South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 11:59 PM   #1  

Default Starting SBD

Hello! I'm 25 years old and I am starting SBD tomorrow (Monday). I've lost quite a bit of weight on Atkins and low cal and have kept it off (~38 pounds). I had a hard time with Atkins because it was so strict and I was eating lots of food that I really did not like and seemed so high in fat. I checked out the SBD book at my local library and found it to be an easy read and seems sensible. I went grocery shopping tonight and I hope I followed the food list.

My ultimate goal is to lose 10-12 pounds and get me to my goal weight. I have been struggling with the last 10 for so long now that I hope this works.

Quick question - I noticed the revised food lists on the SBD FAQ forum. Can I add sugar-free and fat free pudding (using skim milk) to the phase 1 or should I stick to what I read in the book? I don't want to mess up

Thanks and look forward to chatting with you all!
Old 04-19-2004, 08:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, Tonic!
I'd save the pudding for Phase II.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:17 PM   #3  

Yep, pudding in Phase II. Sugar free jello is an option that you can have now. (BTW, I checked out your wedding page. Looks like you've put a lot of work into it!) Good luck to you!! (the diet and the wedding)
Old 04-19-2004, 01:01 PM   #4  

Thanks ellis and kayzan. I will save the pudding for phase II.

Kayzan - Thanks for checking out my wedding web page! Thanks for the luck. I hope to lose 10 pounds before my fitting in June, but if I don't.. I don't. Its good to aim high though!
Old 04-20-2004, 12:15 PM   #5  
Dancing Fool

Default Congratulations!

I went to your website for the wedding and everything looks just great.
Today is day two of the diet, it's not too hard, is it. Be sure to check the allowed food list as well as the menu pages. I found some things, like turnips, on the food list that wasn't included in any of the menus and I also found stir fried cabbage listed on one of the Phase I menus. There wasn't a recipe but I just used my imagination.
Try to vary your foods and the diet isn't boring. I even made hummus for the first time and my husband and I like it with celery. My only dessert on P1 was the Mocha Ricotta, but I found that I liked it made with Low Fat instead of part skim, it is lighter and fluffier.
Enjoy this new way of eating.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:37 PM   #6  

Thanks Mary! The wedding planning has added stress.. but unfortunately that translated into my need for hot fudge SBD should cure that.

I also noticed that the menu plans did not include a lot of the "Phase 1" foods. I was a bit confused by that.. because maybe they had some reason? But I decided that I would be bored on just those meal plans.. so I am trying to add other recipes that include foods from the ok list. I hope I can do this.. today is rough.
Closed Thread