South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 08:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Foggy TGIF Chat - September 26

Wow! It's 40F and the world looks like it's had a pail of milk dumped all over it. We have a real pea-souper so you Beauties will not be able to find my house this morning. The dogs disappear and then reappear in the Dog Garden!

Hey, great news! I heard from Doctor Bob this morning and he has a CT scan booked for Harry in Ottawa next week! It's so nice to have friends in high places. I owe that lad a prime rib dinner and a peach crumble pie!

The Girls and I did a one hour walk yesterday in new (to them) territory and plan a repeat today as soon as the fog burns off. I still have not done much in the sewingroom but I'd better get the clothing shift done soon before we freeze to death on our walks. I had a wee bit of an NSV when I tried on some of my cozy fleece outfits from last year. Too big! And big means not cozy so I guess I need to order some in a regular 18 or 16. Dare I go for the 16? Hmmmm.

So what's up with you girlfriends on this TGIF?
Old 09-26-2003, 08:24 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Go for it Ruth! I'm thinking the same thing, as my 18's are getting quite roomy. My refinance closed yesterday with no problems. considering the last few days, that is nothing short of a miracle. So glad its Friday as this week has been 4 months long.

NSV for me too, yanno how your shirt sometimes rides up in the back kinda squished into the top of your butt, between the rolls. well dh always walks behind me when we enter someplace and if needed he pulls the darn thing out. Well yesterday he said your butt must be smaller as I haven't had to dislodge (sp?) your blouse in a while hehehe A truely sweet man. A keeper!

: for the CAT scan.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:37 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ruthie...I'm out here in the garden and can't find your house! Put the coffee on...we'll need it to keep away the chills!

Go for the 16, definately! Before you know it 16s will be too big!

Sflake- on the major NSV! I know EXACTLY what you mean! And yes, your hubby is a keeper!

Gotta share my NSV..I can see my ribs! Really and truly, I can see my ribs on the top of my chest. Not so much lower down, but still!

Busy busy here....had to drop off a salad (Oriental Chicken Salad) at school for the teacher appreciation luncheon, and picked up the contents of the Campbell's Labels for Education drop off bin. I am the coordinator, which is just a fancy way of saying I get to cut them all out, count them, bundle them, and mail them away! The bin was soooo full! It is going to take me a month of Sundays to get them all "processed!"

Our cruise is about 6 weeks away and I have so much to do...but I haven't managed to get any of it done! What in the world is wrong with me? I have been excited for so long you would think I would already have our bags packed! I keep saying...maybe next week...maybe over the weekend....maybe maybe maybe! Gotta get it in gear!

Okay, enough coffee for me. I need to get some sleep. Ruthie, are you sure this is decaf? I feel kinda pumped!

Have a great day!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:03 AM   #4  

Am waiting to phone the doctor's office. Will post more later...don't be concerned..no biggy!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:41 AM   #5  

G'morning y'all!

Thank you to everyone who's helping prepare me for my holiday hysteria (thread...) I haven't even started with the clothing crisis yet! My closet runs from a 22/24 all the way to a 12 and back! Some stuff isn't even in style anymore and I've hit all those sizes within the past 3.5 years!!! Now a 16 (sometimes a 14 in the more expensive stuff)

Ruth - I promised myself that I would only buy stuff that fit because I had so many things in my closet that still have the tags on and don't fit! I think you have such a strong committment to this WOL and you should go for the smaller size!!! Be proud of what you are doing!!! Especially with all of the current circumstances...if you're still on plan...you're fabulous!!! (You're fabulous anyway!!!)

That's wonderful news about the CT scan!!!How far is Ottowa from you? Give Dr. Bob a kiss from us!

s'flake - what's NSV? I hate when my shirt gets stuck! I feel I have the biggest tush! Your DH sounds so supportive! Don't let go of him!!!

Franny- Why can't the kids cut out the labels for you? that's what we do with the "Boxtops for Education" labels at our school. Each kid cuts them out and the classes have contests to see which class brings in more...

Ribs are delicious! Yours aren't meaty enough! Congratulations!

Which cruise? I love crusing!!! With or without kiddles?

Tip - hope all is ok! fill us in if we can be helpful to you!

Well all, I've been very gabby... As I mentioned in my other thread...you will all be in my thoughts and prayers for a year full of good health, happiness, success and peace!

Thanks for the coffee! See ya later!
Robin
Old 09-26-2003, 10:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Crisp, cool mornin here in Mississippi this mornin! It's so nice outside. I decided to take the day off...lol. Actually I have some cleaning to do today since I won't be able to do it tomorrow. We have a football game to go to and usually leave really, really early just to get a good parking space and then walk around campus.

