South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - October 3

Good morning! I hope you Beauties are not as cold as I am this morning. I am sure we had a killing frost last night.

The CT scan in Ottawa went well. Harry was really confused during the whole trip - see my whiny journal for details. Dr. Bob will let us (and Dr JAck) know as soon as he gets the results. I am over feeling guilty about jumping the queue!

I have two 4 quart baskets of jalepeno peppers in my kitchen! Does anyone have any suggestions? I planted 12 plants for some silly reason and picked them all yesterday in case the frost nipped them.

Music later this morning. Once again I have neglected the piano. Ah well, my teacher is very understanding.

Gotta get coffee and crank up the heat before I freeze to death at my computer!

How is your TGIF?
Old 10-03-2003, 06:44 AM   #2  
Mous

We are having cool/warm weather.
Nips at the nose and chills your checks!
Aw Fall is here.

Going to trim my hair today after I wash it.
I need to cut mom's, but she is in a "funk"..she looks every part the Banshee woman!! Gotta love er.

Going to go look up a new chicken recipe. Loved the Lime Yogurt one.

Peppers....now what? Salsa?

Have a great day in whatever yu do.

Keep a happy thought in your heart.

Marcie
Old 10-03-2003, 07:20 AM   #3  

Ruth...you sure do have a short growing season up there...I am still getting tomatoes!! Think my eggplant is spent though...sure did enjoy them this last year. It has been much cooler here but several degrees away from needing heat. I love to hear about our differences in weather. Hug Harry for me.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:31 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Ruth~so glad everything went ok yesterday, well relativly so anyway

It's cool here this am but I haven't turned on the heat yet. For cryin out loud we just barely finished paying off last years gas bill No frost yet as we are on the coast but they had some last night inland.

TGIF! Going to see my darling nephew tonight. then out to dinner on Saturday with friends that are moving to florida. Sunday will probably be cleaning day.

Whimsey I just love eggplant!

Marcie~ Mom looks like a banshee Enjoy your new hairdos!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

It's finally Friday!!!

So far so good for my Friday. We got our furniture yesterday and we just love it

I have a workshop to attend today and hopefully it won't last that long. But at least they are serving lunch I was kinda dreading about going because of that. I like to pack my own lunch....but we'll have to see what they have.

Hope you chickies have a good day!

Old 10-03-2003, 10:00 AM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Good Morning, Ruth....and all my Chickie friends!

Is there enough coffee in the pot for me??? I need some!

Ruth, I'm happy that the CT went relatively well for Harry. Sorry

He was so confused about the whole trip.

Marcie....watch those scissors! My hair needs something, too!! Maybe I need to color it! That's an idea!

Sflake....the nights have been in the 30's this week, and DH has
turned on our heat at night! I turn it off during the day because I
like the fresh air coming through the windows while I can get it!
It's true...DH and I definitely have different body temps!

Whimsey....I'm already missing those fresh tomatoes and eggplants! Wish I was savvy on canning like friend Ruth.

Ms....Hope your lunch goes well. I know that's always a real challenge for "control!" Good luck, hon'!

Yesterday I did finish the Halloween Trick or Treat Bags for my two sweet GC. I also made some real cute hair bows for Halloween for my 3 year old GD. Can't wait to see them on the 11th!!
Today I'm going shopping for a birthday present for my DSIL. I have no idea what to buy. Maybe some nice lotion and soaps to pamper herself!

Well, gotta go. Have a great Friday, Chickies!
~Sharon
Old 10-03-2003, 10:11 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning gang, I don't have much time this morning..... what else is new. It is chilly here and I had to turn the heat on for a bit. My day is going to be a crazy one. Kids to look after, then I have to go coach gymnstics for two hours, then take my hubby in to pick up his bus. Then come home and get my dd costumes ready for her dance competition which is all day tomorrow and a workshop on sunday. Sunday will be a full day of cleaning,cooking and laundry. God it sounds even worse when I write it down. Well have a fab day girls.

Ruth- maybe if you eat a few of those peppers you might warm up. LOL.

