South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #1  

Default Saturday chick chat

Well it is finally the weekend and I still woke up at 6am! It was nice to just lie in though. I'm on about my 4th large coffee (not OP but my weekend splurge) and I am just walking out the door to music lessons. Must admit I am coping with listening to guitar practice this year much better than recorder practice last year. My dd REALLY wants to play violin but I don't think I can cope with that!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

My goodness, Chick. Is it Saturday already!? I thought I was the screwed up one around here!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:41 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Are there prizes for being most screwed up? Oh well, we have the weekend thread started for tomorrow morning.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:15 PM   #4  

Hah! I just woke up from a nap, and thought I was hallucinating or had slept the clock around. Good one, Chick!! Jo
Old 04-02-2004, 06:43 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I've been looking through that cookbook. No wonder we Anglicans are so damned fat. Talk about carb overload.
There's a recipe in there for "Mock Duck". It involves hamburger meat, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and poultry dressing. Never seen anything like it. Why the **** don't they just call it "Hamburger Surprise" or something? Mock, indeed.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:50 PM   #6  

I used to make mock duck years ago; kids and dh loved it. But I'm pretty sure the gal who gave it to me was a Methodist.

Yeah, Ruth, the NY Finger Lakes. Beautiful area, but winter goes on for years(or so it seems).

Have a nice evening and a great morning everyone. Jo
Old 04-02-2004, 10:04 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
My goodness, Chick. Is it Saturday already!? I thought I was the screwed up one around here!

Different time zone!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2004, 06:56 AM   #8  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies

Had the best night's sleep I've had in a while. Too bad it was drug induced. Doc gave me some Flexeril and Ultracet for my back/neck. He's ordered X-rays as well and I'm off PT until we get the results back. There's a possibility that this pain could be a permanent thing for me due to disk degeneration. Doc did mention that I might be a candidate for Topamax depending on how the Xrays turn out.

The upside of this is that Topamax has been shown to cause or accelerate weight loss in the patients who were taking it.

We'll see.

Today, the only thing I have planned is meeting with my writing partner.

Ellis you mentioned mock duck...there's actually a vegetarian product I can buy at our Asian store that's mock duck. Made from gluten. Not too bad in the carbs department, either. Makes excellent stir fry.

HAGD everyone

Mamacita
Old 04-03-2004, 07:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chickies,
What a busy week I've had! Taking care of a baby and toddler while mommy was on a business trip all week has exhausted me! I truly admire mothers who work full-time and have little ones. We had a load of fun, though, and I'll do it again if I'm asked.
It has rained all week, and it's cloudy again today. And they're predicting snow flurries for tomorrow! But I HAVE to try to get my flats of primroses in today. They are outgrowing their nursery pots. DH has the beds all ready for me, so all I have to do is pop them in the ground.
DH is on vacation next week, so we're going to paint the livingroom and stairway. I still can't decide on the color, so I'll be looking thru some decorating books today for ideas. I hope we can get it all done by Sunday, as we have all the family coming for Easter!
There sure are a lot of us joining the April Challenge! I know it's going to keep me OP, knowing the rest of you are doing this, too.
Well I'm off to have morning coffee with my mom and dad. They are both on SBD, too, and are doing great.
Mamacita, I'm so glad you are feeling better!
Old 04-03-2004, 07:30 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mamacita, I'm glad you had a good night's sleep. Topamax? Hmmm - I wonder if you can get it without a back/neck problem.

Chick on the Beach, I didn't realize you are in a different time zone. Shad sometimes throws me too with her posts.

Pennywise, I'm further north than you and our winter goes on for centuries. I'm in the Rideau Lakes area, another beautiful place.

Ellis, I should have ripped out some of those recipes before I gave you that cookbook! Anglican Church LAdies are NOT famous for low cal or low carb dishes.

Dull and rainy again and The Girls are sleeping off their morning muddy paws in the back room. I have absolutely nothing that needs to be done today except mix up another batch of dog food! Nummy! It's the one type of cooking when I am not tempted to nibble!

I need to go do the morning routine with harry. I don't think he has muddy paws so that's a bonus!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:03 AM   #11  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Ok, you guys! Quit playing with my frazzled brain! Is is yesterday or today?????
Oh, well.....I'll just call it another day and be on with it! These time zones are so-o-o confusiong!

Ellis, dear, Mock Duck does sound disgusting. Maybe if it was put before me I would eat less? Who the heck knows?

