South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 05:03 PM   #1  

Wink Cheater Cheater Punkin Eater

Hi Chickies~ I have a question I am hoping lots of you will be able to answer....
I "planned" a cheat today. I began SBD on 10/20 and a few days ago I realized that I had a catering at work...so I decided that I would cheat. Other than that I have been pretty much to the letter and will continue from here on out NOT CHEATING while on my SBD way of life.
Here's my question......if YOU have cheated, what type of cheat was it and what was the damage?
Thanks Bunches!!!
jenyne
Old 10-29-2003, 05:06 PM   #2  
Imagine...

1/2 a crusty loaf of Italian bread with butter...no damage at all to my weight. I did feel like I had been drugged and had to sleep it off
Old 10-29-2003, 05:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Jenyne... I've been cheating for about two months!! I've gained back only two pounds, though, and I'm starting afresh on Saturday.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:52 PM   #4  
Imagine...

Damn, now I want bread & butter
Old 10-29-2003, 07:03 PM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

Ummmmm......I don't think I want to go there......

Good for you ellis for only gaining 2 over the past 2 months!! You can just say that you've been on Phase 3 and maintaining, which is really what you've been doing!! Don't call it cheating!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:58 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

I've been playing with the same 2 lbs. for a couple of weeks now up and down. So Sunday my DH and I shared a wonderful dessert, Mountain Berry blitz, with a berry sauce, over a blueberry cake and icecream on top,with raspberry sauce over all. Just yummy. 1/2 lb up and then today 1/2 lb. gone. So I can't give much insight about what making Off Plan choices do.

Anyway, I went back to a couple of days of Phase 1. But I broke down today and had some fruit. Guess I'm just a hopeless case. : Life goes on, and the plan continues. Lizzie
Old 10-30-2003, 12:04 AM   #7  

Default way of life

hi! i stray daily. and it still works for me if i stick to it 80%. the losses are not the 8-13lbs predicted but they are still losses. i figure i have to deal with temptations in life and i won't always be perfect so i stray and move on. if i stray too far away, i come back to phase one and i come here for wonderful support.

kathy
Old 10-30-2003, 05:28 AM   #8  
Mous

What have I cheated with.......NUTS!!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:11 AM   #9  

Oh, Marcie... how could I forget. NUTS! There were times when I would eat two bags a day! I still figured it was better than eating chips and chocolate, though.

Thanks for the encouragement, Twodog.

Lizzie, you are NOT a hopeless case. Eating fruit is much better than eating some other crap. Like ummm... bread and butter, Sflake?

Kathy, you have a great attitude!!
Old 10-31-2003, 01:48 PM   #10  

I have cheated a few times...ok quite a few times over the past 2 weeks. I had a bowl of cinnamon LIFE cereal for breakfast today for example. I took the kids to Golden Corral for dinner a few nights ago and had a small scoop of mac-n-cheese then a couple bites of carrot cake. I am still in phase 1, I know it's sad I can't resist for 2 weeks! I have lost 5 pounds. I think just the difference in what I am eating most of the time is so much better than before SBD the small amounts I cheat don't make that much of a difference. I have noticed I no longer shake from blood sugar drops before meals which is a great big plus for me! I have also noticed when I do cheat I feel very bloated and miserable.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:54 PM   #11  

Hello

I was going to say I pretty much cheat everyday, but then I read someone post above & now i'll say i'm on phase 3 and maintaining. I have not lost or gained any weight. But starting tomorrow i'm going back on phase 1.

OH, I have had cheesecake, cake, ice cream, I only have a small slice & only 1 piece.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:03 PM   #12  

My cheat today- cherry quark.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:09 PM   #13  
Imagine...

Jocaro what is cherry quark?
Old 10-31-2003, 07:12 PM   #14  

Hi Beach Beauties,

I am new to the beach and so glad I have found you because it appears there are others having the same "challenges" we are...we being my husband and I. This is day 12 and we were bummed out because we have each only lost 5 pounds despite strict adherence to phase l. But, as I have just read, it could be our ages...I am 54 and my beloved is 49....so we shall persevere into phase 2 and see what happens...I guess any weight loss is still better than no loss or, God forbid, a gain!

However, I am overjoyed that I am losing weight without the ravenous hunger I experienced with WW...18-23 points (900-1150 calories) a day left me obsessed with food because I was starving within minutes of meals...mind you that was with meals weighted to carbs...low glycemic but still a high carb, low fat, low protein approach.

The SBD approach seems to satisfy longer and hunger pangs are just that...pangs, not gut wrenching pain, mood swings and mental confusion.

Although phase 1 has not be difficult...just a tad boring...I am sooo looking forward to a glass of milk and an apple!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:19 PM   #15  

Welcome, Featherweight! Come and join us... all over!
Closed Thread