South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 07:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Wednesday, November 5

Happy Hump Day to all!

Darn dogs got me up at 4 this morning and I discovered I'd slept in my clothes! The shoulder I broke was aching badly so I took extra-strength Tylenol and lay down to read at 9:30. That's all I remember although the light was off this morning and I did have a quilt over me. It sure speeds things up in the morning when you are already dressed!

Ellis, did you get much snow and freezing rain yesterday? You can keep it all if you like.

Whimsey, I hope you perked up enough to deal with *****y drawers at cards. Has she seen the error of her ways yet ellis

Sflake, quit bragging about your weather while we freeze! Where the heck are you on the East Coast - Florida? Nope, that's Mottsl who is in Florida and finds it muggy.

Welcome back, Deets. We missed you but your Beach towel was still here so we knew you'd be back. Your visit sounds like a lot of fun.

Sil, I don't know about the tanning studios for Light Therapy. We have skin cancer in my family and I wonder about that. I looked at light boxes yesterday online. I've not ordered one yet.

at Rowan. I hope the thumb recovers fast. Maybe you should just say it happened in bed and they'll think it was a sports injury. When are you going to tell us about your new business?

Happy Canuk, seven pounds in Week 1. Good for you. I hope you get some sun out there. It's too darn early for winter!

Lizzie, Marcie and Franny - how goes it?

Lorraine and I had a good natter yesterday. We did NOT do any chores although she came dressed to work in the garden. The cold and rain made us change our minds really fast! The Lifeline installer came after lunch and was a real hit with the Girls as he had doggie treats in his pocket. He's a retired guy from around here who volunteers to do the Lifeline installations. I hope Harry never has to us the Lifeline but it certainly will help me feel better when I'm doing my much curtailed road running.

We go to the lawyer to sign and pick up our PAs this morning, home for a quick lunch and then Hersh and I go to her job.

So what's on your plate for today?
Old 11-05-2003, 07:27 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I fell asleep in my clothes last night, too! I was doing a bit of renovating yesterday, and discovered a handfull of nails in my pocket when I woke up this morning.
No hot flashes last night. I wonder if it was the metal...

Ruth, I hope your shoulder is better this morning.
Yes, there's still some snow on the ground. Lots of freezing rain last night. I can see some dripping going on right now, though...
Glad to hear you got one of those Lifeliners... those are GREAT!

I'm going to have a productive day... I'm going to have a productive day...

love and hugs to all
Old 11-05-2003, 07:38 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Morning All!!

Ruth~ I'm in Connecticut. Hope your shoulder heals nicely. My dh had the same trouble with his shoulder yesterday. It rainy again today. I fell asleep at around 9 last night, quite early for me. I was in my pj's didn't even think to speed things up by sleeping in my clothes I sent you a pm on some full spectrum lights, they say they work. What are these light boxes you speak of?

Ellis~ My SIL wears a magnetic bracelet and swears by it, says it gets rid of all sorts of ailments.

Welcome back Deets

Hi to Whimsey, Den, Lizzie, Franny, Sil, Rowan, Marcie, Happy Canuck, and all you other beautiful beach chickies.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:47 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Ruth I just saw your pics...what a BEAUTIFUL area you live in, not to mention those 2 gorgeous fur balls...

Ellis~ what happened to your pics? They are gone with the wind...
Old 11-05-2003, 07:49 AM   #5  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

I am still chuckling over the "It sure speeds things up in the morning when you are already dressed! " Very funny, I'll have to remember that line. I have found the first 2 days on the beach that I have felt tired, in fact I was in bed by 9pm last night, after first falling asleep during my favorite TV show.....24. But I do awaken early, i think a bit before 5am today. It is getting quite cold here in Kansas too, the wind was up yesterday...brrrrrr! Time for me to get out the sewing machine and try desperately to figure it out. I have only sewn in the past with my Grandmother's assistance. The greyhounds need coats, they lack the fat layer most pups have, and the thin fur doesn't provide much warmth for them either. Have a great day everybody. Time for me to put on a pot of coffee. Karla
Old 11-05-2003, 08:36 AM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I slept in my clothes last night too!!! Actually got close to 6 hours sleep last night!! The doctor said some of the problems I have been having lately are related to my depression, but that MOST of it was side effects from the meds!!! IF I'D KNOWN THAT I WOULD HAVE GONE IN 6 MONTHS AGO!!!! Anyway, she switched my meds around, and i'm starting the new stuff today. She said it might even help me with the weight loss!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:36 AM   #7  

Good morning...My whole body ached this morning!! Had to get up and do some stretches!!

Ruth, *****y drawers wasn't there yesterday...she hasn't changed a bit though....I mostly just ignore her.

Tomorrow is my surgery day...I am getting apprehensive. Wish me luck. I will try to give ya'll a word when I can...don't worry about me though...I may not be on the computer for a few days.

I have not been sleeping well at all....I wake up in the middle of the night and think of my son...I worry about him so much.

