South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #1  

Question Possessed by the Cleaning Out Demon

Was this wise? I packed up and gave away all the baggy clothes that were in the closet and drawers. I've lost 43 lbs. so far and couldn't stand looking at them anymore. I'm thinking also that if I don't have them around to fall back on, I'm more likely to stay OP. How have the rest of you handled the wardrobe dilemma? I have a few things left that I can wear, but I don't want to invest a whole lot in clothes that may be baggy soon enough. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jo
Old 04-05-2004, 07:51 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey Pennywise. I did the same thing as you as soon as it is too big it is gone. I am the sameway I don't want to invest money in clothes that are going to get to big. So I have been shopping at the second hand stores. Another fun thing is a clothes swap. Get a bunch of friends together and everyone cleans out the clothes they don't want and then you swap clothes what ever is left you donate to a shelter or who ever may need them. Well good luck.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Had to put my 2cents worth in. Jo, you and I must be thinking alike these days. I went thru my clothes last nite, and put aside all my really baggy clothes to drop off at Goodwill. I can get into a lot of things that were previously too tight, and I have decided not to buy anything else until I'm within sight of my goal, which I hope I reach by June.
Little Chick, I like your idea of a clothes swap, but unfortunately I don't know anyone to do it with. That's a wonderful idea, though.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #4  

Same problem here. I have lost about 1/3 of the weight I want to lose. I bought a couple of pairs of pants at an end of season sale a couple of months ago to slim into and am wearing those to death because they are the only dressy clothes that fit. I tried on some fitted tops in the weekend and I am still too big to wear them so am wearing baggy T shirts around home for now. Fortunately a lot of my clothes are knit so stretch (actually they hang quite lose now) and I can still wear them. As the seasons are changing I will not buy new season clothes for another couple of months. I plan to buy a couple of low-priced outfits that I wear to death during that interim period. I work mostly from home and I don't see the same people every day so I can get away with wearing the same things a lot.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:31 PM   #5  

I'm all about cleaning out closets lately. I only kept one pair of baggy jeans that I'm going to wear when I paint this weekend. Who wants to wear jeans that are all saggy in the rear? I'm going to drop off everything at a second hand store and do some shopping while I'm there. I only have 2 pairs of jeans that actually fit now, and I don't have time to do laundry every other night.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:52 PM   #6  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Congrats to all of you for HAVING baggy clothes. Now, I say, toss them! You don't ever want to fit in them again and, if they are there, you be able to put them on when you feel "fat". Don't even give yourself an option.

While the above is entirely genuine, I do have another motive here... Give your clothes away to your local domestic violence shelter! Most shelters are really in need of larger size clothes. I work for a DV agency and we just don't have anymore storage for smaller clothes but are ALWAYS in need of clothes larger than a US size 16. If you need the name and contact info of the local shelter in your area just shoot me a message. I'd be glad to get you the info and I have it right at my fingertips. This way you can feel good about losing the weight and helping another woman in need. Take care all!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:14 PM   #7  

Thanks for all your suggestions. I appreciate them all. Imarah, what a great idea. It'll take some driving, but I know just where to go. And it's a plus that the clothes are really needed.
Jo
Old 04-08-2004, 10:48 PM   #8  
Jesus freak

Whooohooooo ladies! I plan to get rid of my clothes ASAP. I have a ton of "Rocky Mountain" and "Silver Lake" western jeans that I LOVE and I can't wait to be able to wear them again.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
Closed Thread