3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   New Beach Beauty - Stirfried (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/39230-new-beach-beauty-stirfried.html)

stirfried 04-11-2004 02:14 PM

Hi I'm new

Hi,
I am new here.I am going to use the southbeach diet plan. Does it work?? Can someone tell me how they feel about it. It some good, and my doctor told me that when dieting to count my glicemic intake as a way to lose weight. I am in the middle of the book it is interesting.
Anyway if you can help me please post back.
Happy Easter :angel:

Laura (stirfried)
weight 192
current goal 182
ideal weight 140

Natter 04-11-2004 06:13 PM

Hello and Welcome! MY sister and I are moving to The Beach tomorrow -- and Spouse is coming, too! I decided this was for me after a gentleman in my office started, and after less than two weeks lost 13 pounds. He looks and feels better, and he says he's never hungry. I got tired of sugar ruling my life and looking forward to the food versus the fun at every event. You have nothing to lose, so join in! :wave:

luton 04-11-2004 06:16 PM

Hi Laura,
I am new here too! I have done Atkins a lot in the past and I just
don't feel it is realistic or healthy for long term use. I found even on
it when I ate things like 1% milk and shredded wheat cereal, low-fat no
sugar yogurt etc. I continued to lose weight, so I hope South Beach is a
better answer. There seems to be a lot of success here! And it seems like
a relatively easy to follow diet. Lots of info here and on the web with
recipes etc.

We can be buddies if you would like as we begin our first 10 lbs off!

Luann 5'2"

Current 150
Current goal 140
Goal weight 125

sb4life 04-11-2004 08:38 PM

Hi you guys!

I have been on the beach since the beginning of January. I have lost at least 30 pounds so far. It definitely works!

The reasoning behind the plan is sound - I am confident that I will never need to lose weight again...this is it for life!

My whole family is eating healthier now.

Best things about SBD - I am never hungry, I have no cravings, I have never felt better.

Worst things about SBD - can't think of any!

Words of advice - stick with the plan 100%, at least the first two weeks. You won't regret it!

Good luck!

HW - 270
CW - 154
GW - 130

stirfried 04-13-2004 01:08 PM

Today I begin SbD

Hi,
Well Today I have started this diet. I don't have all the right foods but I think I can get started and then by more food.
I really hopes this works, I have been on a low calorie plan and workingout 3 times a week or I was until 2 weeks ago. We moved and I never got back with my eating plan and workout. My friend said this diet really helped her I hope so.
Do we do the phase one of the diet for 2 weeks? Are we supposed to go by the meal plans or can we eat whatever is on phase one. which works better?

stats
current goal
real goal

I have gained about 5 or 6 lbs in water from my 2 day eat whatever I wanted, I know I will lose the water. I hope to lose more than that in the next 2 weeks.
Thanx for being here Laura (stirfried) :coffee:

Ruthxxx 04-13-2004 01:12 PM

Glad you found your post, stirfried.

Yes, do the phase one of the diet for 2 weeks? Some folks decide to do it longer.

The meal plans are just siggestions. Just eat the Phase I foods in whatever combination suits you.

lmarah 04-13-2004 01:14 PM

I just finished up my second week of SBD. The first week was tough but my cravings really subsided for the second week. I lost 8 pounds total during those two weeks and I stayed on the plan 100%. The first week I lost 7 pounds and the second I only lost 1!!! That would have been frustrated except I'm also taking my measurements each week and I have lost almost an inch and a half on every part of my body!

That's my best advice to you - TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS! Particularly if you are exercising regularly. Sometimes you aren't "losing weight" but it's all shifting to the right places!

Welcome and good luck!

Jennie527 04-13-2004 10:39 PM

Welcome Stirfried, Natter, and Luton! I hope you find the knowledge and encouragement you need from all of us! Please read through the recipes, there are alot of good ones that can help stave off food boredom! And if you make up some good ones share them with us! Please also join our exercise thread, Little Chick crowns our exercise queen at the end of every month!

mompen 04-13-2004 11:25 PM

Welcome Everyone!

This is a wonderful group of ladies who are VERY supportive!!!!!!

:) :) :)

HAVE A GREAT ON PLAN DAY!