Take care guys....have a good OP day.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin beach ladies Sure is a HOT and muggy one here in FL already. I should go and turn on the a/c. This afternoon we're going to go to the Memorial place and put Dad's ashes there. Then tomorrow we have to meet with the attorney one last time before I head back home.

I can't tell you how excited and anxious I am to go home I can just imagine how messy the place is!

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:28 AM   #9  
Imagine...

Oh Motts here is a (((hug)))

Whimsey : for your surgery sweetie
Old 11-05-2003, 10:59 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Good Morning Lovely Ones

Motts-my thoughts and prayers are with you today.......I completely understand....

Whimsey--relax and breathe, your surgery will go well and we are all here for you with good thoughts about your son and grandkids

Ruth--tee hee the thumb is worse today, went to the chiropractor yesterday and he yanked on it --said it is swollen and sore --duh now it is way too painful. My new business website will be up soon and when it is I will post it. I will let you know that it involved dogs and travel....two of my most favorite things!!!!!

ellis--yes this will be a productive day

Sending beachy thoughts to everyone 2Day!!
Old 11-05-2003, 12:19 PM   #11  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Thumbs down

Morning, Beauties!!!

I laughed until I almost fell off the computer chair over the "slept in my clothes" stuff from Ruth, Ellis, and Den!
Is this a far north thingie??? Sflake, I'm happy you remembered to pull on your PJ's before retiring! I grew up calling them that ,also. When I mentioned PJ's to my grandkids, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about! I took advantage of that situation as an important learning experience!

Skinny...good luck, hon, on the sewing. My mom used to help me out all the time when she was alive. I'm not the seamstress she was by far, but I can do simple things.
Den...I hope you have the righrt meds now. I know how long it took my niece to get hers straightened out. Her weight was up and down until then.
Whimsey...you are in my thoughts right now. Sending you lots of for support.
Motts...have a safe trip home, hon!

It's good to be back amongst you, everyone! I missed you all. Thanks for keeping my Beach towel warm for me, Ruth! I'm ready to take the plunge back into the SBD waters! Today I get back on program. I bought lots of healthy foods at my favorite store in Dallas...Whole Foods. Got some great organic whole grain crackers that I will put some lite Laughing Cow on later for a snack.
Today is my "catch up on ironing" kind of day. Sounds exciting, right?? Wrong!!!! Oh, well, somebody has to do these meanial things!
Have a beautiful day, Beach Buddies. My 80 degree day from yesterday just turned rotten!!!! A cold front came wooshing in last night and we woke up to the 40's this morning. Supposed to get down to 28 degrees by Friday night. Which one of you Canadians shoved it down here!!!!?
Have a great one, everyone!
~Sharon
Hi, Marcie!!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:43 PM   #12  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey all!

Just wanted to check in. Things going well on the job. i have my final exam tommorow and I am slightly nervous but I feel confident, since I only missed two today on the pre-test. Send me best wishes and luck!

Today I put on my jeans and felt so bloated. I don't know what I ate or if I did not get enough fluid yesterday (not time for AF) but I could barely get my jeans on. I've been OP for the last 3 days with no cheats, so this is really weird. I feel normal now....but I was letting some curses slip this morning while I was getting dressed! :0

very strange indeed....

well gotta run, but I wish everyone else a happy rest of the day.

Whimesey- you will do just fine in your surgery, best of luck. You will be in my thoughts.

Catch ya all later.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:15 PM   #13  

well guys...my bags are packed and as soon as DH gets home we will head off to the city...(OKC) He will return home tonight and I will be left there with friends. This is so strange for me...I am usually the care giver!!! My dear sweet friends are taking me to the hospital tomorrow and nurseing me afterwords. Friday they are taking me back to the Doctor and then delivering me home Friday evening. They will be here for the rest of the weekend to make sure my needs are met. They are such a great couple and dear sweet friends...I don't know what I would do without them...this will be my last post till after surgery...so...ya'll stay OP and be good...I don't want to have to come back and calm ya'll down... behave now and don't have to much fun without me....Love you guys!! laters,
Old 11-05-2003, 04:59 PM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Whimsey, hugs and prayers for tomorrow. We'll be thinking about you...

Emily, good luck with your exam tomorrow!

Welcome back, Sharon! Yes, it's so damned cold up here in Canada, we don't dare take our clothes off at night for fear of freezing to death. Den is practically Canadian.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:06 PM   #15  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Den wishes she WAS Canadian!!! (Even MORE after seeing Ruth's pictures!!!)
I'd have problems staying away from the Buttertarts though!!!

Well, I did it AGAIN!!! 3 nights in a row sleeping in my clothes on the couch. And today after i took the kids to school I came home and fell asleep on the couch AGAIN...STILL in my clothes!!! I didn't get my meds until tonight, so I'll be starting them tomorrow. I REALLY hope they help because 3 nights of minimal sleep and then sleeping 5 1/2 hours during the day today does NOT help me get things done!!!

Whimsey-We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!!
Closed Thread