South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 08:18 PM   #1  

Question OK Gals, Work with me here...

I've got questions... 1st: this is Day 5 for me and it's the first day I feel more like myself. Been feeling kinda puny since I started the diet (lack of fries and chocolate, I think!). I seriously was eating out of control before starting SBD. Had thoughts time to time about starting, but finally made a serious commitment with myself. Heartburn every day, looking in the mirror and zeroing in on my double chin. I haven't been doing myself any favors in the health aspect. I should know better, I've been yo-yo dieting for years. I'm only 5'1" so the pounds show pretty fast. Have been on Atkins, didn't do well, only 8 pounds in like 5 months. Then WW and I made lifetime losing 40 pounds. My deal is I can't keep it off. Been struggling with "the diet mentality" way of thinking.
Frannymae, thanks for the tip on website scaleitdown.com. It really applies to me and the way I've been thinking about dieting. I hope all you will check it out. It may be helpful to you.
That said, I'm still a little confused with the foods and/or the amount of foods allowed. Should the daily menu plan be followed to the letter? By that I mean, I realize you don't have to eat the specific choices given, but can you have a snack of something allowed that is sugar-free (like Jello) or a diet soda, whenever?
Old 09-14-2003, 08:27 PM   #2  

I wasn't finished, but ran out of room. Also portion size. For dinner tonight I had broiled chicken breast and 1/2cup of 1 percent fat cottage cheese and a LARGE helping of steamed green beans. Then I had a 1/2 cup of sugar free Jello. I was fuller than I've been for 5 days, but I think maybe it was too much.
I don't intend to eat more than I should, but hey, I want to eat what I can!
You gals are teriffic. I've been reading lots of posts and you all are so thoughtful of one another.
I'm glad to be here!
Old 09-14-2003, 09:23 PM   #3  

Sue,

I don't think the dinner you posted was too much ... have you tried logging your food into FITDAY.COM??? Then you can compare what you're eating with what you burn ... and 5 days sounds about right for feeling like yourself.

I don't think you can "overeat" on meat and veggies ... you fill up pretty quickly on that which is probably you felt so full ...

Congratulations on making a decision on being a healthier person ... good luck!!! (Now I think I'll go have a SF jello!!)
Old 09-14-2003, 11:17 PM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Sue, Nikkiloo answered your question about what you ate for dinner, so I'll try with the question about following menus.

If I read you right, you need to know if you should eat a snack if it is on the menu? Not the exact thing, but an allowed snack? The first couple of weeks I felt like I was eating all the time! 3 meals, 2 snacks and a "treat!" But I still lost 10 pounds...so I must not have been "overdoing" it. I think you should try and eat the snacks...staying full keeps you away from the other, not so beach healthy stuff! You can keep it small...a cheese stick or a FEW nuts...but try and get your snacks in.

I HOPE I answered your question...if not, holler again and you're sure to find out what you need to know!
Old 09-15-2003, 05:47 AM   #5  
Mous

Check out the foods lists and our recipe thread.

Snacks help fuel the body.

Most of the time you really aren't hungry, so when the munchies hit and you have already enjoyed a snack, wait ten minutes then if you are still feeling like you want something, do have a snack. FF or SF, or LF.

Lady
Old 09-15-2003, 11:59 AM   #6  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

A word of advice - be very careful with nuts - they became my new chocolate fix and it didn't help with my weightloss at all - very hindering because i was in the mentality that they were "free" - (sound effect from Family Feud "X" - wrong answer!!)

I had to swear off nuts or just eat them as a special treat or at work when I can control my portion size much better

Also, sugar-free candy does not work well with my digestive family (all the sugar alcohols) so keep that in mind also

Good luck!!
Old 09-15-2003, 04:49 PM   #7  

Thanks Gals,
I am eating the suggested snacks in the daily menu, I want to know if I can have more as long as they are SF or extremely LF and if I can sip an extra diet soda during the day. I know soda is not really good for us, but I Like It... (and I am still drinking a lot of water so I'm not replacing it with sodas).

Has anyone tried the Fruit2o drinks? I tried the lemon and the berry, both very good but pretty sweet tasting. It is sweetened with Splenda, which is my sugar subsitute preference. In general though, I'd rather have a diet coke, for me fizz rules.
TIA
Old 09-15-2003, 08:22 PM   #8  

Snoozin ... try to stick with the caffein free diet soda; as far as the snacks go like everyone says, watch the nuts ... no sugar added fat free fudgesicles are good if you need chocolate!!!
Closed Thread