South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 01:19 PM   #16  

I'm back, I'm Back!!! Did you miss me???

Our first Valentine's Day is over at my flower shop!!! Yippee! We survived!!!

I had a tough time staying OP this past week, there was so little time to think about what I was eating, however, I don't think I did too bad. Anyway, I am glad to be back OP this week. Will weigh in next week so I don't get discouraged.

Missed you guys!!
Old 02-17-2004, 02:07 PM   #17  
I'm a Core Newbie!

S/C/G: 246.2/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 2 - Phase I

Ruthie, poor Purple Reign! Hope he can wait.

Little Chick, order the swimsuit, and hang it on a hook in your bedroom. Have you seen the Yoplait commercial where the gal does that? (Great minds, Danielle!) Better yet, hang it on the pantry - Maybe it'll kill any recurrence of The Great Hershey's Kiss Affair!

Jennie, do try not to worry. Just in case, make sure dh's resume is up-to-date, and start looking around (quietly) for other positions. There's a good chance he won't be let go!

Congrats on surviving V-Day, LouLou!

Ugh, just got off the phone with my mom. She and Dad do a modified low-carb WOE, and she keeps trying to get me to do these LC recipes that aren't allowable on Phase I - some aren't even allowable on Phase II. "But there's just one teaspoon of cornstarch in the recipe, and it's better for you than flour!" She read the SBD book and still doesn't get what I'm trying to do. (i.e., kill the cravings) They stocked up on a bunch of food to split up with us this weekend, and some of it's just not what we're supposed to be having. (for instance, they brought me a huge container of whole ricotta.) Sabotage!!!!

Okay then...gotta clean up my lunch dishes. I made myself a tuna salad roll-up (rolled in deli turkey breast). It was okay...I miss my Miracle Whip, but I'll get over it. Oh, and there's laundry to be folded. (When ISN'T there??)
Old 02-17-2004, 03:47 PM   #18  

Hi everyone

Well, today has been a good day. I had to drive in to central london to take a friend her purse which she left at my house, so having paid the conjestion charge to go in to town I thought I would make the most of it and went shopping too....just to the bookshop though. I bought about eight books (could hardly carry them) including a four inch thick tome of a poetry anthology which has already had me weeping in to my wine this eveing. What more could a woman ask for than a book of poetry and a glass of red wine?

I am very lucky not to have kids etc to need tending. Just the animals and parents. And the worms in the wormery.

It is great catching up with you all. Everyone is having different kinds of times.

Cant decide what to cook for dinner. Cant be bothered to do much. I think maybe some grilled chicken and salad might do it.

A Clovey rant follows, so you can skip the next para if you prefer your posts served clean and pure....(understandably).

I just got an email from my brother saying 'thank you for the christmas presents, sorry I did not think to get you anything I have been so busy all year I have barely had time even to do my art ...[long paragraph about his art follows]. I might be made redundant, I am stressed about becoming a grandparent, my wife's mother is ill [so is ours buster] and it is your fault I did not contact you all year since your kind invitation last boxing day (that would be 2002)because you did not get back to me about my website design'. I paraphrase, but you get the drift. Grrr. Am I flaming ? yes, spose so. He is an artist, what can I say. Glad he is a good artist because he is a crap brother. Families! I think there is are things to be said there that I have been fermenting for forty years. I might say them this year. clear the air, you know. I really just might say them. (when I am old I shall wear purple....)

grrr. vent is now closed again, hope it has not splurged on you all too much
xx
Old 02-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #19  

Default Oh Clovey!

Raising my glass of wine to Clovey...cheer up pal!
Try to let it go and enjoy your quiet evening.
Jan
Closed Thread