Lunch-takeout

• I need some suggestions. I didn't bring my lunch to work with me today so I have to eat out. Can anyone suggest somewhere I can get South Beach food at a fast food place. I know I can pick up a salad from anywhere but I really don't want a salad.

Any Suggestions?
  • Kind of not for Phase I but.....an Atkins wrap from Subway wouldn't do too much damage - or some chili - or a fajita from MacDonald's. Salad is really the best choice.

Remember to bring your lunch tomorrow...this is your Mother speaking!
  • Ruth what about a double double protein style burger from In and Out. I feel like that is just to good to be true. Is it?
  • This is probably late, but a coffee shop that serves omelets? Like Denny's, maybe.
  • I always forget my lunch. So this could never be late. Great idea.
  • Too late for your lunch - but for future reference, there are good grilled chicken salads from McDonalds. I don't know off the top of my head which salad dressings are acceptable from there, though.

For the In and Out burgers - I'm not sure what the fat content is on those. Fast food hamburgers are usually very juicy (i.e. fatty) and probably not as healthy as grilled chicken.
  • Subway now offers Atkins salads...haven't had one yet but it appears to have roast chicken and cheese on it...looks like it might be okay for SBD but you would have to check on the dressings they offer.
  • Subway wrap is what I always seem to go for, but getting a little tired of them. I guess a kebab is pretty much the same thing.
  • I've had the Subway salads, and they're very good, but also very expensive. About $6 for the salad and another buck for a drink. The spinach chicken is good and I loved the "honey mustard" Adkins dressing that comes with it.