: But I still use the knife on my regular cutting board so all is not lost.

I think dh and dd are planning on taking me to dinner somewhere...but the afternoon is mine....I'm going to play with wool and dye today. :D

Have a wonderful day, chickies~~

Mamacita

Ruthxxx 05-09-2004 08:19 AM

Mezzaluna.....wonder where mine is. We bought one in a small market in Calabria a few years ago, It was really handy once I got the hang of it.

I had a great day in the Greenhouse yesterday except it was damned cold! We had frost in the morning! Lots of Mothers will be happy today with the gorgeous plants we sold.

Today we have a Parish Service at 10 for all three congregations. I have to pick myself some white violets to wear as it's Mother's Day. Some of us have revived the old custom of wearing a flower on this day - white if our mothers are dead and red if they are still alive.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm off for a luxurious bath before Church.

ellis 05-09-2004 12:44 PM

Happy Mother's Day, dear girls!! :wave:

Little Chick, you are a bundle of energy. :lol: Those little loves must be so sweet in their costumes.

Marmacita, I've told my Mom to be very careful NOT to drop her board. :D Thank you for the tip. She was delighted with it.

Ruthie, it's WARM out there now! A beautiful day!
Hey, didja get my phone message? Obviously I'm still subconciously feeling guilty for not calling you on your birthday. :lol3: :rofl:

Lizziepie 05-09-2004 10:25 PM

Hi all; It has been a good day.
Ruth: We always used to do the white flower thing. I'd sort of forgotten about it. We are enjoying our new Pastor. He is so 'laid back' and just a great speaker.

Mamcita: Do you grow and card and do all the rest with your own wool? sounds interesting. Hope you had a good afternoon.

Hello to everyone in Beach land. Lizzie

beachgal 05-10-2004 11:44 AM

Congrats on the new dog, Smartypants! What kind of dog is it?

Ruth, the greenhouse sounds wonderful! I had never heard of the custom with the flowers, but it sounds like a great idea. Our priest did a wonderful sermon and all the moms were given carnations.

Mamacita, I am so impressed that you work with your own wool! My neighbor has really gotten into knitting in the past year. She gets wool from a friend in Pennsylvania and spins it herself. I do not think she does the dying, though. What do you usually make with your wool?

Little Chick, I have personally found that maxim to be true...a bad dress rehearsal makes for a perfect performance! Have you ever heard the song, "Another Opening, Another Show!"? There's a section that goes: "Four weeks, you rehearse and rehearse.
Three weeks and it couldn't be worse. One week, will it ever be right? Then out of the hat, it's that big first night!"

I bet, on that big first night, things will be great! And you know their parents will love it no matter what they do! :)