Mamacita, so happy to hear you finally got some good sleep. Hope tha new med agrees with you.

Cottage, taking care of those babies sounds totally exhausting. Bet you had fun! You need to take it easy today.

Ruth, would slippers help if you stuck them on as the doggies entered your white floor? Just a suggestion!!!!

Gotta go to my Water Aerobics class, Chicks. Putting in my hour of exercise this morning. Then this afternoon DH and I need to get out of the house since the realtor is showing it to some people. I hate this feeling that home is not home anymore! Sheesh!!!

Talk later,
Sharon
Old 04-03-2004, 09:08 AM   #12  

'Morning everybody. Would you believe there's company downstairs this early? I hadn't even had my first cup of coffee yet. Friends of DH whom I promptly woke; he can socialize with them.

Mamacita, glad to hear the pills helped with the sleep. I take half a Soma tablet(a muscle relaxant) at night for fibromyalgia. That and SBD have helped enormously.

I hope your painting goes well, cottagebythe sea. I lucked out this year when one of my daughters said she wanted to do Easter dinner, and I don't even have to bring anything if I don't want to. I envy you planting already. We lived in PA, and you're about a month ahead of us as far as planting goes.

Have a great weekend everyone. Jo
Old 04-03-2004, 10:22 AM   #13  

good morning everyone!!
i slept in this morning for the first time in a long time, it felt sooo good. so i just poured my first cup of coffee.

mamacita, hope the back gets feeling better quick, i have degenitive(sp?) disc disorder also. i don't have daily pain anymore thank goodness but it sure does not take much for me to over do it. flexeril just kicks my butt i can sleep for days while on that stuff!! take care.

cottage hope you get your planting in, the sun is shining here today but they were calling for rain during the day and snow again tonight. my poor daffodils are not taking it so well either.

chick so you live in the tomorrow zone? what country are you in? too bad you couldn't sleep in that happens to me alot of the time.

pennywise company that early?? good for you waking dh up to deal with them.

deets good luck with the house sale hope it goes quick and painless. have you started looking yet? i just love looking at houses for sale.

ruth your papmered poochies are so lucky to have you. glad you got the mud spill contained to just 1 room.

ellis mock duck??? do you shape it like a duck?? or do you just really have to use your imagination?? last i checked hamburger and duck had nothing in common. enjoy the recipes, sounds like ruth might be taking her book back soon

have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-03-2004, 11:48 AM   #14  
Kitten40ish

Good Morning all!
Just doing my morning ritual. Cup of coffee at my side and checking in with the New Chicks on the Block!
Introduce myself yesterday and decided to come out of my shell and not be invisible any more.
It's been raining here off and on now, yesterday and today. Nice spring days. We will be going straight into summer I'm sure, but for now just enjoying the smell of rain.
I've enjoyed reading your posts and getting to know you all.
My youngest daughter plays high school softball. Most of my free time is at the fields for now. She just completed over 50 hours of drive time, with mom, and took her driving test at the DMV and got her liscense two days ago. I survived the lessons! Infact, I actually started breathing about half way into it, at about 25 or 30 hours. Now you have to understand, I have two other older daughters and together never logged that many miles as a passenger. LOL
My sister, whom I walk with, had to go out of town today. I guess I'll be looking for another form of excersise for today. Especially since it's raining. Thunder and lightning right now and big drops of rain. Cats came running in the back door. Good day for some Chili I think.
Enjoy the day!
Old 04-03-2004, 01:07 PM   #15  

Quote:
Pennywise: I used to make mock duck years ago; kids and dh loved it. But I'm pretty sure the gal who gave it to me was a Methodist.
My grandma was a Methodist church lady. EVERYTHING had gravy. There were always at least two or three high fat meats and two kinds of potatoes at family dinners. I won't go into the desserts!

Mamacita--Glad you are getting some relief!

Kitten40ish--Welcome! And I have found SBD to be easier to stick with than anything else I have tried.

Well, I got up late but I am actually thinking seriously about checking out the gym I belong to and haven't been in years. I had thought about going every morning this week but I think the unfamiliarity after being gone so long is what put me off (things like what should I take? how long will it take to go and come back?). So, I figure if I go on a Saturday, I can take my time and re-orient myself again. I will let you know.

I really DON'T like the gym. The only exercise I really enjoy is golf which involves more walking and upper boday exercise than many people think. However, I haven't been doing that either lately and the gym is more efficient because I can do strength and aerobic both in less actual time.

Have an OP weekend everyone!
Closed Thread