South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 06:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday, February 3

Grab a coffee fast as I dash through with the tray. We rehearsed until after 12 and I got home at one! I am up and dressed because I have a radio interview in Brockville for 8 with Director Heddy! (Ellis - "somebody" Wiley who will air it at 9AM on 104.9 FM if you can stand it! Geez! I'll get to say vagina on the air! Whoo hoo!)

Not much else to say. I have no life these days except the show. I'll pop in later.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:39 AM   #2  

Hi there Ruth,
Good luck with the radio interview! I think it ought to be compulsory for every community to get that play performed at least once every five years.

I am busy today too, so zooming off now to get the laundry sorted out and then off out to therapy (me) and to therap someone else.

I will pop in later too.

xx
Old 02-03-2004, 07:29 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Good Morning Ladies! Must be a busy day for all of us. I am off to deliver hostess packets and mop the floors of our rental. Last touches before he moves in Sat. Finally it's over. I think! Have a great day all I'll check back later to see what the rest of you beach bunnies are into today.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chickies I have time to chat today and no one else does. Wow we are a busy bunch of chickies. I step on the scales this morning thinking that I would be up. And I stayed the same. I am not sure who I did that considering the fact that I ate all week-end and yesterday as well, and TOM started yesterday as well. I guess I won't kick a gift horse in the mouth. Well I am back on track today if for no other reason that I spoke to my sister last night and she is down 5 pounds and has lost alomost 5 inches. I am hoping to be thinner than her. ( i know that that is petty, but don't tell anyone that I can be that way at times) Well chickies I must go make my pot of mint green tea and answer the door to my wee ones. I have one that will be here any minute. I will return with a cup of tea in hand.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh... how exciting, Ruthie! You really do have the sexiest voice.
Okay... going to change my dial...

Clovey, enjoy your therapy! That should be compulsory for all of us, too.

Hi Bamie! Glad you've got your rental finished!

Back shortly...
Old 02-03-2004, 09:09 AM   #6  

Whoeee...started excercising today, Leslie Sansone "Walk away the pounds". Anyone else have these tapes? I feel invigorated, refreshed, and sore...haven't moved like that in a while. Hope I can keep it up, I do feel better when I excercise. Have to get up at 5:30 am to do it though...oh well....
Old 02-03-2004, 09:10 AM   #7  

Morning. Well, I am Day 5 Phase I. So far so good, except last night I seem to go on some sort of snack binge. I just could not get enough to eat after dinner. I had some ricotta cheese with the vanilla extract and equal, two part skim mozerella sticks, and two laughing cow wedges, oh yea, plus a sugar free watermelon jello, which for fyi, tastes just like a jolly rancher candy. Well after all of that I stepped on the scale this am. Why do I torture myself by stepping on that scale all the time! OY! I am going to try to step on it once a week. We'll see how that works.

Ruth, Good Luck with your radio interview, I am not sure what play you are doing, I am guessing Vagina Monologues? If I am correct, what a great show. I saw it in Chicago a couple of years ago, Maureen McCormick (sp) was one of the actors, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha....It was great!

little chick, staying the same is way better than going up?
Hello Clovey, Ellis, Bamiegurl and everyone new to come!

I hope everyone has a fabulous South Beach Day!!!

later!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:11 AM   #8  

Crap. I can't get that station. Can't even get it online. What is wrong with technology today!?
Old 02-03-2004, 09:25 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Lou Lou Belle I do have her tapes. I like them as well. I was really movin on with them when I first got them. Now I'm starting back slowly due to my knee injury. Ok now I am off to mop floors and that will probably be all the exercise for me today since I will have to do it about 3 or 4 times not to mention how big the kitchen is. I'll keep up with my time! haha
Old 02-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #10  

Talking Tuesday

Ruth - Seriously, when you say the V word, is there anything else to say? Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great.

Bamiegirl - good luck on moving. We've gone through 4 real estate transactions in 2 years, so I hope that you're doing well. Thank goodness you've finally closed!

LittleChick - Congrats on maintaining!

