South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 04:33 PM   #1  

Default TSBD Cookbook 14.49 @ Costco

It was released today around the country. I bought the cookbook for 14.49 at Costco. This is the best price I found, Walmart has it for about a buck more, but that is still a big difference from the 25.95 price on the book!!!!
You can buy it online at costco.com or walmart.com but then you will have to add shipping costs!!!

Beachy Keen!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:06 PM   #2  
RNMOM

Question Well,

Now that you have it, what do you think? Is it worth it?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:45 PM   #3  

Default I need all the motivation I can get

There are really not enough phase 1 recipes in there for me but overall the recipes look appetizing....My husband looked at them with enthusiasm, which is a plus...
Because I got such a great price I didn't mind buying it and I like having something in the kitchen to refer to instead of always relying on the computer for my recipes...but I get many ideas from this site, so it is a great suppliment..and certainly inspires me to be more creative with my recipes...

For me it was worth it because I need major guidance...but that's just me. They do break down the Phase's and shopping lists for each in the first section. It is also broken into sub catagories, like Breakfast, Snacks, Salads, Desserts....I haven't decided if I like the fact that within each sub-catagory they have all the phase's mixed up...I would have preferred to have them in order...

Good luck!!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I paid the same price ($14.42) today at Sam's Club. I really like the book, and the pictures are great. I will be trying a lot of the recipes. I like how he clarifies each Phase. He should have done that in the original SBD book.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:53 AM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I started a thread about the cookbook too....looks like only 3 of us have bought it so far....

I think it is worth it...good price for a hardcover book...I would definetly give most of the recipes a go with the exception of the fish ones simply because the fish they use is way too expensive where I live except for sole or cod. The desserts look very decadent and yummy but they are mostly Phase 2 and 3. and I miss pancakes so I will definetly be trying out the two pancake recipes from the book
Old 04-17-2004, 01:27 PM   #6  

I bought it toda at Walmart. I love the pictures. I can't wait to make my menus and shopping list for next week. It is just the inspiration I needed.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:19 PM   #7  
I found my hipbones!

My copy just came yesterday. I tried the sesame ginger asparagus last night. I liked it. Hubby didn't. Tonight we will be trying the beef kabobs with peanut sauce for dinner. Looking forward to trying it.

I was most excited about how many appetizer/snack recipes there are b/c that has been one of the hardest parts of the diet for me...finding variety for my snacks. I've had so many cheese-sticks and so much sugarless jello, I could scream. The california lettuce wraps look yummy, and so do the sun-dried tomato tartlet things... I love experimenting with my food, so it'll be fun here for a while!
Old 04-18-2004, 03:45 PM   #8  
Dancing Fool

Thumbs up Glad to hear about the new cookbook

I am so glad to hear about the new cookbook. I started to order it from Amazon but thought I would like to see it first. Your reviews are good enough for me. Just got to have it now.
I started the diet on Dec 1 at 171 and now I am at 135. I am 61 years old and I am 5'9" tall. See, anyone who sticks, can get it off. Good luck and I hope this will become a way of life for you. It has for me, and I am sticking to it. I never see a weight gain, it's just the loss is so slow now.
Keep at it.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:07 PM   #9  

Mary - WOW! Did you stay in Phase 1 that whole time or move to Phase 2?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:49 PM   #10  
Dancing Fool

Default Hi Tonic

I stayed on Phase I from the for three weeks and then went to Phase II. I just don't eat a lot of bread or pasta and that helps a lot. Now I am just trying to follow Phase 3 and really watch that I stay with low glycemic index foods. Keep with it, it works, sometimes it just takes longer. Try to excercise, I find this helps a lot. When I don't excercise I always gain weight. That's how I got to the point I had to go on SBD. I had three eye surgeries in six months and was limited in what I could do, and the pounds just rolled on
Old 04-19-2004, 10:31 PM   #11  

Mary - Thanks for the advice. I used to exercise at least 5 days a week, but I cut back due to trying to finish my masters thesis. I'm hoping to get back into working out at least 3 days a week .. which is really less then I like but its better then nothing.
I have almost made it through day one.. I'll see about doing it for 3 weeks after day 14. Right now.. trying to do one day at a time.
Closed Thread