South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 10:27 AM   #1  

Default Brand New South Beacher

Hello all, I just started the SBD...today. I bought the book on Friday and my husband and I both agreed to start this Monday morning.
Honestly...I am scared to death....of failing. I know that isn't the right attitude, but I really want this to work. I felt like there were alot of variables in the book....at times I felt it wasn't specific enough, and maybe that is where my lack of confidence is coming from.
I would LOVE some fellow support (I am a pretty good cheerleader!) and also would love to hear from those that have been on SBD and would like to share there successes thus far.
Thanks much!
jenyne
Old 10-20-2003, 10:34 AM   #2  
Fighter

When I read the book, I was a little nervous too. I didn't feel like I was clear enough on exactly what to do.... I did make some mistakes, like eating green peas on Phase I (I figured if snow peas were okay, green peas should be... but then in the Phase II section I find green peas under starches to be limited.... oops) but those little mistakes aren't going to set you back too far, even if you do make them. Also, this forum has helped tremendously. If anything is unclear, just ask, there's sure to be someone who knows! I have lost weight on SBD, not as much as the average person, but that's because I switched over from Atkins induction phase. I've lost 8 lbs on SBD, I know that's not a lot considering it's been a month, but I'm being patient with myself. I recommend the same for you, and hang in there! You can do it! :-D
Old 10-21-2003, 03:10 PM   #3  

Today is day 2 for me and even tho I cheated yesterday (had a buncha pistachios b4 bed), I feel stronger that I made it thru day one. I already lost 2 lbs, so I am definitely feeling better.
Please share how some of you that have beached for awhile are doing!!
thanks!!
jenyne
Old 10-21-2003, 04:42 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Jenyne. There's lots of support and good information here. Be sure to join us in Just Chat or the Dailies and feel free tos tat a new thread on any topic or question you may have.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:47 PM   #5  

thanks so much Ruth.....I used to hang around here several months ago while doing a "modified" WW plan...yeah, like that's effective! ...so it is good to be back, hopefully with a way of life that I can stick with!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:37 PM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome to the beach, Jenyne
Old 10-22-2003, 05:32 AM   #7  
Mous

WELCOME

I have been doing SBD for 3+ months.

I have lost 17.5 pounds.

The inches are melting away. 8 from my hips and 2 from my waist.

I think the key to this program is replacing the word diet with health.

If you eat healthy you also think healthy.

Don't become wrapped up in numbers, either.

It is great to see them go down, but, it is better to feel good, walk farther and breath better.

Use common sense, stay away from all "white" foods, or sample them from time to time.

Allow for slips and enjoy the new you that is waiting to emerge.

You CAN and WILL do this.

PM me anytime.

GOOD LUCK

Lady
Old 10-22-2003, 09:51 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome Jenyne to the beach. You will get lots of support here. I have be doing SBD for a month and I have lost 10 pounds. But I have been slipping a little the last week. I need to get myself back on track. You will do great here. If you need anything just ask and you will recieve all the answers you need. Have a great day.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:45 PM   #9  

Thanks for the welcome Sil, Lady, and little chick!! Today is day 3.....sometimes I think WOW day 3 already!! And other times it's UGH...day 3. I can't say I really miss or crave any foods. That may be due to the fact that for the previous 3 weeks I literally slashed the amount of breads, potatoes and pop in my regular diet. I think the most difficult things for me are; having to take extra time to prepare salads, chicken, etc and just the fact that I "can't" eat certain things...I really hate that.
This is definitely not easy >LOL!
Did anyone else discover how costly some of the foods are? I tell myself that I am saving in the long run since dh and I are not buying lunch out every day.
I hope I have what it takes b/c, no offense Lady, but reading about you being OP for 3 months scares the heck outta me!! Bravo to you all for your successes!
jenyne
Old 10-22-2003, 10:29 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Welccome Jenye: Don't let 3 months scare you. this is going to develop into a way of life that you will follow forever. Health is the optimum word. I have found that the more weight you have to lose, the faster, and the more you will lose. Those of us who have a much smaller amount to lose, have a slower result. But I just know I am healthier for it, and it is going down gradually. 1 lb this week. 10 more to go. My DH is also doing this with me now, as he has a few lbs to get rid of.

I just know that my last blood work showed positive results. Good cholesterol up, bad down, tryglycerides down. What could be better. And haaving done WW for a long time, I am happy not to have to count, write, weigh, everything I put in my mouth. A great relief. I appreciate Dr. Aggatson saying this is a plan that we can live for a life time, and all the measuring counting, etc. is not a realistic permanent life style.

Keep up the good work. Lizzie
Old 10-23-2003, 10:11 AM   #11  

Thanks for your comments Lizzie. I can't explain it, b/c even tho I lost 2 lbs on the second day and now today I am back up 1 lb, I FEEL thinner?? I really don't understand it but yesterday walking around I just FELT it....and my daughter said, "Mom, look how baggy your pants are!" So I don't get how you can NOT lose and seem slimmer but oh well, we take our perks where we can get them!
I had a really good night last night, tho dh was having a time! and was starving and crabby, headache you name it! But I explained to him that he wasn't eating enough (he really hates vegis!)
Anyway, my mindset is getting better and I baked 2 loaves of banana bread (I couldn't throw out all those nanners!) for our kids and our coworkers, cleaned the kitchen with gusto and even did some strength training! Who me?? And the BEST part?? Today I feel strong and I have energy for the first time in weeks!!
jenyne
PS-hope these feelings last!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:13 AM   #12  

PPS- me again....just thought I'd let you know, neither dh nor myself had even a morsel of the banana bread, I didn't even lick my finger!
jenyne
Closed Thread