South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 02:02 PM   #1  
In Control: E+R=O

Default The amazing power of a good support group!

Hello Beach Beauties!!

I've been away for a little while, but I'm back now! I took some time away from the computer, to try to get caught up with work, life, and sleep. I thought that I was spending just too much time on the computer, and I thought I needed to be more productive.

What I learned while I was away.....

--> No matter what I do, I'll never get caught up with work. Life is just to darn short to spend most of my waking hours thinking about or working on "work". I need to just do what I can do, do my best, and that will have to be good enough. I have promised myself that I am going to stop bringing work home with me, and that work will stay at work and home will mean ME time.

--> Family is so important, and it is not OK to let work interfere with time spent with family. I've done that too many times in my life, but that has to stop now. There may be a rare occasion where work will need to take priority, but that will happen only rarely, and only if I have the chance to "make it up" somehow.

--> Life is too short to eliminate those things that I enjoy doing (like reading and posting on this board) in order to just focus on "obligations", such as trying to keep a perfectly clean house, organized desk, manicured lawn, etc, etc. Of course certain obligations need to be met, but life is meant to be enjoyed too. I need to be able to do work both fun and obligations into my life in a better balance.

--> The support and friendships that I find here are very powerful forces in my life as I strive to make this new WOE a permanent WOL. When I don't come here for support and comraderie, I tend to feel alone and just kind of wander through the days, forgetting why I'm making these changes and slipping more and more often. Over the past two weeks, I've strayed from the plan, and even though I haven't really gained any pounds, I haven't lost either (I see the scale go up one pound one day, then down the next, then up again the next....I've been playing with a pound or two and not going anywhere). I really value the friendships that I've made on this forum, we have a special "kinship" when we're all facing the same struggles, and it means a lot to me to be able to share my struggle with you all. Besides, coming here keeps me honest (with you, and therefore with myself!).

So, I'm back! I may not post every single day, but I'm not going to wander away for such a long time again. I have to get back to work (I'm posting this on my lunch break), but I'll be back to get caught up with everyone later.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome back, Twodog. We've missed you. I LOVE your "lessons learned". You are one smart girl.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:37 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI 2DOG!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you back!! Family and friends are DEFINITELY the most important things in life!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:12 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back! Too bad it takes us so long to realize the Meaning of Life! I'm still fumbling sometimes at my advanced age.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:08 PM   #5  
vmr

Good for YOU!! Sometimes those lessons are learned too late in life to do anything about them. I agree 100%. Victoria
Old 10-27-2003, 07:12 PM   #6  
Captain of MY Destiny!

2Dog, I wholeheartedly agree! I took a mini-break myself last week, and am so glad to be back! I was feeling like I spent too much time here when other things needed done. But the bottom line is, I NEED TO BE HERE!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:03 AM   #7  
Mous

Well said.

From my heart to yours I MISSED YOU!

Marcie
Old 10-28-2003, 09:18 AM   #8  

Hello, TwoDog!

I was wondering - are you on Pet Talk? Your name sounds familiar, but I haven't seen it on there lately. If you look for me on there, I'm Stacwase.

Anyways - nice to meet you!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:23 AM   #9  
Imagine...

better to learn late than never Welcome back 2dog we sure missed you.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:00 PM   #10  
In Control: E+R=O

Thanks everybody! I feel so loved! That's one of the things I like about this place!!

Stacey, no, that's not me! Kind of scary thinking there may be two of me out there!!
Closed Thread