South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 07:02 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Chick Chat

Good morning, Chicks--

Can't believe I'm the one starting things today. Here, I've already been to the nursing home, too!

Not much going on except I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck. So, off to see the doctor this afternoon, if I have someone to cover for me. The gal I was supposed to train this morning never showed and wasn't available by phone. Bad on her.

Ok, off to get a shower and get to work.

HAGD everyone

Mamacita
Old 04-01-2004, 07:14 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Marmacita, take care of that neck, hon. That HURTS!

It's a rainy day... I'm staying home today to clean, and I'll work out at the gym this evening. I've got some new-found energy, and my house looks like a dumping ground, so I'm going to attack it! I'm so excited... I haven't felt this energized for ... could it be years?

Have a wonderful day, dear girls! love and hugs to all...
Old 04-01-2004, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Mamacita! I was just going to start today's thread when you posted, so thanks!
Last night my computer was acting up, and I may have posted twice in the same thread. Please bear with me, I am still a novice at this computer stuff.
It's really gloomy out, makes you want to go back to bed, but I have a busy day scheduled again today. I'm being "mommy" while a friend is on a business trip.
My scale is finally acting friendly to me and told me I lost 2 lbs. this morning! Finally!
To everyone - Have a great day!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:16 AM   #4  

Oh, MAN!! Ruth, I just looked at the weather report. It's supposed to freakin' well SNOW on Sunday! crap. What a country. It's completely uninhabitable.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:16 AM   #5  

Cottage, congratulations on the 2 pounds! Keep it up, hon!!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:20 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies....you go Ellis exercising and know spring cleaning.... Mamacita take care of that neck. Cottage YGG good for you losing 2 pounds. Oh ellis don't mention snow now I have to go check the weather for here on Sunday. Well off to do some laundry.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:37 AM   #7  
Southern Belle

Talking

Good Morning Beach Babes!!!

Today is gonna be another hot one today. We are to be back up in the 80's. What happened to spring? We are moving right into summer. Of course, down here the summers can be 110+ so I guess I will enjoy the 80's.

Today is Day 4 for me. Yesterday, I spent lots of time running to the BR and getting fluid off from that TOM and so I sneaked another peek on the scales and I'm down a total of 4.5lbs now!!!!! Yay!!! I'm doing the happy dance. I am SO amazed at my results so far!!!! I just can't believe it!!! I am REALLY losing weight!!! I have struggled this last year and couldn't hardly get a lb to go away and then this. This SBD or I like to say way of eating is working fantastic for me!!! And the best part is I haven't really been hungry. Now last night, I wasn't hungry but I wasn't really satisfied so I am a BB fudgeicle. That helped.

Well, gotta hit the shower and get ready for work. Have quite a few home health patients to see today and also have softball practice this afternoon for my 7yr old which I got drafted to coach. I was really worried about it all but I think it's a from God so that I would move even more. God is GOOD.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT ON PLAN DAY!!!! Son't forget we change times this weekend. That way we have more time in the evenings to play ball, garden, exercise, etc.. I love it!!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:41 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh! For a minute, I thought and hoped Ellis was April Fooling me but there IS snow in the forecast for early next week! Bummer!

I'm feeling sort of "flat" these days and am going to try for a more relaxed day today as yesterday seemed to be just go go go! Unfortunately I need to wash my darn kitchen floor yet again today as the Fog Garden is pure mud! Remind me never to get a white kitchen floor ever again. Um ... Ellis ...wanna come and do it for me?

Jane comes to be with Harry this afternoon and I will be going for groceries in a super Loblaws in Kingston. I also will visit the abattoir near there to check out availability of bones and meat for my Girls. Doesn't that sound like a thrill! The good news is that the Girls got weighed yesterday and the new diet seems to be working as Hersh is down 1.5 pounds and Lucy finally is 42 pounds.

Harry is still snoozing so I'll wake him up and get this show on the road.

Have a good April 1 and watch out for practical jokers!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:45 AM   #9  
Southern Belle

Talking

Congratulations to all the LOSERS!!!! Keep up the GOOD work!!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 08:02 AM   #10  

Good morning everybody. It looks like another quiet day here, and I feel for the chicks who have a lot on their plates every day. Whoops, bad metaphor! LOL. I remember running around getting ready for school, and think, man, I love retirement.
So my hat is off to ladies who juggle it all.

I hope you feel better soon, Mamacita.

Ellis, isn't it great to feel some energy again? I know how you feel.

Congratulations on your 2 lb loss, cottageby the sea. Doesn't that set the tone for the whole day?

I just heard the forecast, Ellis and we're getting snow too on Sunday. Good day to hunker down with a new book.

Hey Sunshinelady! Good on you for that 4.5 lb. loss. Isn't your determination doubled when those first pounds melt away.

