South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 06:32 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Smile TGIF!! Beach Chat.

Good morning, Chicklets~~

I'm so glad it's the weekend, even though it seems like just yesterday that I was on my way to Maryland.

I am in serious need of groceries...there is NOTHING in the house to eat besides eggs. Don't get me wrong, I am a devoted egg fan, but some salad would be most welcome!

Other than that, not a whole lot going on...

You all have a great day on the beach.

Mamacita
Old 05-07-2004, 07:13 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Mamacita, and the rest of you chickies. I am here early again today. We have no school today so it is going to be a craxy one with all these wee ones and bigger ones running around. And the threat of rain as well. I have been OP so far so good. I did not get to exercise as I had to take my DH up to the next city last night as a good friends father passed away. I have to go back and get him sat after the service. I could not go as I had all the kids today and my babies have their dress rehersal on the stage on sat morning and it could not be rearranged. Well chicks I really have to run as I have more rolling in the door please pray for sunshine. Ellis how did you sister make out yesterday? Take care and have a great day.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Mamacita! I've got a ton of salad and no eggs. Let's trade.

I've got to get to the gym this morning. All I really want to do is make a big pot of coffee and clean my house. Okay, I don't WANT to clean my house, but I'm in the mood to do it.

So... who watched "Friends" last night? I don't watch TV, so I'd never seen it before, but I decided to watch the last episode. Seemed rather disappointing. I suppose there were millions of people across North America bawling their eyes out.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:25 AM   #4  

Hi Little Chick! We posted together. What a busy day you're having!
I wrote in the other thread that my sister is FINE! Just swollen lymph nodes. Thank you so much, sweetie. Thank you to everyone!
Old 05-07-2004, 07:30 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Little Chick and Ellis, just stopping back in for a few before I run off to the lab.

Little Chick, running around after all those wee ones of yours, I can't imagine you having any kind of weight issue at all! Will keep fingers and toes crossed for fine weather today and this weekend for you.

Ellis, didn't watch Friends last night, as I'm right in the middle of Season 4 on DVD... Don't want to spoil things. Keep us posted on your sister. I've been keeping good thoughts for her.

Okay, I'm outta here~~

Mamacita
Old 05-07-2004, 07:47 AM   #6  

Good Morning Beach Babes.....
I am new here and this strand looked like a good place to say hello. I have been on the beach before for a short time with very good success. Unfortunatley, this time, I am having a difficult time getting past the evening muchie time....jello is made, ricotta is in the fridge, can not even consider haveing the nuts as I can not limit myself.... However, I am here and going to cling to all of the support that I see at this site. Today is a new day, right?
Oh, and my daughter is a devoted Friends viewer and was a little disappointed with the finale too.

Have a super day,

Deb....finding her way on the beach!
Old 05-07-2004, 08:08 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Debcb. It sounds to me as if you have a plan for the evening munchies.

Mamacita, I thought of you the other day when H. had his blood drawn! Darlene is NOT good at it but H. was very brave.

Ellis, I am sure you are in a state of extreme relief today now that your sister's problem is resolved. I bet it was black flies.

Little Chick, you sound so very busy with all your wee charges. I bet the rehearsal Saturday morning will be priceless! I'd love to be there.

Gorgeous day here today although we had rain last night again. Sarah and I spent all morning yesterday digging up plants and potting them for the Church Yard/Plant/Bake Sale on the 22nd. Usually I am out there at 5 AM on the day of the sale frantically digging up stuff!

My afternoon "off" ended up at the Chinese buffet with Karen, a fellow actress from TVM. She's a skinny runt but managed four trips to the buffet table - and it wasn't for veggies! If she dies before me, she is leaving me her metabolism! For once, the scale is NOT up three pounds after Chinese food so I must have been "good" or does that mean I'm DOWN three? Right!

Yesterday I bought five rose bushes to plant in front of the house. They will need winter protection in this area but I'm willing to do almost anything for real roses. Today Sarah and I will start preparing the bed. Does anyone have any manure handy? I guess a trip to the next town will be in order.

Have a wonderful TGIF! and a big to folks coming in later.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:08 AM   #8  

Good morning, Deb! Welcome to the Beach!
You're like Ruth and I. Been here before, had success, and can't get it together the second time around.
sorry to let the cat out of the bag, Ruthie.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:12 AM   #9  

Ruth, I'll tell my sister to shake out her underwear of blackflies before she puts them on.
I went to two garden centres yesterday, but I couldn't find anything exciting. It's always the same old stuff. Although the one boring thing I DID want wasn't there. Petunias. I know they're boring, but they brighten up the hanging baskets on my verandah. I usually start my own from seed, but have been too lazy the past couple of years.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:13 AM   #10  

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellow beachers. I quit smoking several years ago with the support of an online board, and it looks like this site is great too.
I had better get ready for the frenzy of Friday.

Have a super day everyone,

debcb...wiggling toes in the sand
Old 05-07-2004, 08:58 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, chicks!

Wow, everyone is very busy today! Little Chick, are all the little ones yours or are you taking care of other's kiddos? How many are there? I must admit, in spite of the energy it takes, I would much rather be in your shoes today! One more day in this stressful office is more than I can take this week...and I love being with kids.

Not too much going on today. We're doing another interview for the office, and I have one student appointment. I am hoping to head to Wal*Mart and Sam's club tonight to do some shopping. Like Mamacita, I have a ton of eggs, but little else.

I am also hoping to get a scale that I can weigh on even at this weight. For those of you over 300 lbs (or who were), were you able to find a scale that weighed you?

Ruth, your garden escapades sound amazing! Who is Sarah? I hope to get some more gardening done this weekend, in between working on homework. We had a ferocious storm last night, but thankfully the tulips seem intact.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:22 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi again girls snuck in for another few seconds. Ellis I am so happy for you sister. That must have been so scary. Ruthie I am sure that practice tomorrow will be just that priceless. About 50 3-5 year olds running around on stage in their little costumes. I am getting a wee bit nervous as this is my first big show. This is my first year as a dance teacher. The show is two weeks from today. Both nights. Deb....Welcome to the beach. You will get great support here. I just love these chickls.beachgal I have two girls 13 and 10 the rest are not mine they range from 2-12 years of age. I have been doing this for 11 years. There are days when I would like to be a grown up again but I really think it is just talk. I have lots of kids and 2 employees. One lady that comes in during the day and my oldest daughter who hleps out after school gives her a little spending money. mamacita you would think that I would be a skinny wee thing. I only wish. Hope you have a great day. Well must go get them ready to play outside for a bit. Thank goodness the sun came out. Someone said a prayer for me I guess.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:40 PM   #13  
Running Babe

Hey all,

I am happily trucking along on SBD!

Ruth: Ah, neat about being a former Revenue Person... That's where I work

Cheers!

Ali
Old 05-07-2004, 03:47 PM   #14  
Reeling Reverend

Have a great weekend, ladies! I'm so busy, it's unbelievable...
Ruthie- good luck on the poop hunt.
Closed Thread