Hump Day Chat :)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Morning chickies it is a dreary rainy day here today. But I guess april showers bring may flowers. I actually made it through a day without cheating. Have not done that in awhile, and I even drank water which is no small feat. Well here is to day two I will return I must go fill my and through in a load of laundry.
  • Hi there little chick! And all else. I am dashing in and out this morning. Maybe will post more later.

I am phase one again now, and looking forward to seeing a big dip in the scales over the next few weeks. I bought some pink jeans in a size too small (18, uk size), and hope to get in to them for the summer....!

OK, off to the allotment again! What fun. I love the spring.
    xx
  • Wednesday Chick Chat
    Good Morning all. And a dreary one it is; it's even snowing to the north.

I've had some kind of bug that started Sunday night and continued through yesterday, but I think it's finally gone for good.

Ruth, that was me lurking around at about 3:00 or 4:00 yesterday morning, but I was too damn dizzy to post anything, much less start the morning's thread. I'm glad your "test" is over; you sound as though you're back to normal(abnormally busy!).

I didn't cause too much damage over Easter, but I've only lost 3 lbs. so far this month. I'm bummed; it seemed possible to lose a whole 10 when I took the April Challenge. I think I need to shake up the metabolism somehow. Any suggestions, Ladies??

Have a great day, everybody. Jo
  • Good morning, Chicklets!

Little Chick, congrats on your cheatless day. It's really difficult to be strong every single day, isn't it? Best of luck for today.

Dh had to leave by 6:00 am this morning, so I slept in. Must have needed it, b/c I JUST woke up.

Just looked at the weather. Supposed to be sunny and 60*F. Yesterday was just miserable; cold, windy, with slight drizzle off and on all day. That's the kind of weather I associate with Ireland, not April in Georgia.

Not sure what today's menu will be. Probably leftover steak again, some leftover veggies and a slice of low carb bread.

You all have a great, OP day at the Beach!

Mamacita
  • Mamacita you are right after not eating well for the past month it was very hard to get back on track. But hopefully I can continue to have OP days. Good for you sleeping in we need that every now and then. Enjoy your steak and veggies. Have a great day.
  • Good morning, Beauties!

Thanks for starting us up Little Chick and Pennywise - I merged the two threads.

Looks like we all need to get with it after Easter indiscretions. Me too as that weight that dropped off - so to speak - is back! Lots of water and Phase I are my plan for the day.

The elusive Kevin is expected today to work on my barn doors. It's a small barn, by the way but does have a loft, a stable section and room to park two cars - if I ever get it de-junked! The darn metal overhead door was installed by the interim owners and needs to be scraped and painted every year. My Daddy built the barn and it will be great to see the doors back the way he built them. Kevin is also going to pour me another side walk but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Have a great Wednesday, Beauties.
  • Good Morning Beach Chicks!
    First, let me whine about the weather - Rain, rain, rain, rain. There, I'm done.

Little Chick - glad you're back OP! Now don't you feel better about yourself? Think about the rest of us doing this with you and cheering each other on - you can do it!

Clovey - sounds like you're busy these days!

Penny - I missed you and wondered where you were, hope you are feeling better.

Mamacita - I made the Bean Cake, and it's delicious! DH couldn't believe it was made with beans, he would never have tried it if he knew before he ate it. He said to make it often. It's really good with a dollop of FF Cool Whip, and I tossed in a handful of walnuts. The Ethiopian Chicken was pretty good too, but it was HOT! Next time I'll use less cayenne, and more garlic.

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today, and she's on Adkins, so we'll both do OK. Don't know what's on the supper menu for tonight. Depends on what time I get home. Well, I should start a load of laundry and empty the dishwasher. See ya later!
  • Good Morning Ruth! I didn't forget ya - we were posting the same time!
  • morning everyone!!!
    chilly and rainy here again but the weekend is supposed to be beautiful so i'm looking forward to that.

great job little chick!!!! pat yourself on the back a day with no cheats is a big accomplishment in my book. keep up the good work.

glad you are feeling better penny!!

i have the ever dreaded bowling tonight a.k.a. carb he** to deal with. thank goodness the season is almost over it is so long i loose steam by this time every year. i will stay op why cheat now. i've gotten used to bowling without beer.....actually my scores have improved.
    hope you all have a great op day !!!
  • Morning, chicks! I've had a weepy morning, thus far. I got an email from my dear friend about her dear friend who lost her mother to breast cancer. She's doing the 3-day walk, and on her pledge page is a picture of her and her mom. *sigh* I couldn't even imagine....

On a lighter note (literally) I'm down another 2 pounds, which is nothing short of miraculous, considering the way I've been eating! Much to do... I'll check back later...

We need a pink ribbon smilie....
  • I am back.... laundry in and trying to get the last of the school fundraising crap off my plate. Fixed up the few mistakes in the Regal fundraiser and just waiting to hear back from the treasurer so that I can fill in the amounts for the bookfair and fax that off today. Just a few more things left and I am done with the Home and School committee Finally I may have some Tabatha Time. I will be a little sad when the time comes but happy none the less. Morning Ruthie how neat is it that you live in your homestead you should take some pictures and post them I picture your house as a sweet little farm house set in the woods. Just where I would love to live my DH will not let us buy an old farm house it is my dream oh well I do love my house I am in we are on the water with a big yard. Cottagebythesea thanks for the pat on the back. I wouldn't be where I am at if not for you guys. Justjodi thanks to you to for the pat on the back and you stay OP at the bowling alley. Just keep thinking about summer clothes that is what made me get back on track those darn shorts and slinky tee's are just around the corner. Well chickies I must go again and think about what the wee ones will have for lunch and go make myself another pot of tea and slug back another water..... then of course I will have to take another potty break good thing it is raining I don't think I could be too far away from the little girls room today
  • Crystal good morning sorry to hear that you are having a weepy day but what a tribute that your friend will give to her mother. I think you are right about the pink ribbon smilie. Take care of yourself today. ( we were posting at the same time.)
  • Thanks, LC. She's a brave girl, that's for sure.

Anyone who prays: Say a prayer for Sarah, please!!

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg...16554223&team=

This should link to her page....
  • Hello Chickadees -

CrystalCaity - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's mother. My thoughts are with her family. I want to third the motion for a pink ribbon smilie.

Cottagebythesea - I think we're sharing the same rain here in Baltimore. Four days in a row is just ridiculous!!

A little funny to brighten our days...
    Mamacita - I feel your "tired" pain!
    I was so good and got up for the gym at 5:30am this morning. Returned home about 7:30am. My sweet, darling, cats were snuggled up on the couch together and they usually are fighting. I knew better than to sit on that couch with them because my eyes were feeling heavy so I sat on the dining room floor and pet my little critters. An hour and 45 minutes later I woke up from a dead sleep ON MY DINING ROOM FLOOR!! I, of course, was late for work and had those "I was sleeping somewhere I shouldn't have been" lines all up and down my face!!!

Anyway, I figure that's my body telling me to take it easy and just took my time and rolled into work without even a little guilt. I work enough hours!!

So there is your visual of the day! I hope you enjoyed it!
  • Just a quick hello to all! Hope you all are havin a good day and OP. I am so far. Gotta hit the shower and then get some laundry goin. Been sick for the past couple of days so I gotta lotta catchin up to do! ugh! Check y'all later!