South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 12:20 PM   #1  

Default My skin is much clearer!!!

Hi everyone! I just started SBD 2 weeks ago and even though I have only lost 6 pounds my skin is so much clearer! I had really bad acne on my jawline and now my skin is smooth as a baby's butt (only red little marks) Does anyone know a good cream for acne scars? I am so happy with this diet!!!!!!!!!
Trust me I rather have clear skin and be heavy than the other way around!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 01:26 PM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Claudia1214 glad to hear your skin is better. I know I have always heard Coco Butter is supposed to be really good for scars. Hope this helps. My 12 yr old is starting to have acne which thank goodness I never had to deal with but my dh said he did. Maybe I should cut her carbs. She would think I was tryin to kill her. She could live off bread and pasta! Skinny as a rail to I might add!
Old 02-05-2004, 01:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I found that, too, Claudia! My skin really cleared up.
I need something for scars, too. My chin is a MESS!
Old 02-05-2004, 01:35 PM   #4  

Default Thanks for your replies!

Ellis: One of my coworkers told me that if you squeeze the juice of one lemon and mix it with a tablespoon of water that helps clarify your skin.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:29 PM   #5  
I'm a Core Newbie!

S/C/G: 246.2/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Mederma!

There's an over-the-counter cream for scars called Mederma, and it says in the commercials that it works on acne scars. If you can't find it on the shelf, ask the pharmacist - sometimes they keep the expensive creams back where they can't be pilfered. I need to get some for my acne and surgical scars & my stretch marks.

Bamiegurl, Mary Kay has a good teen skin care line. If DD uses it every morning & night, it might help keep the acne at bay. (And no, I'm not a consultant, but I was years ago.) However, when you start ANY skin care regimen and are prone to acne, you will break out pretty badly for the first couple of weeks, so whatever line she tries, don't let her get discouraged by that.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:47 PM   #6  

Thanks, girls! Ummm... Claudia, if I try the lemon, do I leave it on my skin?

Bamie, my 14 year old daughter has it, too. (another skinny girl ) Ugh, and blackheads.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:32 PM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Thanks Aimee, I'll keep that in mind if the one she has does not seem to work. I cannot use MK myself it is like putting fire on my face. But she might can. I have a consultant, she is one of my good customers.

Ellis she has a few blackheads but mainly the big ugly whiteheaded ones. I want to smash them soooo baaad but I don't due to scaring and infection. Ok enogh dirty talk haha
Old 02-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #8  

I feel the same way, Bamie, but I didn't want to say it. My DD walked out of the house this morning with a big icky one on her cheek. I wanted to wrestle her to the ground and squeeze it.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:20 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Oh yes! I could take great pleasure in doing it as well! Right now she only has them on her forehead. But man can they get big. It reminds me of those commercials where all you see is the zit. She will come to me and say will you please pop these. And I force my self to say no go wash with your cleansers. I just keep saying no scars no scars! If our poor kids only knew how we talk about them. Oh wait I'm sure they talk about us worse. All the things they can't do and how deprived they are that they only got the 60 dollar shoes instead of the 80 dollar ones. Shame on us! haha
Old 02-06-2004, 09:04 AM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HARRUMPH!!!!!! I can't BELIEVE you people talking about zits, and squeezing blackheads and such...VILE!!!!

(DS17 has a TON of blackheads on his nose, and I feel the same way!!!)
Old 02-06-2004, 09:15 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking

I know we are such potty mouths!
Old 02-06-2004, 09:44 AM   #12  

Default Hey Gals!

Ellis: Yes you put it in your face =
Old 02-06-2004, 01:35 PM   #13  

Claudia, what I meant was, do I wash it off or leave it on?

Bamie, I WISH my DD would let me pick at her face! I was giving her a shoulder massage the other day, and noticed she's got them across her back, too. blah. I felt like squeezing every pore. There's nothing I enjoy more than picking at my face.

Den, have you tried those pore strips? They're pricey, but I love them.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:38 PM   #14  

Default Hi Ellis

I am sorry you wash it off after 30 minutes otherwise you can irritate your skin.. I am going to try it tonight
My co-worker said though that you need to do it every day in order to see results!
Old 02-06-2004, 01:54 PM   #15  
I'm a Core Newbie!

S/C/G: 246.2/155

Height: 5'6"

ellis, Neutrogena has a great pore-clearing body wash. I get it for dh, and it's made a big difference in his back. I had to use it myself during my last pregnancy - I got pimples on my boobs, fcol!!! Blech.
Closed Thread