Have a great week-end incase I can't manage to get back til monday.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:25 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Good Morning everyone,
I am just about to open the office here and get to work, I am working on the last US Tax Deadline and have several clients, including myself that I promised to get to the CPA.

It has been a terrible year for me, as my father died of a heart attack suddenly this past February, smack dab in the middle of my busiest time of the year. Being that I own the company and am responsible for the bulk of the work, only by the grace of all that I work with was I able to make it through this tax season. Getting this final sweep done will feel good.

Ruth, I am so sorry, I am sure that Harry has his good and not so good days. Harry is so lucky to have you. Since you have so many peppers....I can suggest that you can roast a bunch of them, put them on a baking dish in the oven on about 350 and let them get soft, you can make a mashed mix from them, cover it with oil in a small jar and you can use it throught the winter. You can mix it in other sauces, use it to spice up dressing, sauces..especially if you like spicy! You can add a bit more oil, then you will have spicy oil to season as well!!

I still have a few eggplants and zucchini in the garden.

I hope that everyone has a great Friday, and stays warm. It is cold for us....but I won't insult any of you with the temp here in CA....I am a weather wimp!!!!

ciao bella's
rb
Old 10-03-2003, 10:45 AM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-YUM!!! Jalepenos!!!! I know that they can be canned or pickled for use later, but I don't know how to do it. I'm scared to death of canning wrong, so I've only done jams.....(HEY!! JALEPENO JAM!!!!) I'm glad to hear the cat scan went smoothly, too bad Harry was confused though. DH has had lots of Cscans AND MRIs (He has a seizure disorder and they monitor the scar tissue/focal point to make sure it doesn't deteriorate.) He says it is REALLY claustrophobic feeling in those things!!!! Once they let me come in and watch the images in the "control room" so I have actually SEEN DH's brain!! YES! It is as warped as you might expect. (snicker) I think they did it because we let someone ELSE take cuts. But wouldn't you? The guy had been hit over the head by a baseball bat, and then jumped out the window to get away and landed on his head. I was like, "PLEASE take him first!!"

Marcie-It's cold here too!! I'm having a hard time waking up this morning because of it. I think I am part bear!!!

Whimsey-HI! I forgot to go out and bring in the tomatoes last night and we MAY have had frost. RATS!!! Hope they are okay!!!

Sflake-HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND!!! I'll be doing LAUNDRY since our new dryer will be delivered today!!! Never thought I'd be excited by a dryer, but after hanging laundry and going to the laundromat I am actually excited!!!

Ms24-Hope you have a good time at the seminar!!!

Deets-Your GC are going to have a GREAT time visiting you!! I know my kids always love it when their grandparents do something special for them. They STILL do even though they are teens!!

Little chick-WOW!! You really ARE busy!! I'm at that scary point where my (eldest) son's friends pick him up!! This morning he had a ride to school, and after school he is walking to a friend's house for band practice!!!

Rowan-Sorry to hear about your Dad. Sometimes having a lot of work to do helps you get THROUGH it, but man, it is difficult too. Your idea for the Jalepenos is GREAT!! The oil would get nicely flavored over time too!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 11:20 AM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Don't faint Ruth: I almost made it in time for coffee. How about lunch? did get an early start today. By the time you use each of these Jalapeno suggestions they will be all used up. I was thinking of pepper jam. I've seen that in specialty stores.
sorry that Harry had some time of confusion, so I imagine he was happy to get home in familiar surroundings.

Whimsey: Did you grow white eggplant? That is our favorite, but they are hard to come by.

I think that most every couple I talk with have different inner thermostats. I'm the cold one in our family, and DH wants the air on much colder than I can enjoy. But I refuse to wear a sweater in my own home, when the outside temp is 90deg.

Been busy this a.m. sending out a lot of emails to State church Conventions looking for resumes in our Pastor Search. Hope we get lots of interested and interesting candidates. This is a big job. Our church runs about 500 a Sunday that is total attendance, adults, kids youth, etc. We have a pre-school day care, and a Christian school k-6.

