South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Cravings

My dr told me that cravings for chocolate and sweets is very real, an addiction like cigarettes or alcohol -- both of which I've been hooked on and I remember the withdrawal. I didn't think it worked the same with sweet cravings. So tonight I'm finding out it's true. I am on day 4 and I'm not hungry. I am just being wracked with these horrible cravings for M&Ms and I feel like I felt when I wanted a cigarette real bad. If there wasn't snow on the road, I'd probably have gone to buy some from WaWa. How do you all handle the cravings?

thanks,
Cassie
Old 01-15-2004, 07:45 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Irish...you and I started at the same time, I am also wrapping up day 4! Have you bought any of the Splenda fudgsicles? I am using those to help with my chocolate and sweet cravings. They are very good, and I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners. There was a whole section at my grocery store of fudgsicle type bars sweetened with Splenda. I think the ones I bought are by Bluebunny, because they had the less calories...only 60 per bar.

I have also started drinking a flavored tea before I go to bed...it keeps me occupied while I am watching tv, I flavor it with a bit of Splenda also. I have the Madagascar vanilla red that everyone has been talking about and yesterday I bought a box of the cinnamon apple. They are both very good.

I find I am not craving foods...I just want them. I know they will taste really really good , but I am doing my best. I have to get this weight off, I am tired of it! Right now the one thing keeping me going is that I have already lost 5 lbs, and that was just in 3 days...so I really don't want to blow it.

Good Luck to ya!!! Lets post our losses on Monday and see how our first week has gone...or is there a Monday morning weigh ins thread started every Monday where everyone posts their losses? That would be nice

Bye!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:36 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

I made it through with hot tea, and lots of snacks! They weren't the snacks I would have preferred, but they were snacks and they kept me busy until the hard part was over. Phase 2 is going to be so much easier, please don't give up!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default thanks

hi ChazMom,

it sure helps when someone else is in the boat too,

I got some store brand chocolate pops w/Splenda and that's helped. Wish it had peanuts in it though,

I don't know if there's a weigh in on Mondays, it would be nice! Well at any rate, we can check in w/each other, right? It helps to have a buddy!

Cassie
Old 01-15-2004, 08:45 PM   #5  

Hey! Take that fudge pop and roll it in the 20 peanuts you are allowed to have and see if that does the trick for ya!

If there is not an official Monday weigh in every week...I say we start one

See ya!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:13 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, please start one. I should remember to do that but I am focussing on things other than weightloss lately - blood sugar levels, for example.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:07 PM   #7  

HI ladies! I'd love to be a part of your monday weigh in!! I just joined 3FC, and started SBD on monday.

On the cravings- that is me EXACTLY! I'm not really hungry- I just want cookies. But the good thing is, I never really noticed how often I was eating cookies before! If you'd asked me if cookies were my favorite sweet or if I ate them regularly, I would have said heck no, Key Lime Pie is my fave! But I realize now that while I know better than to eat pie every day, the same isn't true of cookies.

So I'm trying to think about cravings, and what they're saying to me.

But, I'm still looking for some yummy sweets to go along with those thoughts! LOL
Old 01-18-2004, 05:59 PM   #8  

Hi everybody. I'm a "newbie" to the site and the diet. I started SBD last Tuesday and so far so good, I think, except I know what you mean about "missing" sweets. I also use the flavored teas and also the sugar-free jello. I'd also be interesting in that weigh-in that you guys were talking about...Good luck to all
Old 01-18-2004, 08:54 PM   #9  

Look for the weigh in thread in the morning....If ya'll are ready to brag about your losses and I'm not up yet..feel free to start it!!!!

Will see you there!! Glad we got some chicks interested in it

Bye!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:13 PM   #10  

Chaz, I'll be happy w/ a weight-stay (no loss but no gain either!). That TOM is kicking my butt as far as munchies and feeling bloated.
On the good side, my Mom has decided to try SBD. She bought the book yesterday and now I'll have more support here at home.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:40 PM   #11  

My biggest weakness has always been chocolate covered peanuts (or any nut for that matter). Dr. Agistan's ricotta recipe helped me there and I have it every day for a snack.(It's a phase 1 dessert - I had to play with the amts before it was to my taste though) It is 1/2 cup lowfat ricotta cheese, 1 TBL. baking cocoa (no sugar), 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 package sweetener (I use Equal, because that is what I have), 1 oz. peanuts (or about 20 small). Mix and enjoy. Now that I'm no longer on phase 1, I may mix the peanuts with fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding.
Closed Thread