South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 12:34 AM   #1  

Smile New to site and diet!

Hello! After reading up on this diet, I finally decided that I am going to try it myself. I just got the book today and tomorrow I plan on actually starting the diet.
Over the past couple years, I gradually began to gain weight around my mid-section. My waist is really big compared to the rest of me. It throws off the rest of my measurements when I try to buy clothes. College didn't help too much either! haha. My goal is to lost 15-20 pounds on this diet and exercise at least 3 times a week! Good luck to everyone on yalls goals!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the beach Daisy and Good luck to you!!

Michelle
Old 05-13-2004, 07:45 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Daisyflower. What a pretty name!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, Daisy!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:19 AM   #5  

Daisyflower, I can relate to the desire to lose stomach fat. You'll love SB -- often that's the first place you lose
Old 05-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #6  

thank you! yall are friendly unlike a lot of boards i've been to!
Old 05-13-2004, 06:42 PM   #7  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Daisyflower, I am new to the beach as well. While my weight is spread all over, most of it does lie in my butt and thighs which makes buying shorts and nice pants pretty much a lost cause. For me it was AFTER college that was the problem. I never gained anything in college probably because I was always on the go. now I have a boyfriend who I live with....have a sit down job....AT NIGHT....and don't exercise or even go out dancing like I used to. It all adds up.

Your goals sound great. What kind of exercise plan do you follow. I do the Walk Away the Pounds tapes but I can't find them in stores here so i am relying on the library but they are awesome.

Good luck with everything!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #8  

good luck to you too! i have a pilates dvd from Crunch. the ab routine is good, the other stuff is ok. that i used to do, but i quit. but now, i am going to go to the school's gym and run 30-minutes on the elliptical. i did that a while back and it helped a lot. and also, get on the ab machine thing, haha. it's where you sit down and do sit-ups by leaning forward, i guess you could say. there is weight attached to it, so it makes your abs work. i normally do like 50 -65 pounds i think, and do 3 sets of 15. after 65 i get stuck and can't make it all the way down! i am tempted to try power 90. my fiance found some of the tapes laying around at his house. the ab routine is really good, the rest i dunno. i was eating fast food a lot because that's all that really was availble besides a vending machine. now i found a little place on campus that serves good salads and sandwiches, so this semester didn't hurt the weight too much. i am in judo also, but for some reason i didn't lose much weight like everyone else did.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:51 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Welcome and good luck!!!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 03:50 PM   #10  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Wow Daisyflower, you do a lot more exercise than I do! I have always wanted to take a martial art but like everything else in life, "I'm waiting until I lose the weight first" ahhhh I have been wanting to try pilates, I am pretty flexible so maybe it won't kill me! How did your day go today? I am a night person so I just awoke a few hours ago. I had 2 hb eggs and mayo so I hope that is ok!

I know it is hard to eat right in university so I wish you all the luck. Sounds like you found a great place! Good luck!!
Old 05-15-2004, 01:41 PM   #11  

Last night, I actually got full from my dinner. I am afraid to snack too much! The good thing about judo is that you can easily hide your weight with the uniform haha. And nobody asks you how much you way unless you compete. For dinner, I had lean ground beef and a little bit of refried beans and then some green beans. This morning I had eggs with a little green onion and a tiny bit of beef. I don't know what I will have for lunch yet. I feel like I am cheating when I eat foods I like , lol. I need some of my decaf tea! That's helping me along cause I LOVE tea! I'm beginning my third day, and I feel the weight coming off already! Not that much I don't think, but some. The bad thing about me is it comes off my sides and never makes it to the front of my tummy.
Closed Thread