Sumsitup - sorry that you're so snacky. I find that having a cup of tea or chicken boullion helps me to get over the snackiness, I had it last thursday. Ate a whole pan of jello.

Louloubello - I'm glad the tapes are serving you well, and hopefully not mkaing you too sore.

As for me, I think I have found the culprit of my snagnate weight loss. My DH and I were looking for some legal phase 2 desserts. We tried this Skinny Cow low carb bar. After having the first one I reread the label (because it was ultra yummy) and it had 5 g of saturated fats. We finished the other 4, but neither of us were losing for the last week. We haven't had one for about 4 days and the weight loss seemed to pick up again.

So for me, Skinny Cow doesn't work!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #11  

Angry so sorry ellis

I didn't forget you, well maybe for a second.

But - didn't mean to leave you out.

We got a foot of snow last night, and our neighbor came over with the snow blower to help. They had a pile of trash that was bigger than most cars - I suspect that they're moving.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:57 AM   #12  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good morning, chickies! Well, almost afternoon, really. We are back from our trip to see the in-laws over the weekend. It was a rough trip in many ways. My FIL has PSP (progressive supranuclear palsy) which is the same disease Dudley Moore died from a couple of years ago. It is a progressively degenerative neurological disorder that is slowly stealing him away. We don't see him frequently, so the changes are so obvious and painful when we do see him. My MIL takes care of him, which is no easy task, but we worry because it is so hard on her, too. And of course we don't live close enough to be of any help. My SIL lives nearby, thank goodness. But she has her hands full as well! Not only does she work shiftwork as an air traffic controller, but her oldest son is severly handicapped due to brain damage caused by spinal meningitis he contracted at 3 weeks of age! This same nephew got sick over the weekend and had to be hospitalized. When it rains, it pours.

My youngest was sick the entire weekend-turns out he has strep throat and an ear infection. He is finally feeling better today, back to school tomorrow. So just when I think life is getting back to what passes for normal around here, my DH tears a muscle in his back. We spent the morning in the local emergency room. I wanted to call for an ambulance because he was in such horrid pain, but he wouldn't let me. So instead I drove him myself after him having to contort his pain wracked body into the seat of my smallish SUV. That was at the crack of dawn this morning, and things seem to be calming down somewhat. Whew!

I was amazed to see my MIL...she has been doing SBD for a few months and althought I didn't think she had much to lose she has dropped a ton! She is a true believer, and I have to tell you, being around her was an inspiration. I mean, the woman has her hands full to say the least, yet she manages to stay OP even though she isn't looking to drop any more weight! She has to cook different food for my FIL because he can't swallow very well and needs to GAIN weight...but she still does it! My MIL is the best...I adore her, and now she is my role model!

Sorry for the long rant/whine, but it has been a tough couple of days. I needed to come here and remind myself that life goes on and that this is just a cloudy patch. I'll try and dive back in tomorrow and get with the program. I just bought myself the little SBD book...the one with all the lists of acceptable foods? I haven't even cracked the cover, but I promise I will....today.

I had better go check on my "patients" and see what Nurse Franny can do for them! Hopefully they just want to be left alone!

Cheers, chickies! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 02-03-2004, 01:10 PM   #13  

Franny - glad to see you're back. We missed you so much!
Old 02-03-2004, 01:14 PM   #14  

Oh... Franny... What a miserable time you've been having. I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'm glad your little love is getting better. You must have been so frightened trying to get him to a doctor.
You go ahead and whinge with the rest of us. Hugs and prayers for you and all of your family.

Pebbles, how rude of you to forget me.

Sum, at least you binged on OP foods! (not like that Pebbles girl)

Just had a two hour nap. I'll make it through this day yet!

hugs to all...
Old 02-03-2004, 01:31 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from the interview and a morning refereeing hassles over tech stuff with our folks and the Art Centre crew. I am now going for a nap before heading back to town for tonight's tech rehearsal. The interview went well - too bad nobody heard it! It is snowing really hard right now - heading for Ottawa, Ellis and Mauvais.
Closed Thread