3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Intro... new here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/39143-intro-new-here.html)

Blitz 04-08-2004 10:50 AM

Intro... new here

Hi everyone! I have been on SB for 2 weeks - this is week 3 and have lost 6 pounds so far. Last week (week 2) was a "special" week and I ate foods that I usually wouldn't so I kind of went off it at night time and lost 2.5 pounds anyway. So this week I am staying at Phase 1.

I have modified the diet a bit, because I want it to be a lifestyle, but I am very very happy with it. I do WW too but have never been able to keep under my points allotment because I have been eating all the wrong foods and craving! SB took care of that and when I counted the first week I was under my points. I don't have a scale so I still go to WW until I buy one... but I am not keeping track anymore because I don't have to. lol

I found some 50cal 8gr fiber tortillas and I use them a lot, and eat turkey or ham with a tiny bit of cheese in them and that is my meal. Sometimes I scramble and egg instead of the meat, and I add tomatoes onions and chipotle or hot sauce and that has really been breakfast and lunch. Supper I "cheat" (I try not to say that word because this is not a diet for me, this is a healthy way to live the rest of my life!) sometimes and put my kid's chicken nuggets cut up in my wrap or salad, but mostly stick to the plan.

I don't like cheese at all so that ricotta snack is no good for me. I have been eating sugar-free jello with a generous portion of cool whip on it and that is satisfying, also I recently bought Murray sugar-free Peanut Butter cookies and shortbread cookies and I baggie them up in the serving size so 3-4 cookies and if I really want something sweet that's what I have. I baggie up 16 cashews and keep a couple in my purse and ALWAYS eat that for my morning snack.

I am really excited about all this. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago and gained at least 50 pounds, I am as big as I've ever been at 222 (2.5 weeks ago) and not happy about it at all. The biggest adjustment was to give up sodas all the way. I used to drink LOTS of Pepsi, then with WW I was down to 1 or 2 a day, now I have discovered Diet vanilla Pepsi and I drink 1 or 2 a day.

Pennywise 04-08-2004 07:25 PM

Welcome to the beach, Blitz. You'll find this a great site, very helpful. But you know, tortillas and cookies can sabotage your weight loss, as can chicken nuggets. The basic idea of Phase 1 is to lessen your cravings for the bad carbohydrates by limiting the carbs. Then in Phase 2 you can slowly introduce the good carbs and still continue your weight loss. Good luck, Jo

ellis 04-08-2004 07:37 PM

Welcome to the Beach, Blitz! :wave:

Blitz 04-09-2004 08:34 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I *do* know that those things are against the phase one plan... but I guess I am not willing to go much further. It's true I have modified the diet a lot in small ways, but it isn't a matter of weight loss, it's a matter of making some healthier choices and choosing to live differently. I am finding my cravings are gone already, and the couple times I've "cheated" (had a couple special occasions last week), there was no pleasure, thrill or comfort in eating those things.

Perhaps this isn't the place for me to be talking about the ways I have modified the diet to make it work for me.... just thinking out loud now. I can see where the things that I do would definitely not work for someone else. And you are totally right, it could lead to me going back to my old way of eating if I dont' watch it!

smartypants 04-10-2004 12:54 AM

Welcome and good luck!

justjodi 04-10-2004 06:18 AM

welcome to the beach blitz!!!

Islander 04-10-2004 12:46 PM

Welcome to the beach and congrats on your weight loss!

Patricia