South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 11:26 AM   #1  

Default Please help! I'm beached!!

Hi Ladies....I started SB 10/20 and I have been very faithful to it (except overboard with pistachios a couple times ). Almost instantly, I lost 3 lbs, now it is back to only 2 lbs. DH who is also on SB lost 2 lbs and has been cheating (nachos, cinnamon roll, etc). A co-worker of mine, also male, has now lost 12 lbs on Atkins and he has been on it for about 2 wks. So now, I obviously feel discouraged but I have questions too!
1) How long did it take to lose the 8-13 that is common during Phase 1?
2) Why is it that even though I don't feel a huge difference in my clothes, I feel a difference in my body? My curves (i.e. waist) is obvious again, and is it in my mind, but I don't feel my tummy flopping quite as much as b4??
3) Will the weight loss suddenly just be there or am I immune to this diet and Phase 2 will make things worse?
Please help me Chicks, I am really unsure!!
Thanks much,
jenyne
PS-it is just about TOM, does this factor in? Gals, I am begging for your stories of Phase 1
Old 10-27-2003, 11:36 AM   #2  

I'm so sorry- one more 'sensitive' concern I am having.....I am having trouble with regularity since landing on the beach. Someone suggested flaxseed which I began over the weekend, but I really don't feel the full effects yet. Just haven't felt 'cleaned out' yet. Has anyone else gone thru this? I apologize if I have offended anyone.
thanks, jenyne
Old 10-27-2003, 12:48 PM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey jenyne, I lost 5 the first week and then it took forever to see another loss. I have been doing this for 4 weeks or more now and have only lost 10 altogether. I do know what you mean on the bathroom thing. Try uping your veggies and water. Good luck.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Jenyne. You're too sweet. Some of the other girls will have suggestions for you re: the bathroom thing. I've never had that problem.
With regard to the weight loss... you're DEFINITELY retaining water from your period. It'll start coming off again...
I only lost 5 pounds the first two weeks (on Phase I). But I lost 6 pounds during the first two weeks of Phase II. It'll all even out... keep it up, hon.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:16 PM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Magnesium tabs work great for constipation. i buy the ones that have mag, calcium and zinc combined and take once a day as needed.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:27 PM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Sugar free metamucil works for me!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:15 PM   #7  

Yup - metamucil definitely does the trick. [blush]
Old 10-28-2003, 05:06 AM   #8  
Mous

I am 3+ months and counting.
I have lost 17.5 pounds, but I have GAINED a healthy attitude, a healthy way of eating and a new healthy figure.
Throw out the word diet, replace it with health and forgive yourself when you slip.

Lady
Old 10-28-2003, 11:00 AM   #9  
Fighter

I lose in spurts, and then get stuck for a while. When I first went on, I think I lost like 4 lbs in the first 2 weeks. (I had switched over from Atkins, so I knew I wouldn't lose as much as 8 or more lbs). Then I don't lose anything for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden I lose 3 or 4 lbs, then I don't lose anything for a while, and then I lose a few lbs again. I think in combination with the muscle building and exercising I'm doing, it's okay. Even when I'm not losing lbs, I'm losing inches, and that's all that matters to me. Besides, I feel great, and I don't care so much about the scale anymore!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:27 PM   #10  

Thank you all so much for the advice and kind words. It REALLY helps. I am still strong in my perserverance and positive that this IS going to work for me. I am feeling so much better about myself.
Thanks,
jenyne
Old 10-29-2003, 11:25 AM   #11  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 219/211.4/140

Height: 5'6

Get your measurements and use those. I did the scale at first and became a maniac. Now I am back to how I feel. Looser clothes, better attitude do you soo much better.

TOM will make you crazy...you probably lost fat...stay with it and it will show up in the clothing.

BTW- Scale is out-for as long as can.....handle...it......Must stay off!!!!!
Closed Thread