South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 07:55 PM   #1  
vmr

Default I need help please

I have been on the program for 3 weeks today. I have lost a total of 6.8 pounds which isn't much as I weigh almost 250 and go to the gym every day w/20 minutes of aerobics and 15 minutes of weights, arms one day, legs the next. I have been on Phase I these past weeks and am afraid to go to Phase II for two reasons. I am afraid to reintroduce carbs back and I think the weight is coming off pretty slow as it is. I continue to go to WW for the weigh-in, once a week. It is worth it to me for an accurate weigh-in. I eat veggies, fish, cheese, everything on the approved list except nuts. Any motivating advice? Thanks so much. Please feel free to email me at home if you'd like. email deleted by Mod Victoria
Old 09-24-2003, 08:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Victoria, I started on SBD needing to lose close to 70 pounds. I was disappointed when I only lost 5 pounds the first two weeks, but moved on to Phase II anyhow. I actually lost 7 pounds during the first two weeks of Phase II. Don't be discouraged. This is a great program... stick with it!
Old 09-24-2003, 08:50 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I deleted your email address. Please do not post email addies in this public forum.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:42 PM   #4  

Victoria, it sounds like you have been following the plan 100% ...

1. Are you drinking as much water as humanly possible??

2. Are you eating enough calories??

I think you should try adding a piece of fruit (maybe a pear, strawberries or an apple ... they have fiber) once a day and see what happens. I too, continue to lose weight on Phase II after only loosing about 7 pounds Phase I at the rate of about 2 pounds every two weeks.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:17 PM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi Victoria,
Don't be discouraged. People lose at different rates. There are many factors that will influence your weight loss, such as metabolism and body type. Are you an apple or pear shape? From what I've read, the pear shapes tend to lose a little slower than the apple types, but again there are exceptions to this also.

Honestly, 6.8 pounds in 2 weeks is great!!! That's almost 7 pounds gone, and you should be proud of yourself! Pick up seven 1 pound packages of butter......kind of helps put into perspective just how well you've done so far!

Don't be afraid to move into Phase 2, just take it slowly. This is a scary transition for a lot of people. I started with adding fruit first, then moved on to yogurt and now have also added Uncle Sams cereal. You may actually find that you lose weight faster in phase 2, some people do.

Also, what I find that helps me is to not look at how much I need to lose (I have about 60 pounds left to go), but rather to break it down into smaller goals to strive for. I am rewarding myself after each 10 pound loss (only 1/2 pound to go before I reach my second reward). Smaller goals to focus on make the journey a little less overwhelming.

And come back and post often. The support here is just amazing, and it is honestly what is helping me to succeed!!
Old 09-25-2003, 11:22 AM   #6  
vmr

Thank you all for the motivating words, I guess you just get so excited about the 7-13 pounds in two weeks promo that anything less is dissapointing. I guess I will start w/fruit and go slowwwww. Ruth, I apologize for the email error. Thanks again, Victoria
Old 09-25-2003, 12:39 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Don't be discouraged Victoria! I am on Week 2 of Phase 1 and have only lost 4.5 lbs but I am still sticking with it. I figure that it is 4.5 lbs gone that wasn't moving when I was doing just WW.

I am doing SBD and still going to my WW meetings and SBD has given me a jumpstart since I have been stalled for a while.

Even if it goes slowly I am at least detoxing myself from excessive sugar and carbs so my body will benefit in the long run.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:50 PM   #8  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Victoria!

Don't be discouraged, hon. You are doing great! I'm sure we were all expecting big losses the first 2 weeks, but didn't realize that we are each unique and different people.

The advice that has already been given is great.....water, water, and more water. It flushes out all the impurities. Makes your skin pretty, too. I lost only 5 pounds in Phase 1, and have been adding fruits, and a few "good carbs" back very slowly. I only allow myself 1 slice of whole grain bread aevery 2 or 3 daysin addition to the recommended fruits. I sometimes eat a FF/SF yogurt, but not often. I've tried to add back some beans and legumes, as they are good fiber. I don't care that the weight is coming off at a slow pace. I'm in this for the lifestyle. The important thing is you will feel so much better in the long run.

Keep up with the exercise. You are doing so well. Check in often and let us know how you are doing.
~Sharon
Old 09-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gee, Victoria, don't apologize. I realize my post was a bit abrupt but we've just gone through a rash of "email harvesting". The best thing is to exchange emails by PM and still, be careful.

It looks as if you've received tons of good advice. Wise Beach Beauties in here! Hang in there and Welcome to The Beach!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #10  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Victoria, Welcome! I really don't have much to add in the way of advice...all my beach sisters gave you the good stuff! I did just want to welcome you and to encourage you to stick with it! After a while the other benefits of this WOE will become apparent (feel better, more energy, better skin, etc) and the weight loss becomes secondary. Nice, but secondary! Post often and let us know how you are doing!
Closed Thread