South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 06:31 AM   #1  
Mous

Question Routines at the Beach DAILY 9/19

Routines, we all have them.

When does routine become obsession?
Do you fret when the routine is broken?
Will you eat over it?

My routine was broken this morning........3FC wouldn't let me post!
It made me fretful because I want to make sure I get to tell you all a hello and write what is on my mind.

I did not eat over it, though.

Do you think routine's are ever good?
Why do you think we have them?
It is odd that if the routine isn't done we don't "feel" right.

Routine's are a major part of everyone's day and for children they are a good thing.
It is when we get unnerved about them that they become dangerous.
We are such creatures of habit. I amaze myself that I have such a set pattern.
I, and mom, are trying to rid ourselves of some of our routine's.

As a child, I could tell you what day of the week it was simply by what mom did.

I don't need an alarm to wake, I am up and rearing to go at the same time every day. Aw, routine's!

Also, if we break our routine, we won't do it till the next week, so the routine will stay the same. Terrible, huh? Sometimes my house stays unpicked up till the following Routine Day!!

My BEST routine, for me, is coming here and starting the thread every day. What is yours?

Ruth, as moderator, I wanted to make sure it was OK to have a regular weekly thread. So THANK YOU on behalf of the Beach Beauties and myself.

I am so PROUD of all of you. You are growing in all the right places.

We miss those that are under the weather, sad, tired and just shy. Lurk, read and do. Come back soon.

Have a nice day and remember to tell someone today that they are loved.

Grand-Daughter do you know that Grandma Marcie loves you?
Great Grandma Lucille said to tell you HO HO HO get up and GO GO GO! (she's too funny!)

Have a great day at the Beach, my Beach Beauties.

Marcie
Old 09-19-2003, 07:40 AM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING!!!!

Perfect topic for me Marcie!!! I have a BIG problem with routines and discipline, and I KNOW I could use more of both!!! Number one for me would be getting on a normal regular schedule!!!

Another busy day for me, so I'll just say, hope you all have a wonderful day at the beach today!!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 07:44 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Routine - (n.) Any regular course of action or procedure rigidly adhered to by the mere force of habit.

So, are routines good for us? I guess it depends. Routines are really just habits, right? So if your routine includes healthy, positive habits, then it must be a good thing! Establishing good routines is a great way to incorporate new habits into your life, too.

As to why we have them, I have a theory. I think we strive to create order out of chaos. Having routines is one way in which we attempt to control the world around us. It is when we don't cope well with changes in our routine and feel a sense of loss of control that routines become problematic.

I am a firm believer in routines, yet I also think we need to "shake things up" once in a while! No matter how positive your routines and how well they have worked for you in the past, they may not always work as well! Then it is time to let a little bit of chaos into your world! Keeps things exciting, don't you think?

Grandma Marcie, hugs and kisses to you and Greatgrandma Lucille! XOXOXOX! What a wonderful way to start the day!

Am fighting the start of a cold my dear, adorable, germy 7 year old gave me. Hopefully I won't be sidelined by the bug as some of you dear beachsters have been!

Sending good thoughts to all my fellow beauties!
Old 09-19-2003, 08:46 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My routine has gone to **** in a handbasket lately. I love routines! When things are off track, I feel lazy and disoriented. I guess I'm sort of bi-polar - either on top of everything or slothful!

This morning I am off to town to get some groceries to put me squarely back on The Beach routine. Things have definitely been slipping for obvious reasons. Time to plan menus for ME, not just for Harry!
Old 09-19-2003, 09:22 AM   #5  

Routines ... my life revolves around routines and I get VERY frustrated when something changes them ... especially with food; it's so much easier to stay op while at work.

You are absolutely right Franny, routines are a way to maintain some control in a world that we really don't have any control over.

And Ruth, eventually all the confusion will turn into routine for you as well ... keep smiling!!!

Have a good day beachsters!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 09:29 AM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

A-a-a-a-h!! Such a great topic of conversation to start off my day! Routines......habits......organizing life!

I am a creature of habit and a highly organized person. I thrive on putting things in order in my life. When everything is in chaos, it makes me a nervous wreck.

My DH, on the other hand, is not any of the above.....hence, I tend to "organize " his life, also. Makes us both happy!!

I love coming here on a daily basis, Marcie, to get my daily dose of emotional direction. Then, I like to (each day) go to BootCamp with Sarge Franny to get me focused OP for the day. After that, I'm set!!

Seriously, though, to have a regular routine to your day, is a positive thing.
To be lacking of any enrichment, and to be rigid to any changes, is a negative type of routine.
Guess we need to strive for the middle ground. Keep focused and on target , but to always be open for new, innovative ideas.

Franny.....Hope you can shake this cold!!!

Den......get back to your regular routine. You'll feel better.

Ruth......pack in those OP groceries. We all need those!

Have a lovely day on the Beach all you Beauties!
~Sharon
P.S. Ellis......feel better! I'm sending you good
thoughts.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:21 AM   #7  
Fighter

I didn't used to have very many routines, my life was very disorganized and chaotic, and I could never stick to anything that I started. So, I began experimenting with routines, and I feel great! I love feeling like I have control over my life, and honestly, having a routine is the only way I stick with anything. When I first started with them, though, I would quit if I missed just one day. I used to ride my exercise bike for 30 minutes each day, but if I missed a day, there was no telling when I'd get back on it. Or I would try to make a routine out of doing my hair and makeup before work every day, I missed one day and never did my hair or wore makeup to work again. :-D I don't think I've ever eaten over breaking a routine, unless it's a food-related routine. Now, I try to look at it this way -- if I miss a day, no big deal, tomorrow is a new day and I can hop right back on again. That way of thinking has really helped me stick to healthy ways of eating, quitting smoking, and other things, too. Everyone have a beautiful day today!!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Good morning everyone! Its finally Friday! Gosh I just love Fridays!

Good topic! I have a routine, but some times I can't keep it I don't fret over it either. But Saturdays are usually my cleaning day and whenever we hav a football game to go to, I just try and do all that stuff on Friday night instead.

Hope y'all have a good day!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #9  

In the army , at basic trainning i once heard that if you do something positively the same for eleven days it becomes routine.... hope this helps?
Old 09-19-2003, 03:40 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Good afternoon Beach Beauties:

All the years I was teaching my life was governed by routines. Up the same time, off to school the same, lunch the same, home the same, you get the drill. Now that I am retired I don't have any routines anymore. Probably my house would be in better shape if I had a regular cleaning day. : But I don't. Just do it when it looks like it needs it. Is this good or bad?

I know some of you gals had problems with Isabel. As did my DD and SIL. Hope you get power back soon. Hang in there. Lizzie
Old 09-19-2003, 09:25 PM   #11  

Good evening everyone!
Ususally, by the time I get to post it is late in the evening. I'm not sure about the time zone most of you are in but it must be quite different from mine. I think a lot of you may be in bed already, because there doesn't seem to be much activity in posting when I'm on.
Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts and am coming to find that you all are caring, fun and wise group of chicks.

Thanks for all the inspiration!
Closed Thread