Ruth, that's great news about your CT scan ... it is nice to know somebody who can help ya out! I'd order the 16s too....like franny said soon they'll be too big

I won't be walking today since I'm not at work, so I'll have to do one of my exercise videos...prolly when dh is outside working in the yard. Right now the pest control people are here spraying for termites...better safe than sorry.

sflake, your hubby sounds a lot like mine...I think we need to keep them for a few more years

Hope y'all have a great Friday!
Old 09-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth! Too big! That's great!!
And OH MY GOD!! Harry's getting his scan next week! I'm SO happy for you both. phew!

Sflake, your DH is a sweetie.

Franny... ribs!? That's fantastic!!

Robin, thanks for the prayers. They are MUCH appreciated by all of us.

Ms24, don't you forget that exercise video.

Well, I have nothing to say. Hard to believe, huh?
Old 09-26-2003, 04:02 PM   #8  

Finally back home...finally! Okay, some background for those who don't know me. I am a polio survivor. I'm having a great deal of trouble with one of my legs as there is no muscle tone or much circulation. Therefore I have major water retention. . I've had an area of skin that is deteriorating and in the last three weeks it is getting larger and VERY weepy. Weepy to the point that I slapped a sanitary pad on it so it doesn't leak into my shoe. (Hey, it works!) I decided to see a doc today and couldn't get my regular one. This new doc took one look at my history and leg and took off to find my regular one!

To make a long story short, I reluctantly agreed to go to the hospital next week if it isn't better then. The leg is tightly wrapped and I'm on an antibiotic.

I hear that my doctor told the other one that I took the prospect of hospitalizing better than usual. He said that usually I say "NO f*cking way"! Tis true!

Don't worry. I'll be fine. Am buying a sh*t pile of books and magazines in case I end up in the hospital next week. Sneak me some booze, will ya!
Old 09-26-2003, 06:12 PM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Private Tippy, you are hearby ordered to GET BETTER QUICKLY! Gee, Tip...glad you went to the doc today! With any luck your leg will start improving without hospitalization. But if you do have to go, be a good girl about it, okay? And we'll be sending lots of good thoughts your way. No booze, but lot's of good thoughts!

Robin-NSV=Non Scale Victory, or all the cool stuff that happens when you lose weight that has NOTHING to do with what the scale says!

I like your idea of having the kids cut the labels. This is the first full year of doing Campbells, so the program is in its infancy. The Boxtops program is set up on a classroom by classroom basis, with rewards, etc. Maybe next year we'll do something like that!

We are cruising to the Southern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean's newest ship, Serenade of the Seas. We are taking the youngest with us. There really isn't anyone nearby for him to stay with, plus I know he will have such a good time. He's an extrememely easy kid so I don't worry about taking him!

I'm off to squeeze in come cardio then weights. I am trying a new, harder lifting program that just started this week. I decided not to be afraid of heavier weights and to just work up to them. So far so good...no injuries and very little soreness!

I'll check in later and get your times, so pony up, everyone!
Old 09-26-2003, 06:22 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Tippy, you get better soon! What kind of booze would you like?
Hang in there...
Old 09-26-2003, 07:05 PM   #11  
Imagine...

: Take care of your leg and I'll bring some wine. I think red is even considered ok for SBD
Old 09-26-2003, 08:14 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!! It has been a crazy busy week for me!!!

Franny-I used to coordinate the Campbell's labels too!!! We had a pizza party at the end of the year for the class that collected the most.

Ellis-NOTHING TO SAY?!?! ARE YOU FEELING OKAY SWEETIE?

Ruth-GOOD! Glad to hear that Harry will be getting the c-scan soon.

Tippy-Sorry to hear about the leg. If I were closer I'd bring you a drink!! (Something low carb of course!!!)

Robin-Happy New Year!

Sflake-Your Hubby is DEFINITELY a keeper!!!!

MS24-Glad to hear yours is a keeper!! Actually it seems like quite a few hubbies here ARE!! (Mine is too. Today I cracked a joke "it could be worse" in relation to myself, and he said "I can't see how it could be any BETTER." I nearly cried....
Old 09-26-2003, 08:23 PM   #13  

Ruth--go for the size 16! I hope all goes well with Harry.
Franny--when's your trip? I'm soooooooooo jealous!
Tippy--- Nice to meet you, I'm relatively new and love it here. Hope all goes well with your leg.
Ellis---I've been meaning to tell you that your wit is a scream! I truly enjoy your posts--I think it started with the chicken balls??
J&Lmom--did you come up with any other ideas for the dinner? It is a challenge.
Hope you all have a nice evening. (although with the time difference most of you may be sleeping now!) sweet dreams.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:13 AM   #14  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Snoozin, our trip is November 8-15...our 10th anniversary is the 12th and DH has his BD on the 15th, so we've got some major celebrating to do! Wish I could take each and every one of you along!

Dentrassi-sounds like your DH is a major keeper, too! What a sweet, and perfectly timed, remark! Good for him!

Sweet dreams, all. I know you are all asleep...or at least should be! It is after 4am here in Ohio! I came home early from work...upset tummy...so I'm off to bed shortly. Take care, all!
Closed Thread