Jo
Old 04-01-2004, 08:20 AM   #11  

morning everyone!!
happy april fools!! it is again raining and a little chilly here today but the weekend is supposed to be ok so that keeps me going through the week.

thank you to all for your kind words and thoughts i am feeling much better and managed to stay totally op yesterday and i drank a ton of water and it helped alot!!

ruth i feel your pain with the white kitchen floor. i have white in the laundry room/mud room and kitchen (sheesh what was i thinking???) i could scrub it 4x a day and still not be happy with all the traffic in my house 3 kids all their frends, 3 dogs etc etc and to top it off we just installed new carpet in the rest of the house in feb (i was thinking this time though and got brown) so the white floors have become the holding area for all things muddy.

go ellis!!! spring cleaning, all this training so glad you are feeling great!!!

sunshinelady and cottagebythesea congrats on your losses!!! way to go!!!

get better soon mamacita, take care of the neck

hello to anyone else i missed have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 08:36 AM   #12  

Hi everyone,
Quickly checking in here, before I drive off to Yorkshire for a few days, followed by a few days retreat over easter. So I wont be around for over a week.....will you miss me???

Well, I am very pleased about the challenge going well, and lots of people using it for a knee up. Jodi and Rubens, you have inspired us. I am down around four, and now permenantly under the sixteen stone mark, which is great joy. However, I expect I may put on a bit while away from home. The holiday will be walking, so that might be ok, although I know that Chocolate Has Been Packed.......then the retreat is a bit of a nightmare on the SBD front, it is vegan food, and basically rice and pasta with extra rice cakes and honey. eek. But the food will be sparse, so I will just trust that I will not spend all four days being pulled in to my iliveforchocolateandwhitebreadandsex space. Conquer those calls of the flesh!!! (that will be the day...)

So there we are. I put the potatos in today, and a row of parsley. The french beans are up in the greenhouse, although I dont know if they will survive without me. I will have a few hours at home next wednesday when I can pop my head round the greenhouse door and give them a bit of loving attention. And water. They like that.

So I will be back on phase one I think after easter. I want to push down another few pounds through the spring, try and get in to a size 18 asap (that is a 16 american size). I dont think I have far to go, my size 20s are big on me, and look as if they are not my clothes anymore

OK, I have to go and see a couple of clients. You all be good while I am away, share your toys, no hitting and no playing doctors and nurses.

Old 04-01-2004, 08:56 AM   #13  
I got Madonna tickets!

Good morning!

Ruth, I love the super Loblaws, they opened one in Toronto and I have literally spent three hours there just walking around shopping!

I went to bed at 7pm last night due to a KILLER migraine. I took the big guns (the heavy migraine meds) and just fell asleep. Today, I am pleased to say, the headache seems to be gone, and I am feeling much better (thank heavens!)!!!

Clovey, a whole week without ya?! Have a great time away!!!

Mamacita, take care of the neck...

Ellis, what is WITH this weather?! Once spring has fully sprung, we should plan a Canada Fat Chicks get-together!

Otherwise, just going to take it easy today at work, do mostly stuff at my desk, I have that day after migraine wooziness, so hopefully it will pass and life will get back to normal!

After the winery dinner/tour towards the end of April (which also marks my one year of living in Canada, and the end of the first two of my three equivalency tests) I am back to Phase 1 for two weeks. I am so excited, on the 25th, we are going to see the Dalai Lama speak. I can't wait.

Anyway, this is a long post, it's all that sleep...I am feeling talkative!

Have a good one!!!!!

--Dynagrrl
Old 04-01-2004, 09:26 AM   #14  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Well, I'm finally back on the boards after putting in about 3 weeks of cleaning and pitching stuff that DH and I had accumulated over a period of 30 years! Our home is now officially beautiful and "for sale!" The realtor needs to now do her work! I'm exhausted!

I have really been watching what I eat while on this busy streak. Been kind of combining some WW with my SBD. It has resulted in an 8 pound loss. Whoo-hoo!!!!!

Ellis, you are becoming the exercise queen, hon! I'm so proud of you!

Clovey, have fun on your trip. Sounds so relaxing!

Mamacita, I send good vibes your way for a soothing recovery with your neck!

Ruth, what kind of diet do you have the doggies on? Sounds like it works....maybe I should try it???

Everyone have a wonderful Thursday. I'll check in later.
Hugs,
Sharon
Old 04-01-2004, 09:50 AM   #15  

Sharon, we missed you, girl! So glad you're back. And congratulations on the eight pound loss!!

Clovey, have a wonderful holiday away. You deserve it, hon.

Dyna, I'm glad your migraine is gone. Those things are killers.
You've only lived in Canada for a year!? Okay, we'll all meet at Ruth's house. We'll have cocktails on the deck with the "Girls".

Jodi, I'm glad you're doing better. More hugs to get you through the day...

Jo, I didn't know you were retired! Don't you hate it when people say, "What do you DO all day?!" They sound condescending, but I'm sure they're just jealous.

Ruth, I'll wash your kitchen floor if you'll wash my bathroom floor. shudder. There should be a big drain in the middle of the floor so you can just pressure wash the entire room without having to touch anything.

Our bed fell apart the other night, so I've taken it all apart and am searching for some bolts to hold it together. We've been sleeping on the mattress on the floor for the past couple of nights, and it's REALLY comfortable, but I feel grungy. grundgy?
Ruth, I found more mouse dirt. Those little buggers. I must stop eating bridge mixture in bed...
Closed Thread