Rowan: It is tough to lose a parent, and especially when it is so unexpected. I do agree, that work often helps to assuaage the grief, and aids the grieving process. But only time is the great healer. You sound very busy. I admire anyone who works with numbers. I just about manage my checkbook and that is all.: You sound like a gourmet cook. I hope your dream of a B&B comes true on of these days.

Is there anyone out there that does Quilling as a hobby.(Paper Art) I have done that off and on, and decided to make some gift cards to put of for sale at our Craft Sale coming up in November. I can watch t.v. and do that.

Looks like DH will be waiting for his lunch soon. Have a great Beach Day. Lizzie
Old 10-03-2003, 11:49 AM   #11  

Good morning Beach Beauties!

I hope there's still a little coffee left

Ruth - Glad the CT is over now and you will soon have some clearer understanding and expectations. Sorry to hear Harry was so confused on the trip. It must be difficult at times to remain patient and you should be proud of yourself for all you are doing-- For yourself as well as for him. He is indeed a lucky man to have you! We're all lucky to have you!

I have used Jalepeno jam! It really exists and is delicious! It's also beautiful because it contains different colors of pieces of peppers! I've used it in a Brie en Brioche! Really impresses the petunias off guests! Easy to make too (but alas, not on plan). Simply cut the SMALL (about size of your hand with fingers out) wheel the hard way so you have 2 wheels top and bottom. Spread the Jalepeno Jam on moderately thickly and sprinkle with chopped pecans and put the top back on...wrap in puff pastry dough by pulling all the corners into the center of the top and twist the dough to seal it (I make a pretty "flower")and bake at 350 F until golden. Puff pastry dough sheets can be found by Pepperidge Farms in the freezer section of most grocery stores. You don't need to serve it with crackers because the dough puffs up and is like bread. If you want more details or info, P.M. me and I'd be glad to give more details.

Whimsey & Dentrassi: I hope your tomatoes survive this mini-cold spell! I love summer tomatoes in the early fall!

SFlake: What's new for dinner this coming week? Have a great weekend!

Marcie: XOXOXO for you!

ms24: Enjoy the seminar and pass the bread basket across the table!!

Deets: The Halloween stuff sounds like it will be a big hit with the kids! Have a great visit and then enjoy the peace!!!

LChick: Gymnastics coach? Impressive. Sounds like a busy weekend! Enjoy it!

Rowan: Wow! Sometimes those huge things put everything else into perspective! Sorry it's been such a tough year for you! Hope it helps to know we care!

Hope I greeted everyone! Hugs to all who have yet to check in! I miss Ellis and who's turn is it to wake Franny?

xoxoxo,
Old 10-03-2003, 11:54 AM   #12  

Hi LizziePie!!! We must have posted at the same time! Good luck with the Pastor search. Make it a fun experience! Have a great day! Whacha makin' DH for lunch? I'm getting hungry too.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:08 PM   #13  
Imagine...

Rowan~Sorry about your Dad, it's never easy. We lost both our parents suddenly in the same year when me & my sister were 17 and 18 our brothers were somewhat older so it's always been jsut us kids for a long time. Thankfully we have each other. You can stay busy for only so long. Allow yourself the time you need to grieve. Sweetie if you don't it will sneek up on you when you least expect it. And ask for help from family & friends it really does help. Feel free to PM me if you like

Ruth~ I once had lamb with jalepeno mint jelly and it was fantastic. I have no idea how one would make it as we were in a restaurant and that's their job

J&L~ This coming week I think I will try the brownie recipe from the SBD recipe section it sounds great & I love chocolate. Although I do have to first go buy a pan

Lot of MIA's like Ellis, 2DogMOM, Gofishin...hope all is well girls.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! I just found a recipe for jalepeno jam!
Ellis is off on a trip with her DH. She will probably check in tomorrow.l
Harry wants lunch so I need to spring into action! Spoiled brat!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:17 PM   #15  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Robin-That Brie recipe sounds WONDERFUL! And relatively easy too....maybe I'll make it for the next family get together!!!
Closed Thread