South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 03:58 PM   #1  
Believe it & Achieve it

Default I have a question

I'm a little confused about the plan in that it says we can have dessert and then it says that we can have a treat 75 cal or less.

Is it both or one in the same? the first day I tried a ricotta dessert, I could not find lemon zest/peel whatever so I bought Orange peel and made it with that. It turned out kind of like an orange creamsicle, but it needed some adjustments, I did not like it all that well. I ate half, threw the rest out.

Right before bed I had a mug of sugar free hot chocolate 50 cal.

Then I realized I might be screwing it up so I did not try the ricotta dessert again but only had a mug of sf hot chocolate last night.

Can someone please explain? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:38 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The ricotta desseert is not an "extra" treat although it usually tastes pretty darn good. You may need to experiment to get a taste that you like. Some chicks put in sugar-free Jello power ( about 1/4 package or less) and others have tried cocoa powder and Splenda.
So go ahead and have the ricotta creme AND your SF hot chocolate 50 calorie treat! This plan is flexible!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:42 PM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth is right, the plan is flexible. Sometimes I have a ricotta dessert for breakfast. I like to mix 1/2 ricotta cheese with 1/2 cottage cheese and mix in some SF/FF instant pudding powder, blend WELL in a processor.
This is in addition to your 75 cals of SF foods that are allowed per day.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:10 PM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

I don't think you can buy lemon zest but have to cut it off of a lemon. Just use the yellowest part and none of the pith (the white stuff) as it is bitter.

My favorite way to fix the ricotta is mix a 16 ounce container of ricotta and about 1/4 cup of fat free half and hal in the food proccessor for a few minutes. Then I add a small pack of fatfree, sugar free pudding mix and whip that up. It gets thick and smooth, kind of like mousse. I love the chocolate but lately I have been LOVING the vanilla! It is like custard! Sometimes I warm it up in the microwave before I eat it...mmmm...warm vanilla custard. Talk about comfort food!
Old 10-22-2003, 11:26 AM   #5  

I just started the SBD on Monday. So far so good. Craving like a mad woman!!! Franny that sounds great!! might be just what I need for cravings. Does that count as my 75 cal of sweets?
Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 12:06 PM   #6  

Someone suggested putting pumkin spice in the ricotta dessert...tried it and loved it!!

Bought sugar free frudge bars yesterday and had two of them

I just can not have any of the treats. I do not have the self control.

I am like an alcoholic when it comes to chocolate and other treats and I just have to stay away from them.

I have been on this since July 21 and that was the first time that I slipped.
I have been reading on the other site about cookies and cakes that fit into this plan but they will never fit in for me because I will always over indulge. I have been quiet satisfied without them for 3 months so that is how I will continue.
I envy those of you that can have them but glad that I finally relized that I can not .

Sorry for rambling on!!
Old 10-22-2003, 12:07 PM   #7  
Walkn my way to thinville

Frannymae.....

That sounds like a wonderful dessert but I dont have a food processor.....can you recommend one I don't have the first clue on what to shop for

Thanks!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 01:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/166/158

Height: 5'6"

I have a very small Toastmaster food chopper that cost me around $10 and it works well for this kind of thing. I also use it to chop veggies into small bits and I add chopped veggies to almost everything I make now.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #9  

Great I will check it out!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #10  
Believe it & Achieve it

Thanks for the ideas for the ricotta desserts....

I made one that was delish today! Made SF/FF Jell-o, raspberry flavor. Let it soft set, put in blender with ricotta and cottage cheese and then finish letting it set in the fridge...delish! Even my dot loved it.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:42 AM   #11  

MMMMMMMmmmmmm Ricotta with anything makes me happy.

I could eat this for every meal. and I almost am. I decided to go with it and allow myself to get truely sick and tired of it. It'll work better than succumbing to a true high carbo chocolate craving.

Can you tell that I'm not through this yet?
Old 10-23-2003, 06:19 AM   #12  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Quote:
Originally posted by godsgrace
I just started the SBD on Monday. So far so good. Craving like a mad woman!!! Franny that sounds great!! might be just what I need for cravings. Does that count as my 75 cal of sweets?
Thanks
I don't count it towards my sweets...ricotta is just part of the "plan" for me!
Old 10-23-2003, 08:03 AM   #13  

Emily,

Wow that sounds great, sweets are one of my downfalls. Im a little clueless about cooking. I'm just starting to learn but what does softset mean? I just read your post again and realized what soft set meant.....duh Ive made jello a thousand times. LOL. How much cottage cheese and ricotta cheese did you use? Thanks!!!!

Last edited by NewMeToBe; 10-23-2003 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:05 PM   #14  

Can I jump in here Chickies? I must be alone in this but I tried the ricotta dessert (the one with cocoa) the first night and darn near gagged!! The ricotta is so thick, left such a film in my mouth so that I overindulged on pistachios (only cheat so far!) to get the taste and feeling outta there!!
Also, the ricotta I have isn't low fat, so maybe I should just stay away! It was the only one I could find between our two stores (small rural area)
I have been having 2 to 3 servings of cheese daily...is this okay??
Thanks!
jenyne
Old 10-23-2003, 12:31 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jenyne, I usually thin it a bit with egg white or dilute the Jello in a bit of hot water. That seems to smooth it out. Of course, I do it in my small "Oscar" food processor so that may be the trick. (I did once add some Philadelphia Ultra Low Fat cream cheese and it was really yummy!)
Closed Thread