South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 02:45 PM   #1  

Question Low carb dairy-free shakes

Does anyone have a recipe or a ready made product that I can take to work and drink instead of a meal? I am a busy kindergarten teacher and it is sometimes hard for me to sit and eat a meal. A shake would be easy to carry around and sip as I work. I am severly lactose intolerant, so I can't do Atkins shakes as they have dairy in them.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:57 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Chilichick, I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but you might want to consider smoothies. Last year there was a period I couldn't chew due to orthodontics. I was worried about getting enough protein so I started making smoothies with silken tofu, frozen fruit and yogurt. You could substitute soy milk for the yogurt, I would think. You didn't say if you were on Phase 1 or 2, so fruit may not be an option for you right now. I would make up a batch and take it to work in an insulated mug. It was great tasting and really filling.

You might also be able to find some lunches and snacks that are very portable and don't take much time to fix ahead.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2004, 08:59 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

I just reread your post and noticed you were looking for something you could sip on while you work. The smoothies I made were perfect for that. I also realized I didn't say how much stuff I used. If you are interested just PM me or post here. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Irish, I have a protein shake I make with whey powder, Splenda, water, pasteurized egg white and some cottage cheese. You could substitute tofu for the last ingredient, I'm sure. I flavour it with Crystal Lite or some sf Jello powder - just a bit so it doesn't gel. You could also eliminate the tofu and use Eggbeaters instead.
Closed Thread