South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 07:29 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Smile Saturday Chick Chat

Good morning, Chickies!

Sorry I haven't been here the last couple days. Just work catching up with me, KWIM?

Good news is, I'm finished training our newbie. She's taking over the nursing homes on her own as of Monday am.

Update on the neck/back. My ortho thinks the therapist may have done me no favors by monkeying with my neck the way he did. He's worried about the amount of weakness I'm experiencing.

So, I'm off to have a spinal MRI. I may end up having trigger point injections or even some epidurals done to try and get those muscle spasms under control. Oh, the joy of it all. ~~sigh~~

Well, off to get a cup of I'll be hanging around...

Mamacita
Old 04-10-2004, 07:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Talking The Weekend - April 10 and 11

Good morning, chickies. The Girls and I "slept in" until 6 this morning! What is the world coming to?

Today is an odd-job day and will also be the day I do our Easter Dinner - a lovely leg of lamb and fresh green beans! It's cloudy and cool but no rain so I may be able to start some garden clean-up again.

I will be taking a bit of a sabbatical from South Beach eating for a while. I have to go for a follow-up barium enema on Monday and need to start "prep" once again before noon tomorrow. Right now worry about what I eat is the least of my problems. However, I'll still be in here nagging you chickies if you stray from the sand.

What's happening with you? I hope those choclate bunnies are not attacking - or those insidious Peeps!
Old 04-10-2004, 07:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

You beat me to it, Mama! I'll combine our threads for The Weekend.

Your instincts about your evil therapist were right! I hope the tests can solve the problem. At least the newbie problem is solved! That should lighten your load a bit.

I swear that Lucy is really Lucifer! She just got a ten dollar bill out of my jacket pocket and chewed it to bits. Serves me right for leaving a jacket over the back of a chair!

Need more coffee!
Old 04-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #4  

Yikes! Ten dollars down the...ahem...

Bad Lucy!! Bad Dog
Old 04-10-2004, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all -
It's bright and sunny here for now, but tomorrow is supposed to be a stormy day. We planned an Easter egg hunt for the little ones, now I'll have them traipsing through my newly painted house searching for eggs!

Mamacita - So sorry about your neck and back. Hope the tests bring about some relief finally.

Hey, Ruth, you just concentrate on getting through the "barium" stuff for now, and don't worry about what you eat. You can get back OP when all this is over. Keep us posted as to what's happening with you, OK?

Busy day ahead. We'd BETTER finish with the painting, then put all the furniture back and get pictures back on the walls and curtains up. THEN I have to clean the rest of the house that been neglected through all this, and make 2 pies for tomorrow. Oops! - And get Easter presents wrapped for the grandkids! Oh boy - - -
Old 04-10-2004, 08:03 AM   #6  

Good Morning, Ladies! It sounds as though both of you have your hands full. Don't you hate it when the calendar fills up with medical appointments. It's like a cloud hanging overhead.

Mama, I hope your neck problems are easily taken care of soon. Good news about the new help.

And Ruth, that early Easter dinner you're planning sounds wonderful. I was going to do lamb also, but one of my DDs volunteered for Easter dinner duty, so...... That must be some curious puppy you've got there. Why in the world would she even investigate your pocket? And take a ten? Ya gotta laugh. Good luck on Monday.

I am off to fill Easter baskets, one for the grandson and the other for DH who has a sweet tooth the size of Kansas.

Have a great day, everybody. Jo
Old 04-10-2004, 08:10 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Jo, I hate to admit it but my bad "puppy" is nearly two and a half years old! She has been naughty and curious since birth. My portable phone got chomped so the buttons wouldn't work and she has also crunched up a few other things - like pedometers! A real brat! Yes, I do train my dogs but this one is something else. I am going to shave her head and look for 666!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:11 AM   #8  

Ruth, have you tried Bitter Apple? It sure worked to keep the bunny from chomping electrical cords...
Old 04-10-2004, 08:16 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

I tried it on electrical cords - she ate teh GF grill cord before she was 6 months. However, I can't really spray all my stuff. She knows she is doing something bad but just can't resist. It's usually something I have handled - separation anxiety? We'll keep working on it. Maybe motherhood will mature her.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:17 AM   #10  

good morning chickies,
i got up super early this am 5:30 to be exact. ds had a birthday sleepover last night and they way out lasted me. i was waken at 5:30 by the last 2 stragglers sneaking cookies off the kitchen table, thats right they had not gone to sleep yet my son and his buddy jordan. they are asleep now of course but i know it is not gonna be a great day for them. oh well you only turn 9 once right??

i decided to start a journal today, i think this will be a positive.

i ate pizza last night and chips and ice cream (shame on me) i have a wedding to go to tonight so i will probabally not be even close to plan if they are serving the regular buffett type stuff, and tomorrow is Easter so thats not likely to be op either. i will drink lots of water but thats about the only promise i can make for the weekend.

good luck ruth for monday. i think it is a good idea to take care of the matter at hand and not worry about being op. hang in there!! we are having leg of lamb also with fresh asparagus.

hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:20 AM   #11  

What is it with dogs and phones? My Golden, who's normally as good as, got hold of a guest's cellphone and chomped it to pieces. Innate suspicion of technology, maybe?
Old 04-10-2004, 08:24 AM   #12  

We're not really doing an Easter dinner....Dd's birthday is Monday. Talked her into a SB friendly dinner...Steak, asparagus, fresh peas, and baked potatoes for her/dh/bf and a baked sweet potato for me.

She asked for a flourless chocolate cake from Harry's...I'll check the carbs, but I'm betting it's way off the charts...so I may have just a sliver....though I could easily eat a huge slice, it's that yummy!

Mamacita
Old 04-10-2004, 08:41 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, darlin's.

Marmacita, it's good that you're getting an MRI. Get right to the root of the problem without all this fiddling-about nonsense.

Ruth, I'm still waiting to hear if my sister's over her strep throat. I REALLY want to be served Easter dinner this year. I just want to sit around and watch people working. Speaking of servants, my house is a pigsty. I'd better get to work.

Have a great day, all!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

I can't believe it! About, like, six people posted at the same time as me!
Hi, girls!
Old 04-10-2004, 09:24 AM   #15  

Smile Morning everybody

No way did I get up early today... I had planned to but... well, I got very comfortable and just couldn't get up. (sigh) Some days are like that.

Well, I couldn't wait til tomorrow to weigh in, so I did it this morning. I weigh as soon as I get out of bed, before breakfast. I lost 5 lbs!!!OMG was I shocked!! I knew I did well, but wow! I figured I wouldn't lose that much since Aunt Flo is due, but this is great! Now, it's a total of 10 since March 21!!!! YES YES YES!!

Other than that, today I have a whole load of cleaning to do. Since I work FT I don't get a chance to do it until the weekend. Then I need to get the kids to Payless to get some shoes, and probably the veg market for fruits and vegs.

Have a wonderul weekend, and if you celebrate Easter, I hope it's especially Blessed and perfect.

Liz

247/237/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
I can't believe it! About, like, six people posted at the same time as me!
Hi, girls!
Closed Thread